Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2020, 19:50   #16
God Member

Re: F.A. Cup - Rd 1

Cheers Mike, I had found that out afterwards

MikeA likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2020, 09:21   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nothing against women but she was absolutely USELESS.
just another BBC box ticker i,m afraid.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:22   #18
God Member

Nine of the 1st, round ties involve non elite sides these could well be under threat as it looks like anything under elite level will be stopped during the lockdown not an easy one to sort out.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:29   #19
God Member

Question Re: F.A. Cup - Rd 1

That is the most stupid thing ever!!! They were the only teams allowed any sort of a crowd, yet they might not play?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:56   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
That is the most stupid thing ever!!! They were the only teams allowed any sort of a crowd, yet they might not play?????

No crowds at any level in FA. Cup from round 1 but as it stands this morning elite football confirm they have been given go ahead to play no announcement yet on non elite but they are expecting the worst suspension again.
Old 01-11-2020, 16:42   #21
Senior Member+

It's just possible that in this context "elite" is the opposite of "grass roots", i.e. entirely amateur matches on park pitches, and even if not, surely (!) an exception could be made for clubs still in the FA Cup.

One would hope ....
Old 01-11-2020, 17:11   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dont hold yer breath mate.
Chimer likes this.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:29   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
It's just possible that in this context "elite" is the opposite of "grass roots", i.e. entirely amateur matches on park pitches, and even if not, surely (!) an exception could be made for clubs still in the FA Cup.

One would hope ....
think elite is classed as national leagues north and south upwards. the word grass roots seems to have moved up from park pitches that we class as grass roots to something like north west counties level. that seems what county FA,s and the national FA seem to think anyway.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:50   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think elite is classed as national leagues north and south upwards. the word grass roots seems to have moved up from park pitches that we class as grass roots to something like north west counties level. that seems what county FA,s and the national FA seem to think anyway.
You're right. This is how the BBC explained the position in relation to the 4th Qualifying Round: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54584018

And this is from the BBC a couple of days ago:

Nine of the 40 FA Cup first round ties due to be played over 6-9 November involve teams from "non-elite" leagues.
The Football Association says it is "awaiting further information before we can confirm how this may affect non-elite football across England".
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:15   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
You're right. This is how the BBC explained the position in relation to the 4th Qualifying Round: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54584018

And this is from the BBC a couple of days ago:

Nine of the 40 FA Cup first round ties due to be played over 6-9 November involve teams from "non-elite" leagues.
The Football Association says it is "awaiting further information before we can confirm how this may affect non-elite football across England".
If the "non elite" sides are allowed to continue in the cup but not their relative leagues it will surely make a mockery of Covid guidelines, not sure of a fair way to continue as there never is apart from suspending or cancellation of the cup this season. This is a real conundrum for the fa to sort.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:18   #26
God Member

They also have the problem of the FA vase to sort out to what a mess this damn Covid is causing to all walks of life.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:45   #27
Senior Member+

My thinking was that when BoJo used the word "elite" in a throwaway answer in his press conference, he probably didn't have the slightest idea that the FA had defined "elite" in a very specific way in a different context. My betting is still that the first round will go ahead as drawn .......... I hope!
Old 02-11-2020, 13:30   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
My thinking was that when BoJo used the word "elite" in a throwaway answer in his press conference, he probably didn't have the slightest idea that the FA had defined "elite" in a very specific way in a different context. My betting is still that the first round will go ahead as drawn .......... I hope!
I think he was referring to grouse shooting.
Chimer likes this.
Old 02-11-2020, 13:36   #29
God Member

The FA have announced that the 1st round can go ahead after seeking approval from the government the ten non elite clubs will be allowed to play under the elite protocol, make of that what you will, don't get me wrong glad for the clubs involved but I can't help but wonder that our lives are being more and more controlled by idiots.
Old 02-11-2020, 13:52   #30
Senior Member+

No need to worry.......
Boris is ‘tackling’ the football problem in his usual style!

choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..