Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2015, 18:17   #1
God Member

Smile F.A.Cup Rnd 2 -V- .........

Away to Pompey

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2015, 18:19   #2
God Member

Re: F.A.Cup Rnd 2 -V- .........

Winnable but could have been kinder.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 18:20   #3
God Member

Bummer, but OK for Chimer, Long Lost and me.
At least the team know what they'll be up against and should get 40% (?) of a decent gate.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 18:20   #4
God Member

Nice one!! Looking forward to it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 18:20   #5

Awful draw. Except for Chimer.
Old 09-11-2015, 18:28   #6

Half the gate receipts of a decent crowd
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 19:10   #7
Senior Member+

As some of you have been kind enough to say, good for me in one way . But Eastleigh would have been better, even though I would have had to drive all of 15 miles for that one .

But I'm confident we can do them anyway
Old 09-11-2015, 19:18   #8
Senior Member+

Not the best draw but I think Pompey will be more concerned than us, we're playing well and afraid of no one.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 20:52   #9
God Member

The last game against them was like a Cup tie, with some exciting end to end attacking from both sides. Agree that Pompey will be even more wary of Stanley than they were a month or so ago.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 21:22   #10
Full Member+

Bad draw all round for me. Prices Pompey set last round v Macc may be some guide?:

Pompey have cut ticket prices for their Emirates FA Cup first round clash with Macclesfield (date/kick-off time tbc).

Seats will cost just £12 for adults, £8 for seniors (61+), young persons (17-22) and special concessions, and £4 for juniors (under 17).

Crowd: 9,834, so minus comps and directors circa 9,700 at a guess, and with a 70/15/15 split on the prices above a gate reciept fo around £98,940, which would be £82,450 net of VAT, and assuming 5% expenses each club would get just over £39k.

Pure estimates but I can't see it being a million miles out.

Unlikely to be a main TV game but highlight games got £6,750 on Sat and £12,500 on Sunday, so we could be looking at a 2pm Sunday 'live single camera or highlight game' and net around £50k in total.
Kiwi John likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:59   #11
God Member

A reunion with the snake.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:20   #12
Full Member+

As much as it is a poor draw as in it is away from home.....why do I get the impression some are so resigned to us going out of the cup ???? Snakey, who is under immense pressure to deliver the goods at Pompey , won't relish locking horns with Stanley and Coleman again.....

..........they have a less than impressive home record.....scraped past Macc in the last round......we on the other hand have nothing to fear !!!! They couldn't breach our defence in a league game, we had chances to win that game.....so it suggests a tight affair which could go either way ????

Granted....we won't have much of a following......but I'm sure we'll give it 200% and give it our best to get a result !!!

Personally, I think we'll be in the hat for the Third round.....be it winning at Fratton outright or taking it to a replay at the CROWN !!!!
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:19   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Unlikely to be a main TV game but highlight games got £6,750 on Sat and £12,500 on Sunday, so we could be looking at a 2pm Sunday 'live single camera or highlight game' and net around £50k in total.
Don't forget the £27,000 we get for beating them!
Kiwi John likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:21   #14
God Member

this could go either way but have faith in Stanley as we seem to play better away from home as we seem to be set up to counter attack. would be nice to do the slithery one as well. am I imagine something but were round 1 and 2 of the fa cup regionalised until a few years ago as I don't remember playing southern sides when I was younger.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:24   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

NewsNow: Loading story... Interesting comments from Pompey fans

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..