Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2017, 22:31   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Fgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Can't add much more to what Mr.Exile has said (lovely to meet you & Mrs.Exile today) but I think I must've watched a different game to whoever wrote the match report on the fishy site, they describe our goal as hitting the post before rolling along the line & into the back of the net?? I thought must have remembered it wrong but no, I've just watched channel 5's goal rush & as I thought the ball went straight in the back of the net like a rocket after leaving Seamus' boot - small detail maybe but had me confused for a while
I think you need to have another look For me, the telly confirmed what I remembered, i.e. it hit the foot of the right hand post and finished up in the left hand corner. Sorry ....
Old 30-09-2017, 22:40   #47
God Member

Well, either my glasses or my telly (or both) are wonky Nay mind, at the end of the day however it went in that goal won us the points, bring on Luton!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:06   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest,who give a stuff what the stats say? how many attempts etc etc, how many times has stuff like that happened to Stanley oer the years?
Old 01-10-2017, 09:00   #49
Senior Member+

From a personal point of view, I will take ground out 1-0 wins for the rest of the season. Stats mean diddly squat, the only stat that matters is the one that says Accy scored more goals than the opposition. Keep it up lads. Would have liked to have gone yesterday, but other matters prevailed. And no Cashy, I cannot remember Stanley ever having 23 points at the end of September, though no doubt someone is trawling the stats as i type.
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:29   #50
Full Member+

we had 20 in 2012/13
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:55   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
we had 20 in 2012/13
Was that really September? By my records (which don't show dates) that was after 14 games, and we've only played 11 this time. We're 4 points better off then ever before at this stage. Next best was 15/16, when we had 19 after 11, won the 12th and lost the next two, so only had 22 after 14.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:27   #52

Credit to the bringer of three promotions today, Coley got it bang on. Many perceived Edwards off for Brown as a negative move but his rough and tumble gave us a foothold in midfield.

Smash and grab job. Haven't played anywhere near our heights last three games yet still yielded seven points. Sign of a top aide.

Also climbing that hill from the pub has fulfilled my yearly quota of cardio vascular exercise. Dill Hall on steroids!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:30   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Wasn't there but i saw the substitution as a good tactical move, switching to 4-3-3,
Old 01-10-2017, 14:53   #54
God Member

I always like to hear what Professor Coleman has to say about the game, particularly those I've seen, and appreciate them being put on the Fishy site.
But yesterday's post match interview plumbed new depths for those without the hearing of an owl.
There have been quite a few recently when Coley just cannot be heard, and it would be nice if the mic was shoved a bit closer. But yesterday's sounded like it was held in a children's nursery that was still under construction.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:49   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I always like to hear what Professor Coleman has to say about the game, particularly those I've seen, and appreciate them being put on the Fishy site.
But yesterday's post match interview plumbed new depths for those without the hearing of an owl.
There have been quite a few recently when Coley just cannot be heard, and it would be nice if the mic was shoved a bit closer. But yesterday's sounded like it was held in a children's nursery that was still under construction.
Got to agree there.
I may be a bit mutt & Jeff, but I too find it impossible to hear the words of wisdom from the Proff.
Strange one really, as the interviewer's voice is crystal clear, as are the young kids running riot 40 yards away in the stand.
It must be something to do with the low register of Coley's scouse voice.
Perhaps they can add subtitles for the hard of hearing?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:03   #56
Full Member+

Don't think most folk will be able to read Scouse
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 19:11   #57
God Member

I use my phone to watch videos and cant hear jc through the speakers ... he's audible through headphones though as theyas they must detect his particular vocal range.
Old 02-10-2017, 20:09   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I think you need to have another look For me, the telly confirmed what I remembered, i.e. it hit the foot of the right hand post and finished up in the left hand corner. Sorry ....
Just watched the goal atFGR and have to agree with your opinion of the goal, but that is only if down south you call the foot of the post that bit halfway between the ground and the crossbar.
AccyMad likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..