Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2014, 18:46   #46
God Member

Smile Re: exeter game

I am the idiot that came up with this idea. It was my idea to try and attract supporters of other Clubs as we used to to some tune on Fridays a few years ago.

As most of the supporters on the Clayton End are season ticket holders, or regulars that have flexis, or suchlike, there are not that many that turn up and pay the full price.

The ones that do usually do this 2 or 3 times per season and most of those are Saturdays.

This idea was just trying to attract others that rarely come, in a hope that they come again. As others have stated already, the football at the moment is great and the team are winning, the atmosphere behind the goals is brilliant that is why I chose that stand, in a hope it would entice some to come back again.

Before putting this out, I spoke with several long time supporters, who stand behind the goals regularly, all thought it was a good idea and would/could attract some floating supporters, none of them thought it a bad idea…..

It is my idea and I take full and complete responsibility for it and I apologise sincerely if it truly offends any Stanley supporter – those who know me, know I would never do that intentionally.

In the past we have had some success when appealing to Burnley/Rovers supporters and we have also offered them a cheaper gate price, this is a variation on this.

I repeat, at no time was there ever any intention to offend anybody, this was merely an attempt to increase the gate and at the same time increase revenue.

The K.O. time is nothing to do with me.

Please feel free to either P.M. me, or post on this thread if there is anything else that needs an answer and I will give you an honest reply.

MikeA, cashman, Chimer and 1 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2014, 18:52   #47

Re: exeter game

I would presume it is an attempt to get non stanley walk on fans who have complained the prices are too high and so don't go to attend.

Any committed Stanley fan who hasn't got a season ticket or a flexi ticket should be committed as they would be paying no more than £15 per game anyway and less than that if they bought a season ticket or a flexi when it was £135. I bought a flexiticket and I live 150 miles away and I might even need another as I've only 2 left.

Another thing is the rule that you can't charge away fans more than home fans so if Accy fans were included so would exeter fans. If the club reverted to £15 for every one then it might not have the desired effect. I remember Bury did something similar for an international weekend where season ticket holders of other clubs got in for less as I got it with my Rangers Season ticket. This idea is easier to administer.

I don't like friday games as I can't make them but I thought the reason for playing was to attract fans of other clubs to go. I'm sure the club would appreciate any suggestions on how to generate more money from the gate as I'm sure the financial position is as precarious as ever. I have been critical of the prices when they were announces at the start of the season but I could see why they did it. I can see why they are trying this as well as I met a couple at the ground on Saturday who came, saw the prices and went to the pub.

As a Stanley fan I may grumble about the price but I know that the club need the money. If I was going to a different club on a day out and thought the price was too high I would go to the pub too. Watching a random game is fine at the right price but not when I've no real interest in the teams playing. How many of us paid extra at that Darlington game when we needed the money, how many season ticket holders paid again? Our crowds are poor, we need the money so we need ideas to get people in. If Man U fans that wouldn't have gone give us £15 then that is a bonus. Same goes for any other fans.

I'm sure that if we can come up with better ideas that will raise money then the club will look at them but I can't think of any and many more crowds like Hartlepool may lead to real financial problems.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 18:59   #48
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Difficult one this for the club by trying to get some much needed fans in to seats or standing and get behind the Reds.Whilst its a good idearits having the negative opinion of most if not all on the forum who form a good cross section of the home support.So whats best?? may be £10 to all on the clayton end regardless if your a stanley fan or not!! isnt standing serpost to be cheaper anyway
Old 24-11-2014, 19:09   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Difficult one this for the club by trying to get some much needed fans in to seats or standing and get behind the Reds.Whilst its a good idearits having the negative opinion of most if not all on the forum who form a good cross section of the home support.So whats best?? may be £10 to all on the clayton end regardless if your a stanley fan or not!! isnt standing serpost to be cheaper anyway
Unfortunately that would fall foul of charging away fans more unless they are allowed on the clayton end too. Plus you would need to get twice the people attending just to break even.
Old 24-11-2014, 19:09   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can understand trying to attract more casuals n and even though i disagree wi this idea, at least yeh got the balls to say so n admit it Val. Shame the clown who came up wi the 7-00 K.O. aint had the guts to explain why? I will be interested to see how many Exeter fans come, last season on Sat there was around 120 i believe, I think we will be very fortunate to get half that number on Friday Night. Also some of our fans including season ticket holders who work outa town deserve n answer, but doubt very much if they will get one.
Old 24-11-2014, 19:21   #51
God Member

Cashy, I was told it was at the request of Exeter and we agreed.

