Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2010, 22:30   #106
Senior Member+
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

I was unaware of all this until I came home today and read about it in these threads.

Presumably a defending solicitor will be able to call as defence witnesses many of those who did see what happened and have commented in this thread.

As an aside, I would like to know why it was deemed necessary to compel fans to walk through a police line in Livingstone Road.
Revived Red is offline  
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2010, 23:19   #107
Senior Member
 
nige b's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

disgusted as to what happened last night chatting with a ange tonight and she said that she saw jase in the crown car park so when he arrested?
__________________
THERE'S GONNA BE A RIOT DOWN IN TRUMPTON TONIGHT
nige b is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 23:30   #108
Senior Member
 
Mik Griff's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Jase was arrested straight after the game when we went to see why Danny was being arrested, That's when the Police went completely over the top and started throwing people around, threatening people with Baton's etc. I even saw one young lad get dragged over 2 rows of seats by his hair for christs sake ! Ridiculous.
Mik Griff is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 06:51   #109
Senior Member+
 
yonmon's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!




Today's Lancashire Telegraph says....

"The arrest of a teenager after full-time for allegedly throwing a till roll onto the playing surface sparked an incident described by officers as ‘hostile’."

AND... in justification ?.

"A spokesman from Lancashire police said: "The match had been a wonderful occasion with the majority of fans in really good spirits, which became marred by a small group of people becoming hostile towards the police following the arrest of a man for an earlier incident."(quote).

However, it still appears that those responsible for Safety and Security at Accrington Stanley choose to remain silent regarding their role in the construction of a mini-Police State at the ground on Wednesday evening !..Would a timely word or two from our CEO, 'stepping up to the plate ',possibly put an end to all the gossip and rumours which are being spoken and printed and exacerbating this worrying situation. ?..
or is this ezpecting too much ?.

Like many, I remain sad and disappointed that our Club
cannot protect it's Supporters without condoning the use of physical violence towards them !.

Last edited by yonmon; 27-08-2010 at 06:53.
yonmon is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:16   #110
CEF
Junior Member+
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Were there till rolls thrown onto the field of play during the match (some aimed @ Krul) - Yes
Therefore if the person arrested @ end of match is guilty of such then yes he should be charged.
When Jase was arrested did a group of 20 or 30 run towards the police/stewards - Yes
Therefore this could be deemed as hostile.
Could the club be fined for failing to control the crowd (again the throwing incident) - Quite a possibility
Therefore can i ask what you are expecting the club to come out and say publically regarding the incidents. Until all facts are looked @ there's not a great deal they can do. It all started because someone pushed it too far with throwing the till rolls which is an offence and therefore someone was arrested then it all banked rolled from there.
Over reaction from police/stewards - Yes definatley but it did all start with someone commiting an offence
CEF is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:52   #111
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

I've signed up on Facebook
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:08   #112
Resting In Peace
 
JEFF's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Taken from the Football League Ground Regulations

The following acts are arrestable offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 (as amended) and conviction may result in a Banning Order being made.

The throwing of any object within the Ground without lawful authority or excuse

Under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985 (as amended) the following are offences for which a person can be arrested by a police officer and conviction could result in a Banning Order being made.

Attempting to enter the ground or being inside the ground whilst drunk

At all times whilst present inside the ground persons must comply with any and all instructions of any steward or officer of the Club and/or any police officer. Failure to comply with any instruction may lead to immediate ejection from the ground
JEFF is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:09   #113
Senior Member+
 
yonmon's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF View Post
Were there till rolls thrown onto the field of play during the match (some aimed @ Krul) - Yes
Therefore if the person arrested @ end of match is guilty of such then yes he should be charged.
When Jase was arrested did a group of 20 or 30 run towards the police/stewards - Yes
Therefore this could be deemed as hostile.
Could the club be fined for failing to control the crowd (again the throwing incident) - Quite a possibility
Therefore can i ask what you are expecting the club to come out and say publically regarding the incidents. Until all facts are looked @ there's not a great deal they can do. It all started because someone pushed it too far with throwing the till rolls which is an offence and therefore someone was arrested then it all banked rolled from there.
Over reaction from police/stewards - Yes definatley but it did all start with someone commiting an offence
CEF !..Of course, I am not expecting to hear a statement which will by it's nature incriminate the Club in any way, realising, as do we all, that once it is unleashed the long arm of the law has to follow it's alotted course, and any interference with this is, to say the least, frowned-upon !.

