Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 04:01   #61
Junior Member+

Re: Fa cup

Can you believe I'm back for the York and Burton game but fly out on the 2nd Jan! So want us to win but the 500 quid to change the flight may be tricky!!! Saying that Yeovil will be a very hard game away but if we do win why would we want to change the ground nevermind if we can? Remember last time we were at Ewood, Crewe smashed us although we played better against Scunny next time at Turf Moor and should have won.
TheWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2014, 07:14   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Sounds sensible. If we do win the replay, we could offer a similar scheme with the Wycombe game and ensure a sell-out for that match as well ... though they would mostly be bought by Man Utd supporters. They have 55,000 season ticket holders and would probably only be allocated 2,500 tickets if we do play them!
I thought the away fans were only allowed 15% of the total, ie 750 if the total is 5000?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:47   #63

21. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS
(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals
In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up
to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a
fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:20   #64
God Member

15% of Utd's home attendance should just about cover their 'fans' from Manchester.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:21   #65
Full Member+

That's true in terms of regulations, but they would be allocated the Coppice End plus the Cowshed so that there are seats, so that will be over 2,000 given our official capacity of 5,057.

Fulham were given 1,200 tickets and there was still work in place at the time on the Whinney Hill corner, plus the Coppice End was extended the following season IIRC.

My point is that, if we beat Yeovil, there is no way that we can guarantee that the tickets on general site at the Club are bought by Stanley fans (our only current means of controlling the reserved tickets is via the list of season ticket holders and shareholders). If we say that a ticket retained from the Wycombe game will enable the holder the right to buy a ticket to the Man Utd game, it should ensure that we have two sell-out games rather than one.

I would also make it conditional on entry to the Wycombe game (i.e. people are given a token or voucher at the turnstile when they hand over/buy their match ticket) rather than a token in the programme ... we would face the huge financial cost of printing 5,000 programmes or face the potential chaos of running out.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:26   #66
God Member

Quote:
That's true in terms of regulations, but they would be allocated the Coppice End plus the Cowshed so that there are seats, so that will be over 2,000 given our official capacity of 5,057.

Fulham were given 1,200 tickets and there was still work in place at the time on the Whinney Hill corner, plus the Coppice End was extended the following season IIRC.

My point is that, if we beat Yeovil, there is no way that we can guarantee that the tickets on general site at the Club are bought by Stanley fans (our only current means of controlling the reserved tickets is via the list of season ticket holders and shareholders). If we say that a ticket retained from the Wycombe game will enable the holder the right to buy a ticket to the Man Utd game, it should ensure that we have two sell-out games rather than one.

I would also make it conditional on entry to the Wycombe game (i.e. people are given a token or voucher at the turnstile when they hand over/buy their match ticket) rather than a token in the programme ... we would face the huge financial cost of printing 5,000 programmes or face the potential chaos of running out.
I suggested on Monday night you had to buy a Wycombe & Burton ticket before the 16th to get a voucher, and no refunds
smudgie likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:40   #67

What about Fans who live away then Dave ?

I went to Carlisle, will be going Yeovil, Portsmouth & the Wycombe Game (but not Burton).

Would mean I wouldn't get one

All hypothetical I know, but wouldn't be easy for the club either way.

Be a nice problem to have though WHEN we beat Yeovil.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:51   #68
God Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
What about Fans who live away then Dave ?

I went to Carlisle, will be going Yeovil, Portsmouth & the Wycombe Game (but not Burton).

Would mean I wouldn't get one

All hypothetical I know, but wouldn't be easy for the club either way.

Be a nice problem to have though WHEN we beat Yeovil.
You're right, there is no ideal way, my suggestion was half real, half tongue in cheek because of the refund issue .

Loads of complaints about people not getting tickets would be good in a sad sort of way, because that means game on
smobile likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:14   #69

The bbc and bt sport will televise 5 games from the 3rd round
and as the premiership play on the 1st jan, the fa have extended the dates covering 3rd,4th,5th 6th january to play these games
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 13:00   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
The bbc and bt sport will televise 5 games from the 3rd round
and as the premiership play on the 1st jan, the fa have extended the dates covering 3rd,4th,5th 6th january to play these games
5th & 6th would spoil it for me coming up from Devon, not to mention all the United fans trying to get back to London
Old 10-12-2014, 13:06   #71

Seeing as Man U play away at Stoke on Thursday 1st at 12.45am Live on SKY - no danger of it being played on the Saturday.
Old 10-12-2014, 13:26   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No danger of any of that being a problem, if we dont do Yeovil.
smobile likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 14:03   #73

Tickets only available from Yeovil Ticket Office with NO Cash Turnstile according to the email they just sent me.

Ticket office open until Kick Off on Tuesday.
Old 10-12-2014, 14:06   #74

Yeovil Ticket Office Number is 01935 847888
cashman likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 15:41   #75
God Member

Was going to ring and pre-order some tickets but, from what they said to you Smobile, is there any need if they're selling them up to kick off?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..