Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2014, 23:26   #91
Full Member+

Re: exeter game

The 'keepers feet were well over the line, the ball no where near but I suppose feet over the line means goal to new fans?

Not the worst defeat, a couple of excellent goals to polish us off.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2014, 23:38   #92
Full Member+

That "goal" we shouted for didn't cross the line. Maybe the ball went three inches over the line but that was it! As for the Crooks He reminds me of Andy Kennedy who played for t'Rovers, "a big threatening centre forward" who isn't really that threatening!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 08:25   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
The 'keepers feet were well over the line, the ball no where near but I suppose feet over the line means goal to new fans?
Another wi a great IQ, first watched football in 1954, if that makes me a new fan yeh must be 120.
Old 29-11-2014, 08:54   #94
Resting in Peace

A quite biased report, especially of the first half, from an Exeter fan. I suppose he couldn't see all our missed chances from the Coppice end! He also wouldn't be able to see the non-foul free kick from which Grimes scored in the second half, either.
Accrington Stanley V Exeter City Matchday Thread. - Page 35
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 09:05   #95
God Member

If you look at the stats for the game we had 11 shots 2 on target they were the goals great game for a neutral but such a shame we don,t hit first time shots around the box I,m sure we would have more joy. The positives for me are we played one of the best teams in the league off the park in patches a bit more luck we could and should have won at least we are,nt rolling over and giving up like previous Stanley sides. Roll on next Saturday beat Yeovil and be in the money splnning round.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 09:20   #96
Resting in Peace

In Coley's interview he says he is very disappointed that we didn't press the ball enough. The worst culprit in that regard was McGuire whose version of pressing the ball consists of running gently towards the defender in possession without getting close enough to put a foot in. So will he be deservedly dropped? He reminds me of another of our former "Macs" who used to drive me nuts doing the same!
Old 29-11-2014, 10:21   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Can we expect a Stanley forward to lobe the Exeter keeper? Will the Ultras have their drum tonight?

Sorry - can't do much with the Eustachian tube . And I could get into terrible trouble with the cochlea .
There !..didn't I give a fair warning !......but as for last night's thoroughly entertaining game, like others I felt that Exeter City were by far the best passing team we have seen at The Crown ( or whatever it's called !) this season , and were organised in a way which must have pleased Paul Teasdale.
Having said we were not disappointed at all, the one exception being the result !. With luck and a bit more enthusiasm shown when shooting opportunities were missed, three points might have been secured.
Is it just me who thinks that the young Maguire flatters to deceive ?...and that his strike partner young Mr Crooks is not really a striker at all ?....or am I expecting more from them than they are able to give ?.
All in all, once my indigestion from a forced early evening meal had subsided a little, I enjoyed my night at the Crown...as must any visitors from other local clubs ( irrespective of whatever colour of shirt, scarf, tie, bobble hat , underwear, or lingerie they were sporting !).
Redraine, cashman and Revived Red like this.

Last edited by yonmon; 29-11-2014 at 10:28.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 11:14   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
There !..didn't I give a fair warning !......but as for last night's thoroughly entertaining game, like others I felt that Exeter City were by far the best passing team we have seen at The Crown ( or whatever it's called !) this season , and were organised in a way which must have pleased Paul Teasdale.
Having said we were not disappointed at all, the one exception being the result !. With luck and a bit more enthusiasm shown when shooting opportunities were missed, three points might have been secured.
Is it just me who thinks that the young Maguire flatters to deceive ?...and that his strike partner young Mr Crooks is not really a striker at all ?....or am I expecting more from them than they are able to give ?.
All in all, once my indigestion from a forced early evening meal had subsided a little, I enjoyed my night at the Crown...as must any visitors from other local clubs ( irrespective of whatever colour of shirt, scarf, tie, bobble hat , underwear, or lingerie they were sporting !).
you forgot the ear-muffs !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 11:18   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Put it this way, I fer one am glad McGuires cup tied.
Redraine, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Old 29-11-2014, 11:36   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
you forgot the ear-muffs !!!
No I didn't, just thought that the M**F word might be little too evocative for the more sensitive Ladies and and Gentlemen who might be following this thread !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 11:51   #101
Senior Member+

Missed the game last night,sounded like a boring game anyway !!.
Had heard they liked to pass and move before the game and from reports on here,they did it well.
Sounds like the new CF struggled a bit, but you can't turn a 10 into a 9 overnight.
How did the keeper play?,very surprised he got beat from distance,although his catching/kicking is very good,he's not had to dive around a lot and make save after save
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 12:10   #102
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Another wi a great IQ, first watched football in 1954, if that makes me a new fan yeh must be 120.
Amazing that you haven't got a grasp of the laws then yet isn't it?

As the majority of the Clayton End shouted for a goal, and 30 years ago you might have had 8 or 10 people stand there (as most would be enjoying the new roof on the main stand), mainly kids, they are pretty new to me.
Old 29-11-2014, 12:38   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Amazing that you haven't got a grasp of the laws then yet isn't it?

As the majority of the Clayton End shouted for a goal, and 30 years ago you might have had 8 or 10 people stand there (as most would be enjoying the new roof on the main stand), mainly kids, they are pretty new to me.
We dont stand wi the majority of the Clayton End, we stand pretty far left of the goals towards the cowshed, so had a damn good view, everyone around us saw it cross the line, so amazing yeh aint been to specsavers recently? Also talking to some on cowshed at half time who said exactly the same.
Old 29-11-2014, 13:26   #104
Full Member+

Agree to disagree there. I saw his feet over the line by a good foot but his arms remained outstretched in front of him.

Prime position of Lino abuse I take it
Old 29-11-2014, 14:05   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No I didn't, just thought that the M**F word might be little too evocative for the more sensitive Ladies and and Gentlemen who might be following this thread !.
Ooh you are awful! Anyway, don't you know that a Big Muff is nothing more than a foot pedal used for special sound effects by lead guitarists?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..