I will ask and find out for sure

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 19:32   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Cashy, I was told it was at the request of Exeter and we agreed.

I will ask and find out for sure
I heard the same n think i posted it days ago somewhere mate, but no explanation has been forthcoming, n i know fer fact this forum is read. That to me shows no regards fer our own fans.
Old 24-11-2014, 19:44   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I heard the same n think i posted it days ago somewhere mate, but no explanation has been forthcoming, n i know fer fact this forum is read. That to me shows no regards fer our own fans.
There is already a complete disregard for our own fans with this horrific idea as much as the kick off time. Many friends of mine play football saturday afternoons and come stanley when it fits in, but are genuine accy fans. But they will have to pay £20 rather than somebody who turns up once and gets £15. Thats a complete joke.

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 19:48   #54
Senior Member+

Is it me or does this sentance not sound right the more you say it to yourself!

"Be a fan of anyone but Accrington Stanley on Friday and you'll get in cheaper than regulars without season tickets"

I'm sorry but who works in commercial? Or have they been drinking in the commercial all day ?

So I watch my team away nearly every game , rarely miss a home game and in all this time I've never had anything back from the club , yet , a new fan who supports Sheffield United can come on the game for £15 but I have to pay £20!

one word. CLUELESS

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 20:15   #55
Senior Member+

Fair play to admitting it was your idea Val!

Why not at least offer Stanley season ticket holders a 2nd ticket for a mate for £10/£15 that has to be bought before midday of the match with a 3pm kick off, which means people have to come to the ground earlier and are more likely to buy the ticket and go for a drink in The Crown/Clubhouse which puts more money into the club, instead of going back home until 2:30pm!

A fan is more likely to return if their mate is a Stanley season ticket holder who will be asking him every week if he fancies going again!
Old 24-11-2014, 20:21   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Is it me or does this sentance not sound right the more you say it to yourself!

"Be a fan of anyone but Accrington Stanley on Friday and you'll get in cheaper than regulars without season tickets"

I'm sorry but who works in commercial? Or have they been drinking in the commercial all day ?

So I watch my team away nearly every game , rarely miss a home game and in all this time I've never had anything back from the club , yet , a new fan who supports Sheffield United can come on the game for £15 but I have to pay £20!

one word. CLUELESS
If you go to nearly every game why wouldn't you have a season ticket or flexiticket especially when intalment plans were available. If either were bought pre season the maximum cost would be £13.50 per game with a flexiticket bought at the 2 friendlies or £15 per game under the instalment plan offered?

If I lived in Accy I would have had a season ticket, in fact I would have considered getting one anyway were it not for midweek and friday games, as they were that cheap.
Redraine likes this.
Old 24-11-2014, 20:26   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Fair play to admitting it was your idea Val!

Why not at least offer Stanley season ticket holders a 2nd ticket for a mate for £10/£15 that has to be bought before midday of the match with a 3pm kick off, which means people have to come to the ground earlier and are more likely to buy the ticket and go for a drink in The Crown/Clubhouse which puts more money into the club, instead of going back home until 2:30pm!

A fan is more likely to return if their mate is a Stanley season ticket holder who will be asking him every week if he fancies going again!
Or do what Stevenage do and each season ticket holder gets 2 "Bring a friend" vouchers which could be exchanged for tickets before the match
Old 24-11-2014, 20:26   #58
God Member

If anybody wants to borrow a Burnley shirt for Friday I have a few knocking around
mab likes this.
Old 24-11-2014, 20:39   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
If you go to nearly every game why wouldn't you have a season ticket or flexiticket especially when intalment plans were available. If either were bought pre season the maximum cost would be £13.50 per game with a flexiticket bought at the 2 friendlies or £15 per game under the instalment plan offered?

If I lived in Accy I would have had a season ticket, in fact I would have considered getting one anyway were it not for midweek and friday games, as they were that cheap.
Not really the point of the thread is it ? I don't have a season ticket as I didn't want one at the time ?! Plus I didn't know they did away season tickets ! Doesn't matter anyway as actually putting more money in the club not buying one.

Pointless post.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 20:41   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If anybody wants to borrow a Burnley shirt for Friday I have a few knocking around
Aye, Dave, but you need a scarf too according to Dan's piece on fishy!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..