Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2016, 21:42   #16

Re: fan liaison rep required

Why do we need another fans liaison rep when Rob Houseman already does a fine good job in this role
mab and Greeny like this.
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2016, 04:33   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Due to confidentiality I can't disclose the percentage in votes between Davo and the person who came 2nd in the vote ......
Somerset ?
Old 16-08-2016, 09:07   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Due to confidentiality I can't disclose the percentage in votes between Davo and the person who came 2nd in the vote
Is my calendar up the creek, and it's April already?
What vote? I don't recall seeing any notice of a vote, or of the candidates, or of their credentials. I didn't vote, or know anything of it.
I'm sure Davo's intentions are good and that he 'won' the secret election but someone can't claim to represent all Stanley fans because an election was held in a car on the way to a match, or wherever it was held.
The club has an officially recognised fans' rep, and we have a properly constituted Supporters Club, which works it's socks off. We also have this forum to vent our collective spleens.
The last thing I'll accept is someone telling me they represent me without me ever being asked.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 16-08-2016, 12:53   #19
Senior Member+

Exile, as the new fans rep I will take on board your concerns and share them with the club.

Update you in due course
shakermaker likes this.
Old 16-08-2016, 14:18   #20
God Member

Thanks, but no thanks, Davo.
If I have any issue that needs to be taken up with the club I will contact them myself directly.
Wynonie Harris and yonmon like this.
Old 17-08-2016, 03:06   #21
Full Member+

Sorry......but DAVO07...whoever he / she may be ....certainly doesn't qualify as a "fans rep" whichever way it's dressed up......

I Could offer numerous reasons as to why not......however as it has already been pointed out.....the position is already filled....and if such position needs a replacement, the nominations and votes on any replacement need to be proposed, seconded and voted for by a properly democratic means....

Such a position ( IF it EVER became VACANT or needed to be filled ) needs the proper election of such an official by all due diligence....

I suspect that the O.P. is in some part a twisted way of gaining reaction.....however I do not wish for that person to be appointed in ANY official capacity as "FAN Liaison Representative".....

From the opinions of contributors to this site.....it is abundantly and plainly obvious that his / her opinions do not in ANY way represent the opinions of the hopefully continually growing fanbase of our club.........

Turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind......
Wynonie Harris and KiTChener like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Old 17-08-2016, 06:08   #22
Senior Member+

I can now confirm that Davo produced his clean DBS certificate at last nights game so I will be speaking directly to the club in the next few days to install him along side Robert Houseman who already does a top job!

Davo will be mingling with the fans behind the Clayton End from 1pm onwards on Saturday and he looks forward to greeting and hearing your views!
Old 17-08-2016, 08:19   #23
Senior Member+

thanks baldy, and you can let all the ultras know I am happy to take up any issues they have with the club.

i will write to the FSF (football supporters federation) later this week to see if there are any mutually exclusive initiatives that Stanley fans can get involved with.
Old 17-08-2016, 17:22   #24
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

so your the clayton end rep then can I be the main stand rep then seen as its silly season
AccyMad and Wynonie Harris like this.
Old 17-08-2016, 17:46   #25
Super Moderator

This thread is of course a wind-up...isn't it?
Old 17-08-2016, 18:13   #26
God Member

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is Wynonie - lord help us if it's not
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 17-08-2016, 20:27   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
so your the clayton end rep then Can i be the main stand rep then seen as its silly season :d
no !!.
Old 17-08-2016, 20:58   #28
Senior Member+

Gents,
It may be funny to you, but the silent majority need a voicr
Old 17-08-2016, 21:14   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
mutually exclusive initiatives
MikeA and yonmon like this.
Old 17-08-2016, 22:21   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Gents,
It may be funny to you, but the silent majority need a voicr
And as you're neither silent, nor in the majority on most issues .......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..