Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 18:30   #31
bdc

Re: Exeter Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
One positive from last night was that the defenders looked big in stature and coped well with anything Exeter had to offer. Leam came for a point up and it nearly worked. Problem is, once we conceded it was obvious that was it. No plan B.

Scoring goals is the problem - since taking over our record is awful. Since he was made manager 18 league games ago.

Failed to score 8 times
Scored once 8 times
Scored 2+ goals twice (one we lost)
Scored one goal since New years day

I am so close to tipping over into the "sack Leam" camp, but so far am holding off, but either our form, luck or manager needs to change soon.
That's our main problem, scoring goals is what we need to win games. Simple I know but its true. To be fair to Leam, he has identified problems with the defence and has fixed them. However, we haven't addressed our problem of scoring goals, it seems like Beattie is guaranteed a game no matter what. This needs changing so we either play 2 up top or play win 3 up top or another tactic. Just something that is different to what we are currently doing. If we need goals and we don't have the right players why not go out and get someone in on loan who will score goals or even a winger that will create chances. A lack of goals is what is costing us dearly.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2013, 19:16   #32

Re: Exeter Match Thread

I think it's important to remember that we are not just suddenly turning on the team in a fickle display. True Stanley fans don't expect much in a league in which practically every opposition club dwarfs our budget, attendance etc.

However this isn't a five or six game losing streak. We understand the aforementioned problems our club faces and as such tolerate these more than other fans.

This is ONE win since the 20th November. That's ONE win in nearly three months.

Factor in that the manager has absolutely no attacking intent and it isn't rocket science where we are heading.

Also I don't buy this "they aren't Leams players" nonsense. Did he have no dialogue with Cook as his assistant then? Of the team last night Leam signed the following:

Rachubka ("gentleman's agreements" don't keep you in the league. Should have gone for Belford)

Hunt
Hughes
Wilson
Beattie

Aldred was on the bench.

Factor in that under Leam we have absolutely no attacking intent and Im afraid we are Braintree bound and looking forward to FA Cup qualifiers next season barring a miracle.

I hope I am wrong and have to eat humble pie come the end of the season (is there horse meat in that too?). But at this moment in time Im with smobile.....I feel like a deckchair attendant on the Titanic.
smobile likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..