Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 10:59   #1
God Member

fairytale ending for Jamo?

Jamie Speare signed as an emergency keeper in time for tomorrows FA Cup tie.

Bearing in mind that his most memorable moment in his Stanley keeper would have to be the infamous substitution for the Bournemouth penalties, whats the odds that he is called on tomorrow (Murdoch is a bit crocked as well I think) and saves a last minute penalty?

Good luck Jamo and I really hope that he has to come on!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:34   #2
God Member

Re: fairytale ending for Jamo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Jamie Speare signed as an emergency keeper in time for tomorrows FA Cup tie.

Bearing in mind that his most memorable moment in his Stanley keeper would have to be the infamous substitution for the Bournemouth penalties, whats the odds that he is called on tomorrow (Murdoch is a bit crocked as well I think) and saves a last minute penalty?

Good luck Jamo and I really hope that he has to come on!
Jaaaaamo, Jamo, Jamo!

Legend. Utter, utter legend.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38   #3

The wonder save he pulled off from that free kick by tipping it onto the bar at Bournemouth away to secure the draw will also live long in the memory.
Old 11-11-2011, 13:33   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
The wonder save he pulled off from that free kick by tipping it onto the bar at Bournemouth away to secure the draw will also live long in the memory.
Not forgetting his incredible, amazing double save at Barrow one rain-soaked afternoon!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 15:41   #5
Junior Member+

mmm ball boys could be busy if I remember right
floodlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 17:42   #6
Senior Member+

It will be good to see Jamie back at the club. He is a legend and he had such a great rapport with the fans.
I can still see him now, during the penalty knock out, turning to the fans and raising his arms to get us to shout even louder!!
Truly a legend!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 18:35   #7
Senior Member+

How many remember the Swailes Shield penalty shoot-out at Burton, at the Burton fans' end. I can't remember whether it was Jamie's saves or their misses that won the match but the atmosphere was wonderful.

He'll say it was a header but Coley's equaliser, with the ball bouncing into the net from his stomach, after he came on as a sub, was equally memorable. Especially with the home fans chanting 'You fat b.......'.

Last edited by MikeA; 11-11-2011 at 18:42.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:22   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
How many remember the Swailes Shield penalty shoot-out at Burton, at the Burton fans' end. I can't remember whether it was Jamie's saves or their misses that won the match but the atmosphere was wonderful.

He'll say it was a header but Coley's equaliser, with the ball bouncing into the net from his stomach, after he came on as a sub, was equally memorable. Especially with the home fans chanting 'You fat b.......'.
Remember it well.

The image of Coley sticking our Stanley flag in the middle of Burton's pitch after the match, reminiscent of Souness @ Galatasaray, is engrained in the memory.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..