Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2017, 14:07   #1
Senior Member+

Everton Match Thread

As no-one else has started one, here goes, with the news that we're winning 1-0 from a Billy Kee penalty after the famous A. Triallist was brought down by the keeper!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2017, 14:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Everton Match Thread

Now 1-2.
Old 15-07-2017, 15:25   #3
Senior Member+

2-2 Edwards. Short clips of the goals are now shown on the Twitter site:
https://twitter.com/ASFCofficial?ref...-joins-reds%2F
Old 15-07-2017, 15:30   #4
Senior Member+

3-2! Og?

Now 3-3...

Last edited by MikeA; 15-07-2017 at 15:33.
Old 15-07-2017, 15:32   #5
I am Banned

3-3
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 16:06   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Overall thought stanley played well, yeh could tell the Everton kids were premiership kids,no complaints from me. our number 14 was like a carthorse chasing the ball across the everton box, equaliser came from that fact as far as i'm concerned.
AccyMad, Wynonie Harris and mab like this.

Last edited by cashman; 15-07-2017 at 16:09.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 16:12   #7
God Member

Typical friendly lots of changes both sides some very talented Everton players were better than Huddersfield for me had us ball watching at times, as for trialists the unknown striker played well again but fluffed his chance when through on keeper Ryan Scicluna No.18 came on and played in centre of midfield alongside Scotty Brown did nothing wrong and read the game well still no sign of a keeper though but Arron pulled of some good saves today.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 16:16   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So overall the consensus after the 2 games is. And how's the squad looking & what are the perceived expectations for Stanley in 2017/18?
Old 15-07-2017, 16:28   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I reckon were very promising, but still need 2/3 additions keeper n striker defo. dont understand why our manager plays kee alone then edwards alone why not try em together?
Old 15-07-2017, 16:29   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So overall the consensus after the 2 games is. And how's the squad looking & what are the perceived expectations for Stanley in 2017/18?
Staying up mate low expectations and over deliver
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 15-07-2017, 16:45   #11
God Member

Agree mostly with Cashy, enjoyed the game although I've no clue who scored our third - it seemed to roll in all by itself
Got to agree about Hughes as well bless him, his method of defending did make him look a bit gormless against the young Everton lads' technical skills but when it comes round to the league games his 'stop 'em at all costs' style is very useful in league 2
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 16:52   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Something that DID annoy me was the fact Everton commit a bad foul and the ref does sod all apart from award us a freekick, 15 mins later a stanley foul that didn't look half as bad and the ref book our lad? whats all that about?
Old 15-07-2017, 17:19   #13
Full Member+

It was an average game we could and should have won. Some of our better players like pearson and others seemed to be strolling without any real motivation. The keeper seems to be lacking a little confidence although he pulls some good saves he also fluffs some he should take easily. I can't understand why he brought rommie on in this game when we should have give a run out to the others left in the dugout which would have given them a boost. I have to agree with Coley that we did not put the effort in. They were a well organised side and found space in and around our box. The passing was crisp for most of the game. We answered them well but we did leak 3 goals. so a keeper is needed and a good striker who would have scored at least another two today. All in all we have the main ingredients for a serious promotion chase this season. We have to get the method right and a couple more players and I feel a lot more confident this season than last.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 17:49   #14

For al those c.b.b.'s (ha ha!) who chose not to attend todays game, you missed a 6 goal festival of football.
Everton's young bloods showed their premiership class & some of the silky smooth skill on display was a joy to watch.
It's certain that some Everton stars of the future were on display, particularly their young no.7 who's skill with the ball was sublime - he also scored a goal!
But this was no one-sided game. Stanley put on a far better display than that on Wednesday against Huddersfield.
It was confident, assured & effective. Some of the one-touch passing in the first half would have had Arsene Wenger smiling.
Glad to see we've signed 'Big Ben' Richards-Everton, who was again a formidable presence at the back.
I thought all of the trialist's on show were excellent & new boy Nolan was outstanding in midfield, always demanding the ball & making decisive passes.
Coley will certainly have a dilemma deciding who to play in future games as on today's display, we witnessed the genesis of a new, exciting & skilful Stanley.
Get your bets on now for promotion!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 17:55   #15
I am Banned

1 minute from the end coley I besiege mentions the name of our trialists striker just can't figure it out, sounds like Kane hill
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..