Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2014, 11:51   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Fa cup

For the 50th time......... IT CANT BE MOVED !!!

The Crown has a Football League Safety certificate ( Not sure how) , and as a result, unless the poilce intervene, and IF we get through it will be played at the Crown.

Newcastle and Satanage where both sell out's if I remember right, with both games passing without incident, so I see no reason why it would be moved anyway?!?

Speaking hypothetically..... get a replay at the crown, then a moneyspinner away at Old Trafford.... would probably secure a budget for 2-3 seasons........
cashman, yonmon and smobile like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2014, 12:03   #47

Imagine 0-0 at Crown and we get a 96th minute penalty.

Wonder if the bench would send instructions to stick it over the back of the Clayton End
smudgie, Redraine and yonmon like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 14:34   #48

V excited about the prospect of playing United!

Heading to Yeovil to watch the replay!

For the United game I really hope season ticket holders are allowed to buy at least 2 tickets per season ticket holder. This is the best way to guarantee the home end isn't rammed with United fans and part time united fans.

We have roughly 700 season ticket holders don't we. If you gave them the option of getting 2 per ticket that would leave loads left for non-season ticket holders.

I'd even be tempted to allocate 3 per season ticket holder. Not everyone will take up all of their allocation so about 1800 will go to stanley fans.

All dependent on the replay but what do people think?
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 15:10   #49
God Member

I think those are chickens you're counting, not eggs.
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 15:12   #50

Then you've got shareholders!
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 18:20   #51
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Then you've got shareholders!
Meaning what???? If your not a share holder you dont get priority on cup games please say this isnt so.Isnt that why we buy season tickets to have a first crack at any tastie big games that Stanley are in volved in.. I do hope that if we do get through to face utd that everyone will pay for a ticket and not just geta free issue one just because
smobile likes this.
Old 09-12-2014, 19:19   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Meaning what???? If your not a share holder you dont get priority on cup games please say this isnt so.Isnt that why we buy season tickets to have a first crack at any tastie big games that Stanley are in volved in.. I do hope that if we do get through to face utd that everyone will pay for a ticket and not just geta free issue one just because
I do hope that your hope is not too misplaced Mab !.... But I have a nagging suspicion that there will, if we eliminate Yeovil Town, be many 'new' fans turning up wherever the 3rd round is played, going through the gates as Celebrities, Honoured Guests, Sponsor's Mates, and assorted entourages by the dozen !.Who will not have parted with the fee which will have bought our tickets.
Of course It could be my cynical side affecting logical thought again, but we both know that it happens as a fact of life where these situations occur, and will ad infinitum !.
mab likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 19:28   #53
Full Member+

Yeovil are flogging Half Season Tickets with the incentive of first dibs for 3rd round tickets IF they get through.

Smudge is right that Stanley can't move it, the Professional Game Board could order that it be moved to a nearby ground, however the surplus cash compared to the Crown's capacity could all be taken for the pot.

Segregation, vantage points for monitoring etc will be taken into account. 2 per season ticket holder is a good shout, or even 3, to stop local 'united fans' taking the home allocation.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 20:29   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Firstly lets not count any chickens as the replay will be a tough game given the prize now available, however should the game come to pass:-

I think what he means is that shareholders should be given the chance to buy a ticket as well as season ticket holders. I would also include OSC members from prior to the draw and where possible have some form of sale for regular fans who don't fall into any of the categories. It can't be that hard to identify our regulars.

There should be no way any of our regular fans should miss this game as we should be able to offer all regular home fans 2 tickets and still have spare capacity for more. Remember the flexitickets are also season tickets or so it says so make sure I get my ticket .

Regarding sponsors, that's part of the FA Cup and it's the same with all big games. Money talks and that is why they pay extra whether we agree with it or not. There are always people who get tickets because of money just make sure they are paying top whack for it!

As I say, we can live in hope but lets not make too many plans until we have beaten Yeovil. Then we can argue about who gets tickets and how many.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 20:58   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
That link is BT Sport coverage.
Oops! You're right. In that case, does anyone know what's happening with BBC's coverage?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 21:17   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
we can live in hope but lets not make too many plans until we have beaten Yeovil.
I agree entirely. But ... I do hope that the club is giving some thought to the ticket situation IF we do beat Yeovil. This is clearly one situation where "next week" will be totally inadequate when it comes to planning - and making announcements.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 21:28   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I agree entirely. But ... I do hope that the club is giving some thought to the ticket situation IF we do beat Yeovil. This is clearly one situation where "next week" will be totally inadequate when it comes to planning - and making announcements.
That quote was meant for us fans . I hate tempting fate before we have qualified.

The club should already be making contingency plans ready to be announced as soon as the match is over next week if we win. That is sensible from an organisational point of view.
lancsdave likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 21:54   #58
Senior Member+

Yeovil's equivalent plans are on their site - season ticket holders first (two each), then tokens in the programmes for the replay and their next (I think) league game, with those who go to both having the next go, then those who go to one, then open sale. Reasonable thinking, I reckon.
Old 09-12-2014, 23:03   #59
Full Member+

Sounds sensible. If we do win the replay, we could offer a similar scheme with the Wycombe game and ensure a sell-out for that match as well ... though they would mostly be bought by Man Utd supporters. They have 55,000 season ticket holders and would probably only be allocated 2,500 tickets if we do play them!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:45   #60
Senior Member+

Yes, you're right, don't count our chickens yet, but how can a person not get a little, or a lot, excited. Who else was at Peel Park when we beat United 3-0 in the Lancashire cup in '57. I,m not excited yet? Just checking the flights.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..