Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2014, 07:06   #76
Senior Member+

Re: F.A.Cup Round 1.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
What complete numpties at the FA to play 1st rd replays on an international filled fixture night! Have they no sence in there pea brains!! Scotland v England play a friendly and no dout it will be live either on sky or itv or bbc what chance have stanley or any other club got of maxamising the pull of the FAcup when there up against the formentioned. Replays should have been on the wednesday in stead
Which England would that be Mab ?......If it's 'Woy's wonders' to which you refer, I guess that any true soccer fan would gladly find their way to t'Storefirst just to escape from the antics of Rooney and his gang of misfits !.
But wait !...Does this mean yours truly being clapped in irons by the FA for daring to speak
so disparagingly about our National team ?.......if so then I don't care !...and exhort all to get down to watch what promises to be a fascinating FA Cup battle with Notts County !
We'll be there !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2014, 07:45   #77
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I'll be trying to find coverage of the Stanley game somewhere online seeing as I'm sitting in Germingland.
Old 18-11-2014, 18:53   #78
Senior Member+

Dan's live commentary on Radio Lancs:
BBC Sport - Live - Accrington v Notts County commentary
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 20:40   #79
Senior Member+

Well well well - roll on Yeovil!!
MikeA and SamF like this.
Old 18-11-2014, 20:46   #80
God Member

Brilliant, well done Stanley and all the fans.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:09   #81
God Member

God bless their cotton socks, our lads thoroughly deserved that win - each & every one of 'em gave it everything against a very physical County side. Got to admit I didn't expect it after Saturday's showing & was in two minds whether to go or not - so glad I did, it was definitely the antidote needed after the Carlisle trip - well done lads & bring on Yeovil
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:13   #82

Stanley did well to earn a hard fought win. We had a couple of escapes with them hitting the bar clean through and a penalty shout? But both sides created chances and we defended well. Special mention for Mingoia worked tirelessly and was comfortable on ball. Carver won lots of balls in air, worked tirelessly and deserved his goal. Liddle as well stood out with good runs marauding forward
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:21   #83
Senior Member+

First of 4 games at home, and what a cracker. The work rate cannot be faulted throughout the whole match. Both Stanley's goals were well taken, but could and possibly should have another when Shay McCartan fired over when it looked easier to score. But what the hell. Well worth the win and bring on Yeovil. Bottom of league 1 so not much between us. One thing I will say, the assistants and the ref were up to their usual standards, rubbish. Didn't see much of the niggling and fouling going on against our players, but saw everyone of the fouls we (so called) committed. Yes the whole of the Stanley support had a sharp intake of breath in the first half for the potential penalty, and again I think the Clayton must have been blowing an updraft to put the shot onto the bar when the Notts player was clean through. Bring on Yeovil who I do not think will fancy coming up here. Winnable game. One disappointment was the crowd numbers!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:21   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Stanley did well to earn a hard fought win. We had a couple of escapes with them hitting the bar clean through and a penalty shout? But both sides created chances and we defended well. Special mention for Mingoia worked tirelessly and was comfortable on ball. Carver won lots of balls in air, worked tirelessly and deserved his goal. Liddle as well stood out with good runs marauding forward
Spot on, Chevyfire. What a great night and a very good game of football too.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:22   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good all round team performance, tonight, unlike sat everyone wanted it, fought like tigers n deserved the win. WELL DONE RED MEN. must mention fer the few chances county had, their keeper had to make 6/7 good saves.

Last edited by cashman; 18-11-2014 at 21:26.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:23   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
O ye of little faith !....

An away draw is a definite possibility ... Followed by a home win witnessed by at least 2K fans !!.

Then again ......?
Well apart from the 2K gate its nice to say I TOLD YOU SO !!...But didn't they do well. I expect we can say that County not only lost their unbeaten away game title, but we're also well and truly stuffed !.

Tonight I am a happy Stanley fan...AE is ecstatic !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:50   #87
Senior Member+

If I am honest,I didn't see that coming !!
County are a good team with bags of pace,but Accis work rate/desire was unreal.
Hard to single anyone out but Pierre and the keeper were excellent.
To close down their players for 90 minutes just shows how fit we are.
Joycy is also a far more effective player when he plays on the front foot and he never stopped all night,great night,great result,just need to back it up on Saturday
yonmon and chevyfire like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:56   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If i'm honest i saw it coming at Meadow Lane, then didn't after Carlisle, Said in Greyhound pre-match if we play like our away performance yon,we would do em, we didn't, we played even better.
Old 18-11-2014, 22:01   #89
Senior Member+

STANLEY fully deserved the win in tonights replay!
It looked like it was going to be a rather depressing night when County went one up but Stanley worked really hard to get back into the game. Marcus Carver didn't get a look in during the first twenty minutes against their two big centre backs but he epitomised the spirit of all our players by just getting stuck in and harrasing them at every opportunity. He tried his luck by moving out wider on both sides and it seemed to pay off as he got much more success. After about twenty minutes we had much more possession and really put pressure on the County defence. I was saying to the lads around me just before half time that we really needed to convert that pressure into a goal when the goal came! Luke Joyce was very brave diving low to get his header in for a great equaliser and a goal that was fully deserved.
The second half started with County looking like they were in a bit of shock by the intensity of Stanley's pressure and the quality of their performance.
It was indeed deserved reward when we went into the lead and I was dead chuffed for Carver to score the goal. Young Jack Rose had a good home debut, Liddle was superb again and he looked very hungry when going forward. Tom and Rob were pretty solid apart from Tom's backpass in the first half which looked like it should have given them a penalty!? Deano took no prisoners and didn't mess about. Procky and Joyce worked very hard in deep midfield. Pierro was superb, working tirelessly and showing some super ball control and making lots of penetrating runs going forward. Moly looks a bit out of sorts but he did some great defensive work, particularly when County tried to throw everything at us late on and we all know that he is always likely to provide that moment of magic even when he is not on top form. Shay had a busy game and looked dangerous when in possession but he did miss a sitter when he tried to hammer the ball in when all he needed to do was side foot it in from 7 or 8 yards centrally in front of the goal. As I said before Marcus worked tirelessly and deserved his goal.
All in all a fully deserved victory for the STANLEY.
Although only just over 1,000 attended the match the support particularly from The Ultras on the Clayton End was superb!
We had some great banter with Roy Carroll in the first half and he responded well.
The Ref was weird as I could not understand some of the decisions he gave or failed to give!
Great to see John, Jimmy and the team come up to The Clayton End to thank the fans and show respect.
ON STANLEY ON
chevyfire likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 18-11-2014 at 22:08.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 09:21   #90
Junior Member+

I thought Nicky Hunt held the ball up well.
Mr Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..