Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2015, 12:36   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter match,

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Firstly I,d like to say what an entertaining game and advert for league 2 football, make no mistake they were a good side playing with confidence as are we the difference being today we were clinical in front of goal and but for 2 great saves by their keeper could have been 4-0 at half time. All the team played well for me Kee and Conneely just shading above the rest, as for the subs at 4-0 up we have to give Proccy some game time don,t forget he is coming back from a bad break and was short of the pace but we will need him at some stage this season so has to have game time the other sub well I think it would have been better to put another attacker on McCartan or Bruna but that, s my opinion, but overall a brilliant team performance keep it up into 16 or so games in and we could go all the way.
Words I began to think I might never see this season
Old 20-09-2015, 12:45   #32
God Member

an excellent three quarters of a game but spoiled for me the by the 2 goals they scored. instead of sitting back we should have gone for the jugular. the problem is in the modern game all clubs tend to shut up shop if they score 3 or more without reply. will never understand this thinking as goal difference could be crucial come next may. if opponents are on the ropes as Exeter were give em nowt.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 13:17   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst i said Exeter were a good side, I aint seen owt better than us so far this season, so fer me anythings possible. Theres quite a few teams on the same level for me.
Old 20-09-2015, 14:13   #34
I am Banned

Apparently 200 Exeter fans came up, did they stay in pub Cus there definitely wasn't 200 there
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 14:20   #35
Senior Member+

Sympathy from the BBC for the travelling fans:
BBC Sport - Football League: Five things you may have missed
And a YouTube version of the highlights that you can watch in HD:
Accrington Stanley v Exeter City: Match highlights | Exeter Express and Echo
Kiwi John likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 15:06   #36
Senior Member+

Just hope we don't do what we normally do and stall on offering players contract extensions like previous seasons!

No doubt clubs will be sniffing round the likes of Windass, Crooks and Davies come January, Will John and Jimmy be looking for replacements now and taking the money in January or try and keep them until the summer and get next to nothing at tribunal?
Old 20-09-2015, 16:00   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Just hope we don't do what we normally do and stall on offering players contract extensions like previous seasons!

No doubt clubs will be sniffing round the likes of Windass, Crooks and Davies come January, Will John and Jimmy be looking for replacements now and taking the money in January or try and keep them until the summer and get next to nothing at tribunal?
Lets hope the new sponsors prevent that happening n new contracts are offered PDQ.
Old 20-09-2015, 16:33   #38
Senior Member+

"He skinned three defenders on the by-line before laying it on a plate for Billy" is not what I said or thought....Perhaps that is how you saw it Mike?! All I suggested was that he has a lot of potential and that his part in setting up the goal for Billy was clear evidence of it. I also said that Billy took the goal really well as there was not much to aim at.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 18:01   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
" lot of potential and that his part in setting up the goal for Billy was clear evidence of i
Not really, but I'm not going to labour the point. I do agree about Billy, who gave a real centre forward's performance. I've heard a few suggest that he's not fully fit yet so what a player we have when he gets fit!
choirboy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 18:52   #40
Senior Member+

Here's a footy chant for you Mike.....

We all dream of a team of Ma-Con-vils...
.....................a team of Ma-Con-vils...
.....................a team of Ma-Con-vils...

to the tune of the old John Miles song!
Old 20-09-2015, 20:56   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Not really, but I'm not going to labour the point. I do agree about Billy, who gave a real centre forward's performance. I've heard a few suggest that he's not fully fit yet so what a player we have when he gets fit!
For me Kee is our best striker by a country mile, long may he reign.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-09-2015, 08:51   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
For me Kee is our best striker by a country mile, long may he reign.
remember a couple of years ago when billy was at burton he was hot property and a number of championship clubs were sniffing around. had an unlucky time after and may be recovering his form and could be the best signing for years. how we will do in the end is how we perform against the ale house sides like Cambridge and Carlisle. we have beeten one in Mansfield and these games always have been our stumbling block. we seem to have a bit more bite and size this season without skinny lightweights and after 8 games I am positive. being a glass half empty person this is confidence. pity the fixtures coming up are more attractive to keep our gates going up. Yeovil on a Tuesday night sorry, its the equivelant of a night out with keith lemon.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 12:28   #43
Senior Member+

"Ale house sides"??

Not met that one before, but we do play on the pitch behind the pub .....
Old 21-09-2015, 12:31   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
"Ale house sides"??

Not met that one before,
Thats cos yer down south. they never did talk proper.
choirboy likes this.
Old 21-09-2015, 17:38   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats cos yer down south. they never did talk proper.
........Like wot we do tha' nuz!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..