Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2009, 18:26   #1
God Member

Smile Fans Forum

From Fishy Site

Fans Forum
Wednesday 24th Jun 2009

Thursday 2nd July
Accrington Stanley will be holding a Fans Forum on Thursday 2nd July in the Buy-the-House Lounge here at the club.

In the week in which the first team return to training ahead of the 2009/10 season, David O'Neill and John Coleman will be on hand to answer questions from supporters.

Doors open at 7.30pm for an 8.00pm start, and all all supporters are welcome to come along.

Maybe get some answer's to some of those question's

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2009, 18:37   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Fans Forum

This is a good move but I hope it's not like last year were Rob Heys tried to stage manage the whole night, I've got something on that night so I need to do juggling to try and get there, hope so.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 18:40   #3
God Member

Smile Re: Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
This is a good move but I hope it's not like last year were Rob Heys tried to stage manage the whole night, I've got something on that night so I need to do juggling to try and get there, hope so.
If its anything to do with your AVATAR Then I suggest that you send somebody along to the fans forum with your qusetions.....

Old 24-06-2009, 19:41   #4
Super Moderator

Hopefully a top event and the AccyWeb faithful will be able to make it???

Make yourself known, and the 1st drinks on me!!!

(Limited to the 1st 100!!!!)

PS My tea and coffee are superb in the Gazelle!!
Good job we're in the BTH Sportsbar!!)
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 19:47   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Make yourself known, and the 1st drinks on me!!!

(Limited to the 1st 100!!!!)

what if you're already known?
Old 24-06-2009, 19:49   #6
Super Moderator

If your already known, your drink will be waiting!!

Pint of Lager Sir???
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 21:18   #7
God Member

Damn it, I will not be able to make this event as I will be away... look forward to all the feedback...

so who's gonna take notes???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 21:59   #8

will not be on anyway he as left. taxi
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 22:05   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
will not be on anyway he as left. taxi
He hasn't left Grimps. The other thread was a wind up
Old 24-06-2009, 22:08   #10

i now i was just going a long with it
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 23:11   #11
Senior Member+

Il be making that to see whats happening, for people that dont go etc i can always take a recording device with me , obivously record it and post it on here?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 20:01   #12
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

The way things are going this week with the two appointments on the commercial side and players signing up Mr Coleman and O'Neill are going to have a good night on Thursday. If I do manage to make it I'm struggling with questions to ask, To be honest despite what certain people think I get no pleasure from having a whinge, the only thing that still niggles me is how much involvement Eric still has. We do still need a major sponsor and the betting scandal hasn't gone away yet but things are looking up.

I had a chat with a manager at Hollands Pies to see if they would be looking for a new team to put some money into now the Burnley contract has ended. He said there was little chance of dealing with Stanley as they owed money and they were annoyed by Whalley which was why they stopped all dealings with the club. The money that was available is going to 5 or 6 charities instead, nice one Eric.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 22:40   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
... If I do manage to make it I'm struggling with questions to ask ...... the only thing that still niggles me is how much involvement Eric still has....
Maybe you could ask if, and when, he's going to Chester.

[see Chester City thread]

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 23:13   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Maybe you could ask if, and when, he's going to Chester.

[see Chester City thread]
well i will run him yon.
Old 27-06-2009, 07:23   #15
God Member

Quote:
The way things are going this week with the two appointments on the commercial side and players signing up Mr Coleman and O'Neill are going to have a good night on Thursday. If I do manage to make it I'm struggling with questions to ask, To be honest despite what certain people think I get no pleasure from having a whinge, the only thing that still niggles me is how much involvement Eric still has. We do still need a major sponsor and the betting scandal hasn't gone away yet but things are looking up.

I had a chat with a manager at Hollands Pies to see if they would be looking for a new team to put some money into now the Burnley contract has ended. He said there was little chance of dealing with Stanley as they owed money and they were annoyed by Whalley which was why they stopped all dealings with the club. The money that was available is going to 5 or 6 charities instead, nice one Eric.
If you cannot make it Baggy, that is one question to be asked... If Hollands have sorted out for this year, then Stanley need to get working now on next year...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..