Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2017, 15:20   #31
God Member

Re: Fgr

Goalllll 0-1 Conneely
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2017, 15:21   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

0-1 conneely great stuff.
Old 30-09-2017, 15:36   #33
God Member

Come on Stanley last 15 minutes.
Old 30-09-2017, 15:43   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

F.G. just hit the crossbar, stuff like that always happens when yer struggling.
Old 30-09-2017, 15:52   #35
God Member

Nearly there...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 15:54   #36
God Member

Yesssss... onya STANLEY.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 15:55   #37
God Member

3 points well done Reds 3rd place.
Old 30-09-2017, 15:55   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Done It another good away win, anyone know have we ever had 23 pts in september in the league? i cant recall. I reckon the change to 4-3-3 did the trick.
mab and Chrisr like this.

Last edited by cashman; 30-09-2017 at 16:01.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 16:28   #39

190 Away fans. That's a good turn out isn't it?

Sadly I was not among them. This afternoon I have mostly been watching people eat meatballs in Ikea (Glasgow).

Sounds like it might have been another victory without exactly tearing the opposition apart and another clean sheet for Chappers. ....looking forward to the thoughts of King John.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 16:49   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

190 down yon is a cracking following fer us imho, well done.
Old 30-09-2017, 17:03   #41
Senior Member+

Beltin weekend Acci and Wigan doing the business,few beers it is !!����
Outback Ozzy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 17:47   #42
God Member

This must be the new Stanley game plan - perform under par and come away with 3 points! FGR fans must be wondering what they have to do to get a point in this League.
It was yet another tough battle for the Reds against pretty active opponents who closed players down and played lots of neat one-two passing but just couldn't convert all their possession into goals. Stanley, on the other hand, bagged their goal from one of the few chances they made.
Bringing on Scott Brown made the difference and he gave Stanley a bit more bite when and where they needed it. Billy Kee really battled and took a battering (usually from behind) but how we all missed his mate, KJ. Good defensive performance from the back four against lively forwards, and pleased to see Mr.Chapman keep a clean sheet. Real shift put in down the right wing by Jordan Clark, he was up against a very strong and fast full back (no17) but he kept plugging away and eventually saw his marker subbed.
Well done to the lot of them.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 20:30   #43
Senior Member+

Highlights (well, two Stanley attacks):
Forest Green 0-1 Accrington Stanley | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 21:28   #44
God Member

Can't add much more to what Mr.Exile has said (lovely to meet you & Mrs.Exile today) but I think I must've watched a different game to whoever wrote the match report on the fishy site, they describe our goal as hitting the post before rolling along the line & into the back of the net?? I thought must have remembered it wrong but no, I've just watched channel 5's goal rush & as I thought the ball went straight in the back of the net like a rocket after leaving Seamus' boot - small detail maybe but had me confused for a while
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 21:38   #45

Following the game courtesy of the BBC sport app, I was beginning to wonder how we could possibly win it?
FGR's possession ratio remained stubbornly above 60% throughout the game.
We seemed to be conceding fouls almost every other minute in the first half & they seemed close to scoring too many times.
Even after Conneely's goal in the 56th minute, I was expecting an equaliser at any moment.
We all know you can't always rely on stats to judge a game, but after reading Exile's excellent report, I think on this occasion they appear to have been a fair reflection of the game.
Last year rock-bottom Newport spoiled our party when we expected a walk-over.
Perhaps the big difference this year is that, despite all the cold hard evidence to the contrary - WE WON!
Our next few games are certainly tough one's, but no tougher than todays!
Bring em on!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..