Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2017, 23:08   #16
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Final game of season

Blackburn home game against Newcastle on 2/01/2017 was a 3pm ko yet it was live on sky ! And that's partly the reason Stanley hand a lower attendance that one would have expected for a bank holiday game.
Old 18-01-2017, 23:34   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Blackburn home game against Newcastle on 2/01/2017 was a 3pm ko yet it was live on sky ! And that's partly the reason Stanley hand a lower attendance that one would have expected for a bank holiday game.
The rule only applies to a Saturday
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 23:55   #18

It's about tie the sweet 'F.A.' realised that football is the property of the fans, who give their time & hard earned money following their team.
The EFL are only custodians of our sport. What gives them the right to inconvenience genuine fans at the whim of Sky Sport. This ludicrous decision has shown they don't give a fig for the fans.
To then wrap it up as somehow being a more exciting deal for supporters just adds insult to injury.
I'd horsewhip the b******s!
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 08:58   #19
Super Moderator

This is nothing to do with the FA.

I'll look up the exact figures but around £70 million comes into the EFL from Sky TV.

ASFC and other L2 clubs get 8% of this money.

As a proud member of the EFL we ( as every other club) take the monies we're given therefore we all have to accept there will be requirements for this cash.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 09:05   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Requirement that treat the supporters like crap, hardly surprising your in favour of it MRT.
Old 19-01-2017, 09:10   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
This is nothing to do with the FA.

I'll look up the exact figures but around £70 million comes into the EFL from Sky TV.

ASFC and other L2 clubs get 8% of this money.

As a proud member of the EFL we ( as every other club) take the monies we're given therefore we all have to accept there will be requirements for this cash.
agree up to a point MR T as all clubs need the money, but it does seem that this is the be all and end all in the game at the moment. football survived before sky came on board and would certainly survive without it. would it survive without fans. i really doubt it. just something else too anoye fans of all lower league sides who for the most couldn,t care less about the premier league big shots.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 09:45   #22

'I'll look up the exact figures but around £70 million comes into the EFL from Sky TV.
ASFC and other L2 clubs get 8% of this money.'

£23K- is that all we get from the EFL?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 10:28   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
'I'll look up the exact figures but around £70 million comes into the EFL from Sky TV.
ASFC and other L2 clubs get 8% of this money.'

It's funny how for all but the last day of the season, Sky Sport completely ignore league 2.
Their raison d'etre is live Premier League football for pseudo football fans, or as Exile aptly calls them - 'couch potatoes with a remote'.
The pittance that drips down to the lower leagues are breadcrumbs to give an appearance that they 'care' about the game.
The fact that it's the league 2 fans who are facing the biggest inconvenience proves that we're at the bottom of their priorities.
AccyMad, cashman, smobile and 1 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 10:39   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
It's funny how for all but the last day of the season, Sky Sport completely ignore league 2.
Their raison d'etre is live Premier League football for pseudo football fans, or as Exile aptly calls them - 'couch potatoes with a remote'.
The pittance that drips down to the lower leagues are breadcrumbs to give an appearance that they 'care' about the game.
The fact that it's the league 2 fans who are facing the biggest inconvenience proves that we're at the bottom of their priorities.
Aye but MrT says "Proud Member" of this useless lot.
Old 19-01-2017, 20:23   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Not £233K?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 20:24   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whatever it is, no price is worth selling yer soul for.
Old 19-01-2017, 21:36   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whatever it is, no price is worth selling yer soul for.
While I would agree with you, I doubt the money men at clubs agree.

Take the Accy example, TV money of £233,333 per season is just over £10,000 per home game based on 23 home games compared to in the region of £20,000 per game based on a crowd of 1700 paying from £20 down to £5. This shows that at our level the fans are important but so is TV money to a lesser extent.

However last time Burnley were in the Premiership they made a net profit of 40 million euros or roughly £35m. If we assume a crowd of 20,000 paying £30 each is £600,000 x 19 home games = £11.4m. So even if no fans went they would still have a net profit over £20m.

I know there are other things to factor in such as profit from merchandise and catering but it shows the total imbalance in football and how the higher up you go the less fans matter to the money men.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 21:42   #28

Still none the wiser.
I'm happy to go to a 7:45 KO, happy to go to a 3pm KO..... I even remember watching England v Brazil in a pub at 9am many moons ago.
What's the beef with 5:30pm?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 21:45   #29
God Member

The beef is having to be in Stevenage at all.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 21:49   #30

PS, I hope none of the people who complain about scheduling have, or have ever had, Sky TV (or equivalent).
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..