However, the point I was attempting to make, and I apologise for repeating myself (again!), was simply that
snippets of information, gossip, innuendo, and sinister whispers in local Newspapers, will do lttle to mollify the almost Anti-Club feelings that one can sense from this Forum, and from personal contacts, and that some recognition of this by the Officers (not Police!) at The Crown in a short statement would not be out of place !.

Keep posting !!.


.
yonmon is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:17   #114
Senior Member+
 
Outback Ozzy's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
Sorry about that Cashy, It is Outback Ossy I am refering to, and quoting a few of his posts over the last couple of days.
If you must quote me, then at least have the decency to spell my username correctly. Also had you continued to read the thread on which you are posting you will also note I have joined the Facebook group re the SU 2. Finally, I think you should also note that Katei77 corrected me prior to you piping up and making statements referring to me. Whilst this is a public forum and you may quote me why don't you say what YOU mean yourself. Oh and by the way, I may have used the term 'wade' loosely, but in reality, is throwing tennis balls on to the field of play whilst play is in action not just as illegal as throwing loo roll or till roll from the 'Clayton End'??? So why did no one approach the Newcastle fans in the Whinney Hill terrace, there were enough stewards and police spotters in the ground?
__________________

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 27-08-2010 at 10:27. Reason: slight correction
Outback Ozzy is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:22   #115
God Member
 
Stanleymad's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

As an aside, I would like to know why it was deemed necessary to compel fans to walk through a police line in Livingstone Road.
That stunned me wasnt expecting that, was walking thro with cashy, wyn etc with FRIENDLY newky fans too & was met with that line & thought wtf
__________________


ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:27   #116
Junior Member
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Because the tennis balls were thrown from BEHIND the Whinney Hill - outside the ground
asfc0811 is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:29   #117
Senior Member+
 
Outback Ozzy's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfc0811 View Post
Because the tennis balls were thrown from BEHIND the Whinney Hill - outside the ground
Not from where I was standing they weren't, and where has this information come from?
__________________

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:43   #118
Senior Member+
 
Outback Ozzy's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Not from where I was standing they weren't, and where has this information come from?
I stand corrected, my partner in crime has just pointed out that they were thrown from outside the ground and I apologise for this error.
__________________

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:46   #119
CEF
Junior Member+
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Yonmon - sorry i'm just not getting it. I still don't get what you want from the club H & S will say fans throwing till rolls onto pitch after game started are commiting an offence and could lead to injury therefore police are correct in arresting those responsible.
The police and stewards did over react but if 20/30 people are running towards you many F ing and blinding and quite a few drunk what alternative are they gonna do. When someone is coming towards you, you automatically go on the defensive ( i do not condone some of what has been done towards some of the fans) - again the club won't comment on these actions.
Yes quite a few are guessing and gossiping about what went on but what are the club supposed to do to stop it.
All they can say is that said incidents took place on Wednesday night and we are looking into it. They can't come out and say publically that they back Jase (and thats what alot of posters seem to be getting at) because IF he has done anything deemed illegal then the club we seem to be are condoning it. How is that going to stop the gossip? or ill feeling being thrown at the club.

Sorry but you are going to have to literally spell it out to me
CEF is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 11:11   #120
Senior Member+
 
yonmon's Avatar
 

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF View Post
Yonmon - sorry i'm just not getting it. I still don't get what you want from the club H & S will say fans throwing till rolls onto pitch after game started are commiting an offence and could lead to injury therefore police are correct in arresting those responsible.
The police and stewards did over react but if 20/30 people are running towards you many F ing and blinding and quite a few drunk what alternative are they gonna do. When someone is coming towards you, you automatically go on the defensive ( i do not condone some of what has been done towards some of the fans) - again the club won't comment on these actions.
Yes quite a few are guessing and gossiping about what went on but what are the club supposed to do to stop it.
All they can say is that said incidents took place on Wednesday night and we are looking into it. They can't come out and say publically that they back Jase (and thats what alot of posters seem to be getting at) because IF he has done anything deemed illegal then the club we seem to be are condoning it. How is that going to stop the gossip? or ill feeling being thrown at the club.

Sorry but you are going to have to literally spell it out to me
And there you have it !!...and, as I feel a splurge of
Verbal Pyrotechnics coming on...'Cowshed Sid' says thats where I should leave it !.

yonmon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:51.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 1.26639 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1