Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2014, 16:06   #31
Super Moderator

Re: exeter game

So a dedicated Stanley fan who turns up whether in his/her shirt or not will have to pay £20, while some glory hunter in a Man U shirt will get in for £15?

Right, good luck with that one!
Old 24-11-2014, 16:20   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So a dedicated Stanley fan who turns up whether in his/her shirt or not will have to pay £20, while some glory hunter in a Man U shirt will get in for £15?

Right, good luck with that one!
My point exactly!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 16:32   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
My point exactly!
Clueless springs to mind.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 16:57   #34
Senior Member+

Absolutely bizarre :S
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 16:59   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its insulting in my view, not just stupid.
Old 24-11-2014, 17:32   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its insulting in my view, not just stupid.
Wonder whose brainchild it was ?.....
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 17:34   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Wonder whose brainchild it was ?.....
One with the I.Q. of an amoeba i reckon.
Old 24-11-2014, 17:36   #38
Senior Member+

I can see why the committed and already converted on here are annoyed by this, but it might just bring in a few Clarets/Rovers fans who might be reminded/discover that standing to watch footy in the lower leagues can be fun. Which might bring in more moolah over time than a one-off giveaway to those who (bless you!) will turn up and pay £20 anyway.

OK, there are a lot of "mights" there, but it might be worth a try
Old 24-11-2014, 17:44   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I can see why the committed and already converted on here are annoyed by this, but it might just bring in a few Clarets/Rovers fans who might be reminded/discover that standing to watch footy in the lower leagues can be fun. Which might bring in more moolah over time than a one-off giveaway to those who (bless you!) will turn up and pay £20 anyway.

OK, there are a lot of "mights" there, but it might be worth a try
Disagree completely mate, What about the crazy 7-00 kick off as well? i know a local guy that comes occasionally, who aint going cos of the discrepancy in price, Its NOT as advertised fer all fans. it should say all fans except Stanley Fans, no-way acceptable to me.
Old 24-11-2014, 17:46   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
One with the I.Q. of an amoeba i reckon.
And will all Exeter fans sporting their Shirts and Scarves qualify for a discount I wonder ?..but then if it only applies to The Clayton End I don't suppose they will !..... Strange ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 17:48   #41
Super Moderator

It MIGHT also prove to be a red rag to a bull to those 400-500 regular walk-ons who are doubtless none too happy about paying £20 per match at the moment. The prospect of forking out their regular £20 while fans from other clubs pay £5 less MIGHT just be enough for them to say "sod it, I won't bother" come Friday!
Old 24-11-2014, 17:49   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And will all Exeter fans sporting their Shirts and Scarves qualify for a discount I wonder ?..but then if it only applies to The Clayton End I don't suppose they will !..... Strange ??.
I would pish meself if all the Exeter Fans came on the clayton end, would serve the clown right who came up wi this un.
Old 24-11-2014, 18:09   #43
Resting in Peace

I'm sure there are hundreds of Man U fans in Accy who would lend their shirts to Stanley potential walk-ons in order to get the discount. Oh wait, they all wear them 24/7 don't they?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 18:15   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Disagree completely mate, What about the crazy 7-00 kick off as well? i know a local guy that comes occasionally, who aint going cos of the discrepancy in price, Its NOT as advertised fer all fans. it should say all fans except Stanley Fans, no-way acceptable to me.
The kick-off time point I give you. The away shirt thing, I'm just exploring what the club might be thinking, you should know by now my middle name is "reasonable" and I like to think the best of everybody ....

Taking the positives, at least you are disagreeing with me politely
Old 24-11-2014, 18:17   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
The kick-off time point I give you. The away shirt thing, I'm just exploring what the club might be thinking, you should know by now my middle name is "reasonable" and I like to think the best of everybody ....

Taking the positives, at least you are disagreeing with me politely
A Mastermind Champion couldn't figure out what that lot are thinking.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..