Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2010, 09:39   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
they dont call them the premiersh~~~ for nothing boycott sky i say, but well take their money
Hypocrite
Old 26-08-2010, 09:56   #17
Full Member+

Unfortunately I can't quite recall what happened first due to a bit of tunnel vision. From my recollection we were all just singing along proud of the teams performance (just as we did vs Fulham - there were no problems then??) and all of a sudden the stewards got impatient and moved in. I don't know what happened down at the far side at first but we moved in to try and calm things down and at various points some lads were being restrained by stewards in a brutal manner (around the neck etc etc) and then they moved in from the side pushing everyone towards the gate and yanking people about... I even saw one teenage lad on the verge of tears after being yanked head first over 3 rows of seats - then they had the audacity [no idea if that's spelt correctly ] to tell us not to swear in front of kids. The police got involved a bit, but it was still the stewards who were the real villains (as was proved when one went face to face with a copper). The horseback police were generally ok up at the crown afterward asking us about what stewards did and advising us to inform the club on individual stewards. That's all I can remember I'm afraid, hope it helps with the combined recollection of events...

Last edited by Red-Osbornello; 26-08-2010 at 09:58. Reason: unfinished sentence...
Old 26-08-2010, 10:09   #18
Senior Member+

I find it ironic,
football cubs and grounds have a zero tolerance to foul and abusive language, the people paid out of tax payers money to enforce this law are the ones with the foulest mouths.
I have never heard so much swearing and it came out of the lancashire police mouths!
And the swearing was the least of their offences.
Old 26-08-2010, 10:12   #19

Angry Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

I have been watching stanley now for about 20 years, what i saw last night was a disgrace, it about time that set of supporter had a meeting with the law, they break so many ground rules that any other club would ban them. The reason we have to get other stewards in is becuse our stewards are not good enough to handle big games, I hope that the few supporters that let us down last night dont manage to get us a big fine and undo all good work that the club has done in trying to keep accrington stanley safe from money worries.
Old 26-08-2010, 10:16   #20
Senior Member+

fattypig

1 post wonder

come on admit it, your one of the thug stewards?

FAKE
Old 26-08-2010, 10:18   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just what i wondered. mind ya its easy to find out if ya check.
Old 26-08-2010, 10:29   #22

Busted ! im not on hear to tell the right or wrong on how us stewards are supposed to steward a football match. I have worked a stanley now for 3 seasons me personally have never had a problem with any stanley supporters, i have great respect for many of supporter's it was a bad night for all at the club. some stewards were very poor and the police where bang out of order. I have symphony with you all
Old 26-08-2010, 10:31   #23
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
fattypig

1 post wonder

come on admit it, your one of the thug stewards?

FAKE
I bet he's that fat, bald, look at me I'm a chief steward idiot that got the police involved in the first place, your card is marked dude.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 26-08-2010, 10:39   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I bet he's that fat, bald, look at me I'm a chief steward idiot that got the police involved in the first place, your card is marked dude.
Guess you don't like the guy much Baggy
Old 26-08-2010, 10:42   #25
Senior Member+

if your the female head steward with the big baps, your welcome to hang around
Old 26-08-2010, 10:57   #26
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Guess you don't like the guy much Baggy
No, I saw him giving the police a load of bull with about 15 mins to go, idiots like him have now cost Stanley their proud record regarding arrests at home games.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 26-08-2010, 11:00   #27
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
if your the female head steward with the big baps, your welcome to hang around
Without giving names away he is not a woman isn't that right TB?

Old 26-08-2010, 11:29   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just what i wondered. mind ya its easy to find out if ya check.
As I didn't witness all that has been reported so far Cashy, but having heard a first-hand account of it all from a member of my family,So I must find it difficult to involve myself in any fault finding or recriminations..BUT...

I do question the Remit which those in charge of security at our Club must give to Stewards who are hired ad-hoc for 'special' occasions, and ask if this gives them carte-blanche to manhandle and abuse others ?. Then there is the question of what constitutes such an emergency so that 'strong-arm tactics' need to be used ?.and which supremo has the power to take the decision to employ physical force if this is deemed to be necessary ?. and is he qualified to make and give the order for a Steward to Physically abuse a Soccer Fan ?.

It worried me a little at one point to see the Stewards resorting to putting one Newcastle United Fan in a Headlock, and forcing another one's Arm up his back without a moments hesitation as the two of them celebrated a United goal..albeit by encroaching onto the pitch. This knee-jerk reaction of this application of brutish behaviour to non-violent offences seemed to outline a more sinister development in the Security psyche at The Crown which must be the cause of concern to many Supporters !..

It might, and even more sinister still, indicate a weakness in our Society which sees unnecessary Physical
violence towards others as 'the norm '...
But 'The Crown' is definately not the place for Professional Yobs and Thugs to get a bit of training in !!....

Long-winded again ??..

Old 26-08-2010, 12:24   #29
God Member

This is seriously gonna effect the support this season with the ultras now.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 26-08-2010, 13:29   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
This is seriously gonna effect the support this season with the ultras now.
Just wondering SM...but would this attack on the Clayton End have taken place if Ilyas had been standing with his favourite Fans at the time ??.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..