Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2016, 15:20   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Exeter match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Cashy, Redraine seems to think it does!...
He actually asked whats happened to the wonderful ones ultimatum, in the post yeh quoted, His opinion was "passenger", which most of the time i concur with. funny how you have never mentioned his consistency.?
Old 24-01-2016, 20:45   #32
Senior Member+

I never said he was perfect but certainly a better player than some people make out on here!!
Old 25-01-2016, 08:48   #33
God Member

not seans no. 1 fan but it seems he does get signalled out when we loose. another thing that I get annoyed about is other managers give us a good mention after they beet us. would prefer them to say we,ve beaten sides than Accrington after we take 3 points off them. we scored first and looking at their goals they could have been prevented. time for new blood at the back and give etheridge a chance in goal. too many long range shots going in.
Chrisr likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 14:21   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have always preferred Etheridge of the two also think its time to give him a couple of games.
yerself and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-01-2016, 16:35   #35
God Member

I haven't seen Etheridge in action so can't comment on his abilities but Mr. Mooney just needs to assert himself more forcefully.
Mrs.Exile (to whom I usually defer on such matters) wonders whether, like many big lads, he's been brought up not to use to his size and strength to intimidate others.
But I've rarely seen a keeper penalised for knocking an opponent for six when reaching for a ball in the air. His physical presence alone makes him a good prospect but he has to make the most of it.
His tendency to take short goal kicks, which sometimes leads to moments of panic, is, I presume, down to a decision from the management as, often, both full backs hang around the bye line in expectation of receiving the ball.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 13:32   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have always preferred Etheridge of the two also think its time to give him a couple of games.
Headline: 'Coley takes Cashy's advice and plays Etheridge against Gasheads'!
AccyMad likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 16:57   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Headline: 'Coley takes Cashy's advice and plays Etheridge against Gasheads'!
A very assured performance today too!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 19:19   #38
God Member

Ross had a very good game today, took his chance well - was a bit of a shock to hear of the change before kick off in such a vital game but it paid off, wasn't sure before how anyone could say they preferred him to Mooney as we'd seen very little of him so surely was hard to compare but after such an assured performance Coley will have a headache in choosing for the next game
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 19:43   #39

First clean sheet at home since august 18th, first in all games since Halloween.

Etheridge can't be dropped. Sorry mooney.
baldy likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 19:56   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ross had a very good game today, took his chance well - was a bit of a shock to hear of the change before kick off in such a vital game but it paid off, wasn't sure before how anyone could say they preferred him to Mooney as we'd seen very little of him so surely was hard to compare but after such an assured performance Coley will have a headache in choosing for the next game
Quite easy to say i saw him pre season and was well impressed, sorry if that dont concur with your line of thought.
Old 30-01-2016, 20:19   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quite easy to say i saw him pre season and was well impressed, sorry if that dont concur with your line of thought.
For God's sake stop being so flippin cantankerous - was only saying we hadn't seen as much of Etheridge as we have of Mooney which as you often say, is a fact & as such it was difficult to compare the two - maybe after today their appearances will balance out & will make it easier to see each lad's strengths
Old 30-01-2016, 20:27   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

if yeh think thats cantankerous yeh still got much to learn i saw both pre season and me own opinion was etheridge was the better, and have been saying that all season, in fact at half time today, a guy in the smoking lounge said to us, if he had been playing from day 1 we would be in an automatic place now, not certain if thats correct, but reckon i seen quite a few that should have been saved by mooney.
Old 31-01-2016, 00:11   #43
God Member

Of course I've got much to learn -will always bow to anyone older Cashy as long as they're talking sense - fact is Jason has played more than Ross for whatever reason & as such it's difficult to separate their abilities
Old 31-01-2016, 08:42   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Of course I've got much to learn -will always bow to anyone older Cashy as long as they're talking sense - fact is Jason has played more than Ross for whatever reason & as such it's difficult to separate their abilities
Well after watching him all season i aint been over impressed and hes had a good run, its obvious to me, the manager has reached a similar conclusion that to give Ethridge a run is needed. thats sod all to do wi anyones age, its simply eyes.
Old 31-01-2016, 13:25   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashman
i saw him pre season and was well impressed]
Like Cashman I was more impressed with Etheridge in the pre-season matches, he always seemed the more assured and confident of the two, whilst Mooney seemed to lack a bit of confidence and looked more likely to make a mistake.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..