Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2017, 23:50   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Fa cup fourth round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
The article is in the Lancashire evening telgraph sports page.
Have they stooped to nicking stuff off the nationals?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2017, 10:19   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Have they stooped to nicking stuff off the nationals?
Probably, I have noticed the quality of reporting in the local rags is abysmal. I would have thought that Stanley certainly deserves a lot more coverage even if it is painful at times than we get. This simply reinforces how as a football club playing league football we are not taken seriously. I would contend that if we were to get better coverage by the L.E.T it would help our cause.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 10:34   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Probably, I have noticed the quality of reporting in the local rags is abysmal. I would have thought that Stanley certainly deserves a lot more coverage even if it is painful at times than we get. This simply reinforces how as a football club playing league football we are not taken seriously. I would contend that if we were to get better coverage by the L.E.T it would help our cause.
It certainly wouldn't do any harm at all, but not holding me breath wi that crap rag.I honestly dont think the L.E.T. give a stuff about Stanley, those who govern sport yon more than likely favour Blackburn @ Burnley,
Chrisr likes this.
Old 13-01-2017, 12:08   #79

3pm Saturday. B******s
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 12:40   #80
God Member

3 o'clock Saturday suits me fine - it's when football should be played now to book on the coach
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 12:57   #81
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I bet they weren't the only ones willing this draw to happen.
Considering the monetary gulf between lowly Stanley & megabucks City, this would have been the FA Cup draw the whole of Britain, nay the world, would have been eager to see.
Every footie fan in the world would have been rooting for Stanley
Imagine the advertising revenues Sky sport would have made if only fate had intervened.
As Sky now control football, perhaps they should lobby the FA to ensure that, in future, premier league teams can only be drawn against league 2/non-league teams in rounds 3 & 4.
This would ensure a bumper payday for lower league clubs, who need it the most. After all, football is in the entertainment business.
Where's the FA Cup magic in watching premier league teams battle out scoreless draws in round 3?
don't panic, we could get them in the next round, if CITY get through.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 13:18   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
3 o'clock Saturday suits me fine - it's when football should be played now to book on the coach
i agree, but another time n day suits telly n that woulda suited stanley i imagine? coach n ticket info would be handy posted on here i reckon.
Old 13-01-2017, 13:22   #83
Full Member+

So 3 pm Saturday for the game at the Boro. No TV Coverage so reduced income, maybe a few bob for the minimal highlights. If we get through to the next round and get a home draw, I hope the board will up the price to the TV companies or refuse the camera's entry to the ground. Put the fans first. I wonder if it will be the feature of radio lancs or will we reduced to the goal commentary only? perhaps if Stanley instituted a media ban more people would actually come to the game. Now there is a thought. Perhaps if every club outside the premier did the same then the FA would have to share the money more evenly on the lower leagues. Without us there would be no premier league. Revolution I say.
Old 13-01-2017, 13:52   #84
I am Banned

Quote:
So 3 pm Saturday for the game at the Boro. No TV Coverage so reduced income, maybe a few bob for the minimal highlights. If we get through to the next round and get a home draw, I hope the board will up the price to the TV companies or refuse the camera's entry to the ground. Put the fans first. I wonder if it will be the feature of radio lancs or will we reduced to the goal commentary only? perhaps if Stanley instituted a media ban more people would actually come to the game. Now there is a thought. Perhaps if every club outside the premier did the same then the FA would have to share the money more evenly on the lower leagues. Without us there would be no premier league. Revolution I say.
Leeds tried the media ban, all they got was a court case
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 15:37   #85
God Member

Ticket prices on Middlesbrough's website - £15 adult, £10 over 65's & £5 for under 18's. Presume they'll be same for us?
Osc coach is £18 for members, £20 if not - booked my seat this afternoon in market shop
Old 13-01-2017, 15:52   #86

as i mentioned on another thread, we gave Sheff Wed ST holders our option of a tenner, 5 and 2. so maybe same for you.
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
thornabyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 16:15   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornabyred View Post
as i mentioned on another thread, we gave Sheff Wed ST holders our option of a tenner, 5 and 2. so maybe same for you.
That'd be even better, proper neighbourly - bet City wouldn't have done that
Old 13-01-2017, 17:33   #88

It's a poor show when we get more info from a helpful Boro fan about ticket sales, prices & when available, than our own club.
Still nothing on Fishy about the now confirmed game.
Do we buy tickets from Stanley, or order direct from Boro?????????
smudgie, cashman, Chrisr and 1 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 17:25   #89
Full Member+

Premier club Boro, £15-£10-£5 Stanley v Luton remember the prices. Stupidity.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-01-2017, 10:17   #90
I am Banned

Any news on if you can buy tickets on match day for those that don't live near accy
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..