Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2015, 20:55   #16

Re: Exeter match,

What about mcconvilles skill to set up mr kee for our fourth goal today redraine ? Great run an great pass, bruna started against Hull an flattered to deceive an lasted 50 minutes I think, great goal against bury mind, top performance from the lads today , up to the dizzy heights of 6th long may it continue
yonmon and choirboy like this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2015, 21:01   #17

Well pleased with that today and also looking forward to a nice little pay day come Monday.

Place I work at has dozens of City fans and I've got at least £30 layed out in bets. For once in a long time, I'm really looking forward to going to work on Monday.

Not bad for relegation favourites.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 21:06   #18
God Member

Completely agree, got to admit I wasn't too keen on Mr. Coneely at first but that was when he was played in defence, in that midfield role he is brilliant & unless he was injured could not understand subbing him in favour of Anthony Barry today - Seamus has the cool, non- flappable brain needed & is second to none in reading the game from that position
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 21:08   #19
Senior Member+

pps. I bought another matchbadge and raffle ticket and half time draw ticket from the Supporters Clubs staff on the car parks who are doing a wonderful PROMO job in raising funds for the new changing rooms. Testament to the PASSION behind STANLEY.
Well done to Stanley Nick and the team!

Yes, Sean Mc's run for Billy's goal was a superb reminder of what he can do and was a throwback to the Sean Mc in his first spell with us. More please Sean!!
MikeA likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 19-09-2015 at 21:13.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 21:25   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
A little harsh, I thought Sean put a real shift in today & as we haven't seen much of senor Bruna how is it possible to compare the two??
Because some people love a Scapegoat!

No matter if that player has played well or not they will only mention the bad points, Joycey was that player before Sean re-signed!
Old 19-09-2015, 21:30   #21
God Member

I'm buzzing down here. Great stuff O mighty STANLEY.
yonmon likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 21:40   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Because some people love a Scapegoat!

No matter if that player has played well or not they will only mention the bad points, Joycey was that player before Sean re-signed!
Understandably, Sean is taking a bit of time readjusting to life in Division Two, but he clearly has the abilty to impress himself at this level as he showed today in making the goal for Billy. He just needs to do it more consistently. I am sure that under the guidance of Coley and Uncle Jimmy, (that's for Redraine!), that he will get there and be a force to be reckoned with!

I like Luke Joyce as a player but for me he was allowed to play in too deep a position which exposed our defence last season far too much. This season Carlisle have scored 17 goals but have also conceded 17 goals so far with Luke in their team. This season we have only conceded six goals, two today in a 4 - 2 victory! I prefer our current midfield set up. Fairly simple to see as far as I am concerned!
UP TH'OWD REDS!
ps What's a 'Scapegoat'? I can't find any of these down on our local farm! blaagghh!!
Old 19-09-2015, 22:34   #23
Senior Member+

Just watched Coley's interview on the 'Fishy' site. Although somehat reluctant, he seemed to be in acceptance that his double substition may have been an error....???
I like his last comment about the gate today...... "The crowd did play a big part today and they got behind us. You can't knock the people who come, it's the people who don't come you can knock!"

None the less..... 1,403 was a good turn out today.

I was reading the Accrington Observer this morning and a team called Rovers and another team called Burnley shared 60+% of the coverage of the football section in an 'ACCRINGTON' paper......Huh!
Old 19-09-2015, 23:14   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Because some people love a Scapegoat! No matter if that player has played well or not they will only mention the bad points, Joycey was that player before Sean re-signed!
Scapegoat? What are you on about?. No question of looking for a scapegoat when we have won, Baldy! And where did I mention any bad points in Sean's performance, eh? Methinks you are a bit paranoid.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 08:32   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Scapegoat? What are you on about?. No question of looking for a scapegoat when we have won, Baldy! And where did I mention any bad points in Sean's performance, eh? Methinks you are a bit paranoid.
Where did I say you had mentioned any bad points in Sean's performance?...Paranoid?

You did hint that you think Sean is only in the team because of Jimmy which I don't believe is true!!

The thing with Sean is he sometimes pulls out of tackles that he could possibly and is abit of a "Fancy Player" but most teams have these kind of players, Gary and Rory were never ones for going into a tackle full blooded!

I've no doubt when Sean gets a goal or two he will go on a run and be a big player for us!
Old 20-09-2015, 08:35   #26
Senior Member+

The goals:
Accrington 4-2 Exeter | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 08:43   #27
Senior Member+

One player who deserves a mention is the keeper.
Hes getting better every game and his decision making has improved 100%.
The defenders are getting the credit for our defensive performances,but his contribution shouldn't be under estimated,big future ahead of him IMHO.
I feel sorry for the other keeper,as hes a great prospect as well,but he will struggle to move him.
MikeA, Redraine, cashman and 1 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 09:52   #28
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=choirboy;1150433]Understandably, Sean is taking a bit of time readjusting to life in Division Two, but he clearly has the abilty to impress himself at this level as he showed today in making the goal for Billy.

Blimey, Bob, you make it sound like he skinned three defenders on the by-line before laying it on a plate for Billy, when maybe " advanced 10 yards unopposed before a retreating defence before picking out Kee's intelligent run off the ball" would have covered it, however I do give him credit for his part in the move.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 09:57   #29

Not too much to add from me so I'll be brief. They were a good side and were probably on top when we scored. Three well worked goals and a gift. Don't underestimate contribution Kee made - held it up and used it well and we looked a better side for this happening. Glad he got goal his performance deserved.

Substitutions affected our control of game. Thought Barry struggled to get involved and can't remember his having mare than 5 touches so last 20 mins disappointing as should have seen game out better than that. Defence solid again and we have luxury of 2 good keepers
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 12:26   #30
God Member

Firstly I,d like to say what an entertaining game and advert for league 2 football, make no mistake they were a good side playing with confidence as are we the difference being today we were clinical in front of goal and but for 2 great saves by their keeper could have been 4-0 at half time. All the team played well for me Kee and Conneely just shading above the rest, as for the subs at 4-0 up we have to give Proccy some game time don,t forget he is coming back from a bad break and was short of the pace but we will need him at some stage this season so has to have game time the other sub well I think it would have been better to put another attacker on McCartan or Bruna but that, s my opinion, but overall a brilliant team performance keep it up into 16 or so games in and we could go all the way.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..