Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2004, 11:40   #1
God Member

Exeter NOT losing points

This effects us as exeter losing the points puts us in the top 8 required for LDV next season... The between the lines bit is that the conference dont dock the 10-12 points if exeter dont take them to court blah blah The upside being that accy and other clubs dont have to chip in the 20k to fight the court case

Quote:
Exeter City FC Press Release
The Football Conference and Exeter City Football Club have agreed that it is in the interests of all football that the requirements of the football authorities in respect of payment by member clubs of their football creditors should be strongly and successfully defended from challenge. The Conference therefore agrees that the application made by the Inland Revenue to revoke the voluntary arrangement approved by Exeter's creditors on 16 October 2003, should be resisted as necessary to defend those requirements. Based on this mutual understanding, the Conference and Exeter have reached a compromise which will enable Exeter to concentrate on defending the Revenue's application.

At the same time, in recognition that Conference member clubs have always wished for sporting sanctions to be introduced to the Conference in line with the rest of football, and given that the rest of football has agreed to delay implementation of such sporting sanctions until season 2004/05, the Conference has agreed not to implement its decision to deduct playing points from Exeter in connection with Exeter's voluntary arrangement.
Old 20-03-2004, 18:32   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter NOT losing points

Are they still due to lose some points for playing an unregistered player?? :rolleyes8
Old 20-03-2004, 20:58   #3
Senior Member+

Proves a point stand up to them and threaten them with losing money, maybe NV could make a point that they don't deserve to be relagated, threaten to take em to court, you never know!!!!!!

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2004, 14:47   #4
God Member

Official press release re: exeter points now on Accrington Stanley front page..

Too many people having a go at Exeter fans around the internet for my liking.. Its not exactly there fault is it...
Old 22-03-2004, 17:16   #5
Senior Member+

If a smaller club had tried this they would have ran out of cash faster and so had to give up and have the points docked.

it's the building firms who build the stadia then only get 10p in the pound when the creditors step in that I feel sorry for!!!!!

loweiy
loweiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2004, 17:23   #6
God Member

I agree with the points deduction system.. I dont agree with giving Exeter fans a hard time... Hardly there fault..
Old 22-03-2004, 17:26   #7

Agree completely, Kipax.
Old 22-03-2004, 18:22   #8
Senior Member+

i do agree. but if the fans insist on defending against the points and people feel they shud be deducted theyre bound to get stick.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2004, 08:45   #9

Think how i feel down here? I've got mouthy exeter fans who think it's a great laugh to take the micheal because they are above us, and now i haven't got the come back of them losing points!!!!!!!!!! :banghead8 :banghead8
savo is back. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2004, 13:28   #10
Senior Member+

They still played an ineligable player so Savo you may have the last laugh, them in 8th place, lose points , drop to 10th, no LDV. GOOD EH!!!

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2004, 13:47   #11

Ha Ha! Hope they do then it'll keep them quiet when the stanley shirt makes an appearance!!!!!
savo is back. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..