Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2017, 16:47   #31
Full Member+

Re: Exeter and the game that never was

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
If that games on, Orient physio will have gone by then don't know if they can play the game if they dont have a physio or club doctor
I hope it is, It is awful to see a fellow club go out like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2017, 16:47   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I knew he would win you round eventually Cashy
Doubt if that will ever happen but credit were its due imho
AccyMad likes this.
Old 11-03-2017, 16:57   #33

Exeter been unbeaten at home since November, so to take 3 points is a brillant results!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-03-2017, 17:00   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
Exeter been unbeaten at home since November, so to take 3 points is a brillant results!
Something else they won't like us for, they've still not forgiven us for THAT tackle by Pete Cav
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 17:47   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
hope yeh are di.
And so do I.... xx
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 18:05   #36
Senior Member+

What a great result for the Stanley today!
41 points now and only 9 from Coley's regular initial seasonal target of 50 points.
Well done lads and such a confidence booster especially for Shay and Marek, the defence and also surely for the whole team!
ON STANLEY ON!
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!
AccyMad and cashman like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 18:45   #37

Best I've seen them play in a long time, we pressed every ball from the start. Don't know how long we can keep hold of Matty Pearson though, he's an absolute stand-out in this league.

Loads of glum faces on the train back to Dawlish (except for one).

Great day out & one of the best pasties I've had on my travels. Plenty of pepper and piping hot.
AccyMad likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 19:30   #38
God Member

Thanks Alan
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 19:31   #39
I am Banned

We all know that Stanley's going up !!
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 19:44   #40
Senior Member+

An excellent win against a disappointing Exeter side. I really did expect more from them.

Yes, Matty Person was excellent but my man of the match would be Mark Hughes. He controls our strong defensive unit and is always on hand to cope with problems.

We do still have issues, though. We desperately need a midfielder who can run into spaces and support the attack - in the way that Matt Crooks did. And I hesitate to say this but I feel that Billy Kee is only a shadow of the player that he was last season. Is it the build-up play from Piero that he is missing? Or the lack of support from midfield? Clare played well and it was presumably a tactical change to bring on Clark for the second half. We always seem more direct when Clark is playing and I would like him to start.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 19:58   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
An excellent win against a disappointing Exeter side. I really did expect more from them.

Yes, Matty Person was excellent but my man of the match would be Mark Hughes. He controls our strong defensive unit and is always on hand to cope with problems.

We do still have issues, though. We desperately need a midfielder who can run into spaces and support the attack - in the way that Matt Crooks did. And I hesitate to say this but I feel that Billy Kee is only a shadow of the player that he was last season. Is it the build-up play from Piero that he is missing? Or the lack of support from midfield? Clare played well and it was presumably a tactical change to bring on Clark for the second half. We always seem more direct when Clark is playing and I would like him to start.
Clare came off injured according to the man himself on Twitter
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 20:16   #42
Senior Member+

Not having that ...... it wasn't working (again) and second half we looked much better - and balanced.
I was surprised he started and predicted a change.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 20:17   #43
God Member

Great to see Stanley's efforts on the road rewarded with a win....didn't make Crewe so it's been a long time since Woking for me.
The defence were superb, they nullified Exeter's attacking threat, and Rodik had a almost flawless game, with two superb saves when goals would have changed the game.
Before the start I was a tad concerned that without Mr.Beckles in the middle, Ruben Reid would be a handful but Messrs Hughes and Rogers took good care of him. Rogers got a lot of stick in the first half from the Exeter fans, and I assume Professor Coleman's reference to aimless passing was alluding to some of the over-hit through balls from him, but I suspect their fans were just as miffed that Rogers kept thwarting their attacks.
But agree with RR that Hughes just shaded MoM today, he always seemed to be there, especially in the second half, to make that crucial clearance or block.
I can only assume Clare picked up a knock as he was pretty effective in the first 45, but Clark was quick and always looking to get forward whenever he got the ball.
Also an excellent second substitution to bring on Omar just after the second goal went in. He added even more steel to the defence and didn't look like he'd just sat out three games.
Back down the A303 again next Saturday and hoping for more points and lardy cake.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 20:25   #44
God Member

Exeter 0 - 2 Accrington - Match Report & Highlights

Highlights
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 22:26   #45
Senior Member+

Oh how happy am I to take nil points in the prediction league.What a good performance today. How delighted was i when I switched on the radio about 5ish on my way home from St Annes to hear the Stanley had won 2-0. Brilliant result and well played to keep a clean sheet to a team unbeaten at home since Nov 16. Our turn now to go on the run and, who knows, possibly creep into the top 7?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..