Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2015, 21:08   #1
Senior Member+

Fan Of The Year 2015

I wanted to start this early to once again show no bias or corruption in the process.
I will be putting up the nominations around the 26th Decmember with 1 week of voting to follow.

I have mentioned this now to encourage all those fans who read accyweb but not registered, to join the site and take part in the discussions and voting.

The club and I have decided we will not allow votes to count this year unless a fan is registered on Accy web.
Some fans questioned how these votes where counted and how I ended up a close 2nd in the fan of the year voting.
To prevent any such confusion, I have implemented this new rule.

There is an exciting year ahead for the club and for us as fans.
Please use the year to be the best fan possible, and hopefuly we will have lots of nominees for the 2015 fan of the year.

On Stanley On

and congratulations again to Cashman who won fan of the year 2014.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2015, 21:32   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Fan Of The Year 2015

Very good, but what are the criteria for Fan of the Year? I didn't vote last year because I have no idea what the award is judged on.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 21:40   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Very good, but what are the criteria for Fan of the Year? I didn't vote last year because I have no idea what the award is judged on.
imagination truthfulness wit willingness to understand both sides or somethink on those lines
Revived Red likes this.
Old 15-01-2015, 21:48   #4

Presumably anyone randomly designated a hater by Dav007 is out .

I think I preferred the version the OSC did having a vote by fans who were actually at a game rather than a couple of dozen votes on Accyweb.

Count me out, I'll stick to just travelling thousands of miles a season to watch games.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 22:51   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post

Count me out, I'll stick to just travelling thousands of miles a season to watch games.
Same here
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 22:53   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Some fans questioned how these votes where counted
Are you going to tell us?
Old 16-01-2015, 00:18   #7
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=DAV007;1129721]I wanted to start this early to once again show no bias or corruption in the process.
I will be putting up the nominations around the 26th Decmember with 1 week of voting to follow.

I have mentioned this now to encourage all those fans who read accyweb but not registered, to join the site and take part in the discussions and voting.

The club and I have decided we will not allow votes to count this year unless a fan is registered on Accy web.
Some fans questioned how these votes where counted and how I ended up a close 2nd in the fan of the year voting.

Please use the year to be the best fan possible, and hopefuly we will have lots of nominees for the 2015 fan of the year.

On Stanley On

and congratulations again to Cashman who won fan of the year 2014.[/QU

"The club and I have decided we will not allow" etc.
----------------------------------------------------
Please inform us humble servants who at the club has decided this with your honourable self?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 00:19   #8
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Chubbyman;1129739]
Quote:
I wanted to start this early to once again show no bias or corruption in the process.

On Stanley On

and congratulations again to Cashman who won fan of the year 2014.[/QU

"The club and I have decided we will not allow" etc.
----------------------------------------------------
Please inform us humble servants who at the club has decided this with your honourable self?
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 01:16   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
To echo Chubbyman's comments, please, please MR T or somebody tell us this is all a figment of Davo's imagination and that the club is NOT in any way, shape or form participating in this farce?
Revived Red likes this.
Old 16-01-2015, 07:50   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
To echo Chubbyman's comments, please, please MR T or somebody tell us this is all a figment of Davo's imagination and that the club is NOT in any way, shape or form participating in this farce?
Considering it's not an official forum, I think you can take that as read
Old 16-01-2015, 14:59   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
I ended up a close 2nd in the fan of the year voting.
Now just hold your doggone horses, DAV. I thought you dealt only in facts. The FACT is that you came 6th, not "a close 2nd". You had 1 vote out of the 21 votes cast.

You really are a rather sad and deluded individual.
Wynonie Harris, cashman and McKayz like this.
Old 16-01-2015, 15:58   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Now just hold your doggone horses, DAV. I thought you dealt only in facts. The FACT is that you came 6th, not "a close 2nd". You had 1 vote out of the 21 votes cast.

You really are a rather sad and deluded individual.
" DOGGONE"....?? Now you are getting serious RR !....Call the Moderator somebody !
Revived Red and Stevie R like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 16:21   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Dav, as you are the originator of these polls I really would appreciate your clarification on this please, if you would be so kind.
Old 16-01-2015, 17:33   #14
Senior Member+

Criteria TBC
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 18:33   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Criteria TBC
So are the criteria to be changed from last year, or were there no criteria at all last year?
Chubbyman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..