Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2015, 14:47   #1
Senior Member+

FA Cup draw Mon 26th

with the team looking good this season, I'm hoping for a money making spin for the club, can hardly wait to see who our fist opponents will be and wondering whether there is an opportunity for the club to make extra revenue from the sale of fa cup merchandise such as banners or placards etc.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2015, 15:22   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: FA Cup draw Mon 26th

A decent cup run, could be a godsend fer Stanley!! we got the squad this season which will certainly help, fingers crossed.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-10-2015, 07:34   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
with the team looking good this season, I'm hoping for a money making spin for the club, can hardly wait to see who our fist opponents will be and wondering whether there is an opportunity for the club to make extra revenue from the sale of fa cup merchandise such as banners or placards etc.
Placards ?

As we found out last season, FA Cup can be a nightmare for merchandise, lead times for some of the stuff we need making are longer than the time between rounds, even worse when there's a replay involved. Lets hope it's a problem we have to face
Old 21-10-2015, 07:57   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
A decent cup run, could be a godsend fer Stanley!! we got the squad this season which will certainly help, fingers crossed.
could not agree more. said it before we are a club that needs a cup run with all the publicity that comes with it. the only way we,ll get extra bums on seats in greater numbers and some will stay for life. not all of us were born in or near Accrington but things happen to make you a fan. the Newcastle game got me hooked and moving back north from east Anglia a couple of weeks later did the trick. knowing Stanley though we,ll get Eastleigh away.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 08:44   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Placards ?

As we found out last season, FA Cup can be a nightmare for merchandise, lead times for some of the stuff we need making are longer than the time between rounds, even worse when there's a replay involved. Lets hope it's a problem we have to face
Dave as this is your area of expertise you know the pitfalls of securing and retailing such merchandise but I was thinking more along the lines of simple printed paper placards with STANLEY printed on them, you already produce team sheets in such a format, maybe I,m out of my depth with what it entails
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 10:40   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Dave as this is your area of expertise you know the pitfalls of securing and retailing such merchandise but I was thinking more along the lines of simple printed paper placards with STANLEY printed on them, you already produce team sheets in such a format, maybe I,m out of my depth with what it entails
I get what you mean now . My first thought of placards was the boards on sticks at demonstrations, no chance of getting them past Health & Safety, dangerous weapons
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 21-10-2015, 10:48   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could not agree more. said it before we are a club that needs a cup run with all the publicity that comes with it. the only way we,ll get extra bums on seats in greater numbers and some will stay for life. not all of us were born in or near Accrington but things happen to make you a fan. the Newcastle game got me hooked and moving back north from east Anglia a couple of weeks later did the trick. knowing Stanley though we,ll get Eastleigh away.
For some of us Eastleigh away would be quite convenient

I was really hoping they'd get promoted last season!
Old 21-10-2015, 14:00   #8
God Member

[QUOTE=Chimer;1153031]For some of us Eastleigh away would be quite convenient QUOTE]

Eastleigh! Good grief, Chimer, have Havant and Waterlooville been knocked out already?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 15:16   #9

Chorley, Bamber Bridge, Halifax, 'Arrogut, Alty or FC United away please. This being on the condition they all win their 4th Qualifying Round ties. Barrow in a competitive fixture is tempting.
baldy likes this.
Old 21-10-2015, 15:51   #10
God Member

Barrow could never be called tempting
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 17:41   #11
God Member

The only thing in Barrow that's tempting is the first bus out.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2015, 16:05   #12
God Member

Good luck to Chorley on Friday night in their quest to get to round 1 would be a good home draw for us as well I think they would sell out their allocation and would be a excellent derby tie.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2015, 17:21   #13
God Member

It'd be interesting to see if we'd give permission for Mr. Carver to play against us
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 07:57   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
The only thing in Barrow that's tempting is the first bus out.
same for dover. as long as we get some northern team I,ll be happy home or away.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 06:42   #15
Senior Member+

It will be tranmere, we always get tranmere in the cup
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..