Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2014, 20:50   #61

Re: exeter game

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Not really the point of the thread is it ? I don't have a season ticket as I didn't want one at the time ?! Plus I didn't know they did away season tickets ! Doesn't matter anyway as actually putting more money in the club not buying one.

Pointless post.
So you want to put more money into the club by paying less for the Exeter game even though you could have paid less with a season ticket.

And you want the club to do more for regular attenders other than very cheap prices via season tickets or flexi tickets?

And the piece de resistance is bringing away tickets into it which is neither anything to do with the club or beneficial to the club.

In the context of your post what would you like the club to do and how will it raise anymore money for the club?

And, were I able to come to the game, I could wear my Rangers shirt and scarf and save a fiver but I wouldn't. I would wear my Accy shirt and scarf, pay the £20 and grumble beacause I hadn't bought a flexiticket at the start of the season . Unfortunately it is academic as my employer says I've got to work on Friday and no work no Accy games .
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2014, 20:55   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Aye, Dave, but you need a scarf too according to Dan's piece on fishy!

No problem, I even have some Christmas socks from a few years ago if it helps
Old 25-11-2014, 11:36   #63

Isn't the main problem that people are skint (I know I am) but it costs a fortune to run a football club?

I think this offer for Friday is alright. It's a bit annoying that I will have to pay more than someone who supports another side, but nothing more (I could do with the fiver tho, but that's life).

Seriously, I think Baldy's idea is really good. It's self publicising as season ticket holders can do it by word of mouth. It is also something that could be regular and predictable ie. lasts all season. And I don't think it would put in jeopardy charging full price for the away fans. Also having different offers all the time means people never hear about them!
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 18:52   #64
Senior Member+

So if you didn't buy a flexi ticket your an idiot and you have to suffer the consequences! Why not wear your rangers shirt ? I'd wear another but don't have one....

End of the day its a terrible idea and it's quite a punch in the face for regular fans !

Why not look after the 800 or so fans the club already have ....

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 19:23   #65

Quote:
So if you didn't buy a flexi ticket your an idiot and you have to suffer the consequences! Why not wear your rangers shirt ? I'd wear another but don't have one....

End of the day its a terrible idea and it's quite a punch in the face for regular fans !

Why not look after the 800 or so fans the club already have ....
No, as you said it's your choice and if you don't want to buy one it's up to you however I would think I would be an idiot if I hadn't as I've been to 8 home games already this season at £13.50 a time. No need to suffer anything as they are still on sale and I'm looking at buying another.

I wouldn't wear my Rangers shirt as I'm there to support Stanley. I would wear my Stanley shirt and scarf as I always do and pay the extra if I had to. Were it another club I was going to see I would do otherwise and save the fiver but I would only be there to watch a game not support one of the teams. If I lived in Accy you could have borrowed a shirt and scarf from me but I don't.

I agree it isn't good for Stanley regulars without seasons/flexis but it is an attempt to get some income from people who wouldn't normally go and so far only one person has came up with an alternative method of raising extra cash so feel free to join in. It's easy to say an idea is rubbish but not so easy to come up with an alternative. I thought the idea behind Friday games was to attract fans of other clubs. From my point of view I could say Friday games were a "punch in the face" for fans like me who travel 300 mile round trips getting home after midnight and have only missed one home league game all season but I accept that the club have to try things to raise money and get on with it. If two people go who don't usually but I can't the club benefits and I lose but that's life at our level.

As has been stated previously to extend the discount to everyone would probably lose money so would you prefer the club to do nothing? Would you like us to reach the bucket rattling stage again?
MikeA and Exile on Spencer St like this.
Old 25-11-2014, 19:55   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
No, as you said it's your choice and if you don't want to buy one it's up to you however I would think I would be an idiot if I hadn't as I've been to 8 home games already this season at £13.50 a time. No need to suffer anything as they are still on sale and I'm looking at buying another.

I wouldn't wear my Rangers shirt as I'm there to support Stanley. I would wear my Stanley shirt and scarf as I always do and pay the extra if I had to. Were it another club I was going to see I would do otherwise and save the fiver but I would only be there to watch a game not support one of the teams. If I lived in Accy you could have borrowed a shirt and scarf from me but I don't.

I agree it isn't good for Stanley regulars without seasons/flexis but it is an attempt to get some income from people who wouldn't normally go and so far only one person has came up with an alternative method of raising extra cash so feel free to join in. It's easy to say an idea is rubbish but not so easy to come up with an alternative. I thought the idea behind Friday games was to attract fans of other clubs. From my point of view I could say Friday games were a "punch in the face" for fans like me who travel 300 mile round trips getting home after midnight and have only missed one home league game all season but I accept that the club have to try things to raise money and get on with it. If two people go who don't usually but I can't the club benefits and I lose but that's life at our level.

As has been stated previously to extend the discount to everyone would probably lose money so would you prefer the club to do nothing? Would you like us to reach the bucket rattling stage again?
Well the fact you live 300 miles away from your club is your own problem , I certainly wouldn't as I'd know I would have the problems your complaining about.

And yes I would like us to reach the bucket rattling stage.......... Stupid question !

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 20:06   #67

Quote:
Well the fact you live 300 miles away from your club is your own problem , I certainly wouldn't as I'd know I would have the problems your complaining about.

And yes I would like us to reach the bucket rattling stage.......... Stupid question !
That's the thing though. I'm not complaining, you are. I seem to see the problems you don't and the question was rhetorical.
Old 27-11-2014, 13:23   #68

I see they have just signed Clinton Morrison on non-contract terms.

Ex-Ireland International and last seen at Long Eaton United
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2014, 15:04   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I see they have just signed Clinton Morrison on non-contract terms.

Ex-Ireland International and last seen at Long Eaton United
Maybe his wages are the reason they can't afford to stay overnight?
smobile likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 12:33   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hope a few of exeters fans make it up, not bad folk at all, were very friendly down yon last season,but have me doubts if they will get up here, tis a long way to come on friday night fer beggar all.
Old 28-11-2014, 14:49   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hope a few of exeters fans make it up, not bad folk at all, were very friendly down yon last season,but have me doubts if they will get up here, tis a long way to come on friday night fer beggar all.
Just a little query for you my good friend .....Is this thread about to double up as The Exeter Match thread do you think ?.
I feel that one must really get away from admission prices etc, and talk a little about the goodies we can all expect in 4 Hours time or thereabouts !.
Do you have an opinion on this matter ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 15:00   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yeh were gonna stuff em.
MikeA likes this.
Old 28-11-2014, 15:02   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Just a little query for you my good friend .....Is this thread about to double up as The Exeter Match thread do you think ?.
I feel that one must really get away from admission prices etc, and talk a little about the goodies we can all expect in 4 Hours time or thereabouts !.
Do you have an opinion on this matter ?.
Bring your best swing with you
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 15:29   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Bring your best swing with you
I would but Count Basie's ' Atomic Basie ' would not be pleasing to the ear on t'Storefirst's
PA Set-up !...... It's next to impossible to define what the Stadium Announcer is trying to convey to his listeners let alone any musical offerings !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 15:44   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I would but Count Basie's ' Atomic Basie ' would not be pleasing to the ear on t'Storefirst's
PA Set-up !...... It's next to impossible to define what the Stadium Announcer is trying to convey to his listeners let alone any musical offerings !.
My Dear Yonmon I hear the announcer with superb clarity, perhaps a visit to an audiologist would be the order of the day !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..