Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2010, 19:01   #61
Super Moderator

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Unbelievable...totally soddin' unbelievable. Why do we have the uncanny knack of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? Our greatest moment since the club was reformed and we manage to turn it into a Google Page Ranking disaster. Make no mistake, Jase is one of the most invaluable off-field assets this club has. He's not done it on his own but he's the bloke who has instigated the transformation of the Clayton End into an exciting, atmospheric place to be...a place that has attracted lots of young 'uns who might otherwise have gone to Ewood or the Turf. Take that away and all you'll be left with is a stretch of half-empty terracing, populated by moaning old gits like me!

So, Mr Heys, we've been told that you've "stepped up to the plate". I, therefore, suggest that you act decisively to embark on an urgent damage limitation exercise immediately!
Old 26-08-2010, 19:08   #62
God Member

I have been through this thread and it saddened me what happened. I take it that the stewards were not the only ones shipped in for the game but the polices as well. If both police and stewards had been briefed they would have known there would be nothing more sinister than a bit of exuberance.I believe like others that there was some person or persons that over reacted and just enflamed everything. The police seem to have behaved worse than any hooligans around but can hide behind the badge and the "boys club" when it goes wrong.

From what I have read outwith here the police have already justified their actions with no input from those who witnessed the mayhem.

Questions;

Where did the extra stewards come from?

Where did the extra police come from?

What imput did the local police get on this?

Were the local police just "sidelined" as not being up to the job?

Was there any plan in place if things got rowdy apart from wade in weapons drawn?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-08-2010, 19:13   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Where did the extra police come from?

What imput did the local police get on this?
I don't think the club have any say on what policing is required, the powers that be in Hutton decide how to justify their waste of taxpayers money.
Old 26-08-2010, 19:14   #64

I have be told that both rob heys and dave o neil will be doing statements for jase in court

time to give em break after all they are backing jase

as for mick hmmmmmmmm
Old 26-08-2010, 19:14   #65
Full Member+

Also the plod were taking photographs during the second half towards the Ultras section of the Clayton End. Presumably to try and identify the roll throwers. Anybody who wants to make a freedom of information request may need the following
Criminal Records Guide - Police Records - ICO
Old 26-08-2010, 19:18   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
It is in the title, one of the biggest nights in our history and for it to end up like that, it was an utter disgrace.................
Still cannot believe what went on!!!

We must do something about this!!!!!!!!

3 Year banning order?????????????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 26-08-2010, 19:24   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I don't think the club have any say on what policing is required, the powers that be in Hutton decide how to justify their waste of taxpayers money.
Dave the fact that it looks like no input was taken from the local plod shows a heap of arrogance and stupidity on the part of the Hutton desk jockeys. The way it was policed sounds like an Old firm match. There should be an inquiry at all levels after this.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-08-2010, 19:27   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Dave the fact that it looks like no input was taken from the local plod shows a heap of arrogance and stupidity on the part of the Hutton desk jockeys. The way it was policed sounds like an Old firm match. There should be an inquiry at all levels after this.
We are talking about a police force which polices a local derby as if both teams are involved in a nuclear war.

You get treated better for mugging a pensioner in Lancashire than being at a football match
Old 26-08-2010, 19:36   #69
God Member

Quote:
We are talking about a police force which polices a local derby as if both teams are involved in a nuclear war.

You get treated better for mugging a pensioner in Lancashire than being at a football match
Seems very true on both points.

A footy match is there to be enjoyed by people. Not an excuse for the police to behave worse than animals. In a way I was lucky not to see the aftermath but it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-08-2010, 19:41   #70
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Still cannot believe what went on!!!

We must do something about this!!!!!!!!

3 Year banning order?????????????
I'm with you, I'm steaming, I've just gone through Skys coverage of the game and you can see stewards running towards the Clayton End when they are discussing the match after fulltime, I've also found video of the chief steward who appeared to be responsible for getting police involved in the first place, anyone know if you can get video off Sky+?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 26-08-2010, 19:41   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The thing is Dave with the Plod and policing footy matches, they have full control on numbers and the club DO have to pay for the policing, or they'll withdraw and matches will be cancelled, this is what happened with Dave Whelan down at Wigan a couple of years ago, they threatened to withdraw the safety certificate for matches
Old 26-08-2010, 19:47   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I'm with you, I'm steaming, I've just gone through Skys coverage of the game and you can see stewards running towards the Clayton End when they are discussing the match after fulltime, I've also found video of the chief steward who appeared to be responsible for getting police involved in the first place, anyone know if you can get video off Sky+?
sky+ to pc - Sky+ - Digital Spy Forums

www.ubuntu.com

Old 26-08-2010, 19:51   #73

Police are "not very nice people".
Old 26-08-2010, 19:54   #74
God Member

ha ha @ SamF

Bagpuss, if you manage to get a copy off your Sky, is there any chance of an extra?
Old 26-08-2010, 19:55   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
ha ha @ SamF

That quick it doesn't even show he edited it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..