Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree67Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2019, 08:59   #46
Senior Member+
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Personally i hope its Derby we play.
so do i but only because i think they,ll bring more. same chance of a win against either though.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2019, 19:47   #47
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Trying to weigh up the opposition but it's such a boring game - one thing by for sure, whoever we get won't have the 'luxury' of VAR at Stanley
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 20:17   #48
Senior Member+
 
yonmon's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Trying to weigh up the opposition but it's such a boring game - one thing by for sure, whoever we get won't have the 'luxury' of VAR at Stanley
Nathan Redmonds presence is making it a lot more interesting !..
Some good midfielders on show as well... makes me think that our engine room will have quite a task ahead of them whoever wins !... looks like it's the Saints after 72 minutes !.

🤓🤓
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 21:30   #49
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think Derby will win their replay against Southampton, so we'll have a decent turn out from their fans as it's not too far to travel, Frank will be on the touchline in one of his snazzy suits & we'll win the tie with Zanzala scoring the winner as he gets his first hat trick for Stanley - it's in the stars
Post match Frank will join the Stanley fans for winner's hour - you heard it here first!
We'll, that's the first part of my prediction come true (should've put a bet on it)
MikeA and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 07:44   #50
Senior Member+
 
yonmon's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Nathan Redmonds presence is making it a lot more interesting !..
Some good midfielders on show as well... makes me think that our engine room will have quite a task ahead of them whoever wins !... looks like it's the Saints after 72 minutes !.

🤓🤓
But yet AGAIN !.. What do I know ??. 😖😖😖
AccyMad likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 08:01   #51
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

I enjoyed the game, was well pleased Derby won, nothing against Saints but should guarantee a full house imho,
monkey hanger likes this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 09:40   #52
Senior Member+
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

after watching the game i still think we have a chance. i,m sure coley and jimmy have seen things they can work on.
Greeny and Chrisr like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 11:36   #53
Senior Member
 
choirboy's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

I watched the whole match on TV and I thought that Southampton were a classy outfit, especially when Redmond came on. The first half was somewhat cagey but the match came alive as soon as they kicked off for the second half. Southampton took their foot of the gas and let Derby back into the match IMHO.
I think that we have a better chance of beating Derby than we would have had against Southampton, subject to what players Derby will, or Southampton would have selected.
Let's hope that Frank plays a few lesser players and then if we play to our best form we could definitely beat them!
I thought that the BBC presenters were a bit dismissive of our chances, suggesting that the winners of last nights match would have an easy time at Accrington Stanley and would be expected to go through with little trouble!

Let's give 'em HELL and send them home disappointed!
ON STANLEY ON
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 2 others like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 17-01-2019 at 11:38.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 13:00   #54
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I watched the whole match on TV and I thought that Southampton were a classy outfit, especially when Redmond came on. The first half was somewhat cagey but the match came alive as soon as they kicked off for the second half. Southampton took their foot of the gas and let Derby back into the match IMHO.
I think that we have a better chance of beating Derby than we would have had against Southampton, subject to what players Derby will, or Southampton would have selected.
Let's hope that Frank plays a few lesser players and then if we play to our best form we could definitely beat them!
I thought that the BBC presenters were a bit dismissive of our chances, suggesting that the winners of last nights match would have an easy time at Accrington Stanley and would be expected to go through with little trouble!

Let's give 'em HELL and send them home disappointed!
ON STANLEY ON
I have been of that opinion all along, plus the fact more likely we get a full house, also helps
choirboy and Gremlin like this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 13:32   #55
Senior Member+
 
yonmon's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have been of that opinion all along, plus the fact more likely we get a full house, also helps
Talking of Full Backs ( if that's what they call them these days !).. this is interesting methinks !


https://star-set-for-reunion-with-fr...-a4042621.html
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2019, 11:20   #56
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

This made me giggle, had a peek on Derby's fans forum & apparently their online ticketing system asks if they have a preference for front, middle or back for Coppice terrace tickets
MikeA, cashman and sherry like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 20:27   #57
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Derby must be worried. They’ve signed Ashley Cole to try and stop Clicker!
AccyMad and sherry like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 06:08   #58
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Derby must be worried. They’ve signed Ashley Cole to try and stop Clicker!
They're panicking Mr.Mannering, they're panicking
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 14:32   #59
Junior Member+
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

Alright then Stanley fans...………….We are looking forward to coming up to see you on Saturday. I think Frank will pick a strong side as he takes the cup seriously plus we don't have another game until the Saturday after. As I write we have sold 2,000 tickets to away members and season ticket holders who have been to six or more away games. They go on sale to the main season ticket holders tomorrow of which we have 19,000 so I don't think they will reach general sale.
What is your playing surface like? Do you play football on the deck or are you a more direct team? Who are your lads to watch out for?
Hope its a great day out and obviously I am hoping for a Rams win but either way hope we all enjoy.
A Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 07:21   #60
Junior Member+
 

Re: FA Cup 4th rd Derby or Saints

A great gesture by the way to open your hospitality tent to away fans and have the happy hour etc.. The vast majority of Derby fans are great but like most clubs we do have our share of idiots. I hope you get the right crowd taking you up on your hospitality and not the wrong crowd. Just a little worried I have to say.
AccyMad likes this.
A Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.35262 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1