Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2009, 12:06   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I suggest that you send somebody along to the fans forum with your qusetions.....
Yes Bagpuss why don't you send your Avatar with the questions?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2009, 12:18   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Yes Bagpuss why don't you send your Avatar with the questions?
I will see what see wants to do but then if I turn up you will be disappointed.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 20:07   #18
Senior Member+

OK, this is tomorrow night. I hope there's a decent turn out for this one. Show a bit of interest in the new proceedings.

I've heard the Darwen Based Supporters Society are having a trip over, so that should boost the attendance.
Old 01-07-2009, 20:30   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
OK, this is tomorrow night. I hope there's a decent turn out for this one. Show a bit of interest in the new proceedings.

I've heard the Darwen Based Supporters Society are having a trip over, so that should boost the attendance.
Long trip that, such dedication!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 22:16   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Long trip that, such dedication!!
Just re-shoed the horse and loaded the cart.
Old 02-07-2009, 15:13   #21
Member.

Work prohibits the trip over tonight, any chance of someone recording the meeting or at least running off some notes for us stay at homes.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 15:27   #22

Yeah, really wanted to drive 'up home' for tonight but some important stuff demanded my prescence down south. Like others have said, would really appreciate a report on the proceedings. If Q's dry up, how about tackling the impression given that fans who live 'n breathe Stanley are treated as turnstile fodder with no rights to know anything ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 16:02   #23
Senior Member+

Il be going tonight so doug and longlostson il try and record it for you.

Old 02-07-2009, 21:36   #24
Senior Member+

Only stayed for an hour and then had to leave but they answered the questions very good especially John Coleman!

For 40 minutes of this i recorded it, its not the best recording but you can deffinatly hear the answers better than the questions asked. Just turn your speakers on very loud to hear it more clearly!!

I think its better to have real player to listen to this. Just click on the link and download. Thanks

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Old 02-07-2009, 22:44   #25

Thanks fc - apparently my realplayer needs extra components but their site must be down at present - will try again tomorrow.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 22:55   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with F.C. stayed whilst the death n am convinced the club is moving in the right way, given circumstances.
Old 02-07-2009, 23:19   #27
God Member

to homest, tonight esd vreyffzfgkl;jfgsjk'g;lgf'; bollovkd i ewill post tomottoeW"£
Old 03-07-2009, 00:22   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
to homest, tonight esd vreyffzfgkl;jfgsjk'g;lgf'; bollovkd i ewill post tomottoeW"£
Someone had a very good time i see

Old 03-07-2009, 06:55   #29
Senior Member+

I think it needs to be widely publicised that once the final takeover takes place (today apparently), then Eric will have no connections with the club at all. David said he'd have 0% shares. The sooner we can get this message out, the better.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:21   #30
God Member

from what I can remember:

the main message from The Don was that he aims to ensure that the club becomes self sufficient. This will be done via an increase in staff behind the scenes that will allow everyone to do the jobs that they are paid to do. He cannot and will not be a sugar daddy type chairman that ploughs money in every time there is a problem so the club has to be able to keep its own house in order. I thought that David struggled a bit in the first half. Maybe he just isn't used to public speaking but his answers were perhaps a little short in places, where previous people may have waffled for 5 minutes in order to avoid answering the question. In saying that his answers were short they were also straight to the point. This may have resulted in answers not being the ones that people wanted but at least they were blunt and honest. In the 2nd half he seemed to be a little more at ease and he was able to talk a little more in depth when answering questions. I can't remember specific questions that he was asked but he did mention that he wanted to talk to all parties concerned who were able to help out the club and this included the FF. As Tin Monkey mentioned, he also talked about EW having no active role to play in the club once the takeover is officially completed. He was hoping that this would happen as of today. He said that his side of things was signed off and only required the solicitor to formally finalise the deal and rubber stamp it.

John and Jimmy discussed plenty with regards to the playing staff. Jimmy was particular adamant that we are not far from a side capable of reaching the play offs. They both admitted that many mistakes had been made since reaching the football league but each time they had learned from them and this was evident in a far better performance last season - although it was disappointing that we didn't get more reward in terms of points and placings. Peter Cavanagh definitely has a part to play this season providing the hearing goes well. Michael Symes should be signing today. Finances were a worry as we had been quite close to many good signings recently but had eventually lost out to better offers from other clubs - and usually for not much more money. Ryan Lowe was given as one example. They had been disappointed with Kenny Arthur going to Rochdale, as they only found out via text once the deal once done. They cited camaraderie and belief as some of the reasons why players did choose to come here. They sell themselves before selling the club to potential new players. Once the player knows how passionate those two are it becomes reasonably easy to sell the club and get the signing. They also both re-iterated how important the fans are at the club and that players enjoy knowing that we have a small, but noisy fan base that backs the players 100%. Coley also mentioned how disappointed he was with how things had panned out for the club since the return to the FL. He couldn't believe how crowds had plummeted rather that increased, and that he personally struggled with having had to defend the club for months with things like the betting scandal etc.

In summary the management staff really are a bonus to the club. Its not just that they have a talent of sorts to be able to churn out teams that can comepte against all the odds. For me its the fact that they truly do live and breathe and the club. They are due a testimonial this year and the club had granted them that, but they had decided to leave it for the time being because the club itself needs all their input. They both talk passionately about their jobs and they both still enjoy it. Its not a job to them - its a way of life.

For The Don I would say that he has his work cut out but it is by no means a job that he can't do. I think that he has the ideas and the enthusiasm to carry out the tasks that are required to bring the club back to its full potential. He knows that he is only as good as the team that surrounds him, and for that reason he is trying to bring in the right sort of people who can and will be successful in the positions that need filling. There is about to be a second person in the commercial department for example.

With a bit of luck behind them, as well as the unity of the fans, our off the field exploits should start to bear fruit and this will enable us to be more competitive on the field. This season may be a flying by the seats of our pants experience - but wold we have it any other way?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..