Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2014, 16:01   #76
Senior Member+

Re: exeter game

[QUOTE=Chubbyman;1124957]My Dear Yonmon I hear the announcer with superb clarity, perhaps a visit to an audiologist would be the order of the day !!![/QUOTe

Ear ! Ear !...now if you really are asking for a barrage of Auricular puns remember you started it !.

See you later ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2014, 16:30   #77
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=yonmon;1124961]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
My Dear Yonmon I hear the announcer with superb clarity, perhaps a visit to an audiologist would be the order of the day !!![/QUOTe

Ear ! Ear !...now if you really are asking for a barrage of Auricular puns remember you started it !.

See you later ?.
Fore
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 16:55   #78
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Better get off to see the Lads c'm on you REDS
Old 28-11-2014, 17:25   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
now if you really are asking for a barrage of Auricular puns remember you started it !.
Can we expect a Stanley forward to lobe the Exeter keeper? Will the Ultras have their drum tonight?

Sorry - can't do much with the Eustachian tube . And I could get into terrible trouble with the cochlea .
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 19:13   #80
Senior Member+

Let's hope it's a game of two halves
Old 28-11-2014, 20:23   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good game between 2 evenly matched sides. done once again by crap officials, first half a definate oer the line by Exeters keeper the liner was in good position n never gave it. alsp a blantant handball by Exeter defender not given by the ref so 2 outa 3 crap officials seems par fer the coarse.
Old 28-11-2014, 20:29   #82
Resting in Peace

WE were beaten by the better team tonight, but partly because Coley's selection left us at a disadvantage. With Crooks and McGuire we were woefully weak up front. I'm sorry, Football19, but Crooks has never been, and never will be a centre forward, and as for McGuire, I can't begin to understand why Coley keeps on selecting him. He wasted at least 2 good chances tonight, constantly lost possession and doesn't have a tackle in him. 5 super goals but a very frustrating night for me thinking what might have been if Carver and McCarten had started together up front. I could have strangled Naismith for his woeful effort in the last minute when we had built up a great head of steam and had all our big men up in the box waiting for a good cross. His ambitious shot ballooning over the Coppice was a criminal waste of our last chance of an equaliser.
smudgie and keep the faith like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 20:37   #83
Senior Member+

For my two penneth, we got what we deserved, nowt! Couldn't really tell if the ball was over the line from the lob, but I will bow to those nearer the goal than I, but certainly looked over to me. Again the penalty claim I did not see clearly, so would bow to those who saw clearer than I. Exeter did a job on us tonight and brought a decent following to boot. Only 2 substitutions was strange and too late in the game. I would say 3 out of 4 referees and assistants gave us nowt, even the sub referee was consistently rubbish. If I was the manager of Yeovil town, I would be on the phone to Paul Tisdale asking how to play us a week tomorrow.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 20:51   #84
Senior Member+

I have to agree with Cashman about their keeper pulling the ball over the line. Looked clear to me that he did just that and it was endorsed by the keepers reaction too. Both teams played some excellent passing and probing football throughout the first half with the best chances falling to us but somehow we failed to find the back of the net. With their first shot on target they scored in added on time!!! Looked like the player coming in from the left side was allowed to run across our deep midfield without being tackled! Then to make it worse we went two down after a dubious refereeing decision to award Exeter a free kick. You have to acknowledge though that the free kick was taken superbly and young Jack had no chance, although we did only have three in the 'wall'. O'Sullivan scored a rocket to give us a fighting chance soon after but then they got their third, which again lacked a tackle form midfield, and it looked like 'game over'. However, McCarten got us back in it again with another super goal. He really made a difference when he came on. Before that we looked like we were playing with two or three passengers in the team!!! I was hoping that Carver would be brought on early in the second half but sadly he was not used.
In conclusion, I think a draw would have been a good result tonight and probably a fair result too. I think that Exeter have been the best exponents of the 'control...pass...move...control' game that I have seen this season and I expect them to be in the top three or four by the end of the season.
Next week in the FA Cup is a big one for us and we all need to psyche ourselves up for it.
The money from wiNning another round is important and so is the possibilty/hope of being drawn away against a big club....Man Utd away will do us just fine!
KEEP THE FAITH
BELIEVE
ON STANLEY ON
ps. I decribed the Exeter 2nd and 3rd goals t'wrong way round!!

Last edited by choirboy; 28-11-2014 at 20:55.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 21:00   #85

Is Naismith the type of player to come on, roll his sleeves up and get us a result at that point of the proceedings? DEFINITELY NOT. It was a no brainer if anyone was going to get stuck in and salvage a point tonight it was Carver. What was Coley thinking? I'm not one of the anti Coleman brigade on this forum who never miss the opportunity to have a go, but I think he left himself wide open tonight.
cashman, yonmon and Chubbyman like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 21:06   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Carver fer me is our only promising goalscorer, he chases everything n gives 100%, Why he was not used at all tonight defies belief to me. The sooner Mcguire goes back to West Ham the better fer me. Crooks aint shown much yet, but did flick a few balls through which McGuire never chased at all, complete waste imho, Carver chases everything, it aint rocket science.
Old 28-11-2014, 21:18   #87
Senior Member+

Cool Re: exeter game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Carver fer me is our only promising goalscorer, he chases everything n gives 100%, Why he was not used at all tonight defies belief to me. The sooner Mcguire goes back to West Ham the better fer me. Crooks aint shown much yet, but did flick a few balls through which McGuire never chased at all, complete waste imho, Carver chases everything, it aint rocket science.
Passengers???
I agree, Carver should have come on too.
A double substitution was called for with Carver and McCarten replacing Crooks and McGuire after 55 or 60 minutes in my view!

Last edited by choirboy; 28-11-2014 at 21:21.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 21:37   #88
God Member

[QUOTE=Redraine;1124991[I]]...as for McGuire, I can't begin to understand why Coley keeps on selecting him. ....[/[/I]QUOTE]

Is it another case where we pay his wages if he doesn't play?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 22:11   #89
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1125004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine;1124991[I
]...as for McGuire, I can't begin to understand why Coley keeps on selecting him. ....[/[/I]QUOTE]

Is it another case where we pay his wages if he doesn't play?
Not quite, according to someone " in the know" who I spoke to tonight at the game. More a question of Coley being inclined to McGuire due to their connection at Sligo. Make of that what you will!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 22:39   #90

Felt the game was fairly even, Exeter played the more attractive football but both sides had the same amount of goal scoring chance situations.
5 super goals.
for us O'sullivan was exciting again with his ability to take an opponent on and he scored a good goal.
Not made me mind up on Crooks so nice touches and flick ons but feel he could of made more of his first half chance instead of the flick he tried. Is he doing any more than Carver or Gray have shown this season? not at the moment in IMHO
As has been already been said McCarten made a impact coming on not least with his goal.
Exeter's free kick award for there 3rd goal looked dubious.
My favourite chant of the night was at the injured referree when we shouted 'your not fit to referree.'
It frustrating at the end knowing a win could have put us within a point of the play off places.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..