Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2014, 19:27   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Fa cup

Whatever happens were in a much better situation than "Snakes" men, who may possibly be kicked outa the F.A. Cup.
Revived Red, DAV007 and smobile like this.
Old 08-12-2014, 20:02   #32
Senior Member+

Hold your horses my good friends. We can't talk about the Third round until we have beaten Yeovil! It's an old cliche..."We'll take it one match at a time!"
As I said earlier, I do believe that our boys are capable of beating Yeovil on their own patch. Now the lads have a MASSIF INCENTIVE to put the tie to bed and enter into the Third round in full.
(Only then we can talk about that other northern team in RED)
COME ON STANLEY
Greeny likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 20:02   #33

Well well what a tie Lads. How many fans do you reckon you are going to bring down to Somerset next week? One of your fans in the crown said it would only be about 50, guess it will be a bit more than that now lol? I'd say based on saturdays performance you are the favourites for this tie but even though we have an appaling home record Huish will be rocking for this. Magical
cashman, choirboy and smobile like this.
Yeovillad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 20:04   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeovillad View Post
though we have an appaling home record Huish will be rocking for this. Magical
Yep, both club should make a few more quid for the replay than they would have expected to make a few hours ago
Old 08-12-2014, 21:33   #35
Full Member+

On Stanley,On.... I think they will win at Yeovil and I wish them all the luck in the world against you know who. A draw on the Crown Ground would be good and make more money at O.T. A lot of the top teams do not like playing on the small grounds as the crowd is much nearer and feel intimidating. Ha ha bring it on eh?
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 21:46   #36
Senior Member+

Could the draw and it's ramifications possibly excite some forward thinking TV Executive to see some mileage in arranging for the Yeovil replay to be a part of next Tuesday evenings Television schedule ?.
I'm envisaging a scenario where 90+ minutes and 30 of extra time have gone and it's 5 apiece on Penalties !....surely a thrilling prospect for the whole nation to savour ?.
DAV007 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 22:02   #37
Full Member+

Last time BT Sport showed 2 replays on Wed and Thurs.

Sky have LC QF Tues and Wed.

If 2 replays are picked it is likely to be the 2 non-league teams at home, but the BBC may have refusal on a pick also. If there are 3 games Stanley would be shown you would think.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 23:10   #38
Full Member+

Talking Re: Fa cup

If! this game happens it'll be the biggest game in Hyndburn since "Gret Arrod" played Rotherham(i was there)in front of over 5000 in the cup in 1970! Though i think the police will have a say on when and where it's played! If it happens of course. Fingers crossed!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:42   #39
God Member

'Please God, let the mighty STANLEY win at Yeovil, and I will become converted.'
Greeny likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:36   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Could the draw and its ramifications possibly excite some forward thinking TV Executive to see some mileage in arranging for the Yeovil replay to be a part of next Tuesday evening's Television schedule?
The two BBC 2nd round replay matches are already chosen and they're not us:
Live FA Cup Football On TV | FA Cup Final On TV - UK

Does anyone know what's happening with BT Sport's coverage? They televised two 1st round replays...

Last edited by MikeA; 09-12-2014 at 07:41.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:34   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Cheers, Val. I may be being even more obtuse than normal, but I still don't get why Westley being a vile operator means that clubs can't switch ties if mutually agreed ?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:40   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
'Please God, let the mighty STANLEY win at Yeovil, and I will become converted.'
Didn't think you still had the need to change from Gas to Electric in the Antipodes John ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:49   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
The two BBC 2nd round replay matches are already chosen and they're not us:
Live FA Cup Football On TV | FA Cup Final On TV - UK

Does anyone know what's happening with BT Sport's coverage? They televised two 1st round replays...
That link is BT Sport coverage.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:05   #44

I personally hope that if we do get through, it's played at our place.

Ewood or Turf would be a bigger money spinner, but at home it would be guaranteed live game, plus all the add-ons.

Not sure it would have the same sparkle for TV if it was switched.
AccyMad, smudgie, Redraine and 3 others like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:25   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I personally hope that if we do get through, it's played at our place.

Ewood or Turf would be a bigger money spinner, but at home it would be guaranteed live game, plus all the add-ons.

Not sure it would have the same sparkle for TV if it was switched.
One big IF in that but totally agree, Smobile. Why play at a ground where the prima donnas will feel more at home than Stanley? Get 'em down The Crown and give it 'reet good go'.
Outback Ozzy and smobile like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..