Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2010, 13:45   #1
God Member

Smile FANs meeting.

Fans meeting
Friday 14th May 2010

Ground rules and regulations
An informal meeting has been arranged to discuss ground safety and the rules and regulations in place at the Crown Ground, taking place in the Buy-the-House Lounge here at the club on Tuesday 25th May at 7.00pm.

All supporters are invited to attend, the aim of the evening is to explain to fans what the rules that the club has to abide by are, and more importantly the reasons why they are in place.

As well as club personnel there will be representatives from the police, Lancashire County Council who oversee ground safety and the Football Licensing Authority who issue the club with the license to operate the stadium.

I think that this is a good idea by the club, hopefully, it will give people chance to air their views/concerns and also it may well help some of us understand why we have to put up with all the nonsense that is around these days on match day!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 14-05-2010 at 13:53.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2010, 14:35   #2
God Member

Re: Fans meeting.

This is a tough area for Fans & Club alike

I hope the meeting will be well attended as it will give us as the Supporters perhaps an input and a better understanding of the inner workings of the regualting bodies, while perhaps helping to form a common sense and universal approach which in turn may help create a satisfactory outcome for everyone concerned.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 14-05-2010 at 14:37.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 15:53   #3
Senior Member+

Can't wait

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 16:07   #4
God Member

Exclamation Re: Fans meeting.

Do not think that I will bother, can't be bothered with meetings Never achieve anything anyway

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 14-05-2010 at 16:13.
Old 14-05-2010, 16:18   #5
Senior Member+

I was gonna go but somebody just offered me the chance to sautee' my own testicles, garnish them & eat them with some chips & a salad.

It was just a little bit more appealling than the meeting

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 14-05-2010, 16:23   #6
God Member

Smile Re: Fans meeting.

Firstly, you have not got any, secondly, I do not believe that you have ever eaten salad unless it was on a Bigmac or a Kebab from Cuisine World

Old 14-05-2010, 16:31   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing is, whilst regulations are in force at any venue, its all very well understanding them, but like in any workplace in life theres always one or two knobheads, like seen at crewe n more recently cheltenham, were innocent people where injured, it seems to me there is no redress against these guilty parties, unless of coarse ya have pots of money, to pay a soliciter,which most people aint. i would like someone in authority to tell me WHY this should be?
Old 14-05-2010, 16:33   #8
Senior Member+

Nay can go. I would nay go anyway.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 16:37   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thing is, whilst regulations are in force at any venue, its all very well understanding them, but like in any workplace in life theres always one or two knobheads, like seen at crewe n more recently cheltenham, were innocent people where injured, it seems to me there is no redress against these guilty parties, unless of coarse ya have pots of money, to pay a soliciter,which most people aint. i would like someone in authority to tell me WHY this should be?
Cashy, have you had a reply from CTFC??

Old 14-05-2010, 18:05   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Firstly, you have not got any, secondly, I do not believe that you have ever eaten salad unless it was on a Bigmac or a Kebab from Cuisine World
(Insert swear word or symbols befitting a swear word as apporpriate)

the stewards are watching

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 14-05-2010, 18:07   #11
God Member

Think its good that the club has invited people to come along, sorry folks as such is life & internet forums there are rules im afraid - for the safety of people and place alike. Gives an opportunity for the club/authorities to outline what isnt acceptable and what is expected, also for fans and club/officials/hi viz brigade to know the line. Think also that if people whom come to the ground can be confident that if powermad viz's get OTT whats the complaints proceedure etc, as eg cheltenham whom have clearly got it wrong in the worst sense. Think our club has taken sensible approach in addressing matters - both sides, so if anyone has had issue with our ground safety/hi viz's etc, its a good way to address them at the meeting

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 18:30   #12
God Member

Smile Re: Fans meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
(Insert swear word or symbols befitting a swear word as apporpriate)

the stewards are watching
Still

Old 14-05-2010, 18:52   #13

I am looking forward to this very much See you all there for a good old telling off
Old 17-05-2010, 20:33   #14

I find it amazing that after all the comments that have been made on this forum re safety, flags, stewards etc that people are coming out with this attitude to a great move by the club.
cfcasfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 08:09   #15
Senior Member+

I am very happy that this meeting is taking place, I have been calling for it for months. The club cannot survive without fans or Stewards, I feel that we need to work together to get LCC off our backs. this does not mean towing the line for every petty rule, where we think the rules are not followed at bigger clubs and no danger is posed we need to stand firm. It is our right to challenge unfair or poor laws, This is England and we are not criminals.

Loweiy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..