Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 14:23   #1
God Member

Exeter No points deducted at all now.

Following on from the conference leagues backpeddling regarding the 10/12 points deduction they wanted to give Exeter. They have now decided there will be no points deduction for the ineligable player saga.

A lesson for all clubs here I suspect. If the conference league are going to punish you for something then just threaten to take them to court and they back down all the way.. In fact they seem to be falling over themselves in a hurry to back down.

I say good luck to Exeter fans who have had to put up with a lot of stick from the rest of the conference for something thats out of there control. Exeter fans have done nothing wrong and shouldn't have to suffer abuse..

What a mess the Conference have made of the whole situation. they don't come out of this very well in my opinion...
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2004, 15:11   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter No points deducted at all now.

yeah good luck to the fans.

not to the club itself
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 15:24   #3
Senior Member+

What a shock the conference giving in to pressure!!!!!!!!! so Telford have no worries, if the conference puts any pressure on them threaten to sue.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 15:27   #4
God Member

Telford will probably end up with a lottery grant to help them through....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 15:36   #5
Super Moderator

But the conference didn't back down - they passed it on to the FA to make a decision, due to a conflict of interest. So surely, it's the FA who've wimped out.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 15:47   #6
God Member

Quote:
But the conference didn't back down - they passed it on to the FA to make a decision
Kinda like.. ooer your scaring us.. heres my big brother deal with him.. Sorry mate.. still looks like they backed down to me.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 16:06   #7
Super Moderator

Well according to the conference (and I don't know how true this is) some of the people on their governing body are from clubs who are in the play-off zone, so surely any points deduction from them would have smacked of foul play?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 16:11   #8
Senior Member+

Wow nepotism in Football now thats new

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 18:26   #9
Senior Member+

At worst it's shoddy,and at best it's nepotism!
It stinks!Wonder what would have been the outcome if it had been us[Not like we would be so lax!**
Old 06-04-2004, 23:02   #10
Senior Member+

Sorry rules should be rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!! or why bother thinking and putting them in place .....
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:18   #11

I thought that Mark Palios and his chums at the FA were coming down hard on offenders and making examples of them eg. Rio Ferdinand. Pathetic. That also goes for the Conference and Exeter. The FA and the Conference for lacking spines and Exeter for bitching and moaning when they blatantly broke a rule.

Hey, why don't we follow their example and threaten to take the Conference to court because those nasty, nasty men in black sent off our players causing us suspensions. If the Conference cant enforce their own rules in this case then who are they to stop clubs joining because their ground doesn't fit Conference criteria (hypothetically)?! Far-fetched of course, I know, my point is that rules are rules and to be seen to enforce some and not others makes a mockery out of the whole system.

Football anarchy is on its way - rest assured, you heard it here first...
Old 07-04-2004, 10:20   #12

Talking Re: Exeter No points deducted at all now.

am i right in thinking burton had a point deducted for fielding an illegible player?

if so i expect the are well chuffed with this "decision".

lets hope exeter dont finish second because no doubt if they do they will be going to court to claim the play offs are unfair and they should go up automatically.
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 11:07   #13
God Member

Correct Glosterred, Burton have already been deducted points for the same offence as Exeter & while they're not my favourite people they must be feeling let down by the conference - never mind Cloughie, just threaten the conference with court action & they'll not doubt give you the points back or is it one rule for one & another for everyone else!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 14:50   #14

thought so...its so good to see the conference and/or the fa being so consistant....also note that hornchurch in the ryman have a point deducted...presumably thay dont have a decent lawyer either.
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..