Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2017, 14:24   #1
I am Banned

Final game of season

It's been confirmed the final game will be a 5:30pm ko for all league 2 games

EFL: Kick-off time confirmed for final round of Sky Bet League Two fixtures
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2017, 14:26   #2
I am Banned

Re: Final game of season

Championship and league 1 games all kick off at noon
Old 18-01-2017, 14:40   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What a stupid time, no thought at all given to supporters, glad were away.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-01-2017, 14:59   #4
Full Member+

Everybody should avoid the games home or away in all the affected leagues. That is a powerful message the FA will notice. I doubt if they will do anything though.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 15:43   #5
God Member

Ridiculous decision! And of course, it's down to Sky Sports so that they can fit a lower league game into their schedule!!
Wouldn't have been going to Stevenage anyway but if I was the late kick off time would certainly have made me think twice. It was a similar time when we played the first leg of the play offs down there albeit on a Sunday & it was a long, long journey home.
If we'd had a home fixture though I wouldn't have boycotted it as you suggest Chris, can see where you're coming from but I can't imagine missing a home game unless I was ill & physically incapable of going
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 15:56   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to be honest if we had a home fixture i would not have attended.
Old 18-01-2017, 15:57   #7
I am Banned

Feel sorry for Carlisle they're away to Exeter last game
Old 18-01-2017, 15:59   #8
God Member

As if Satanage in the last game is not bad enough. This is pathetic pandering to coach potatoes.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 16:00   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Thats my point, no consideration has been given at all to supporters, whilst some may ignore it, i wouldn't.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-01-2017, 18:46   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
It's fitting that this latest knee-bend to the God of Sky was announced by the League 2 club's rep who, according to the Fishy site, thinks it will somehow allow more fans of League 2 enjoy the finale " first hand" (by first hand I presume he means the hand the holds the TV remote control).
The irony is Nixon is from Carlisle Utd.
The train from Exeter to Carlisle leaving after 8pm on Saturday seems to involve a 10 hour overnight stay in the waiting room at Newport before reaching Carlisle mid-day Sunday.
The only reason why telly shows a match at 5:30pm is to avoid clashing with 3pm kick-offs. But if there aren't any 3pm matches, why not just leave the fixtures alone and televise the game earlier?
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-01-2017, 19:15   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It's fitting that this latest knee-bend to the God of Sky was announced by the League 2 club's rep who, according to the Fishy site, thinks it will somehow allow more fans of League 2 enjoy the finale " first hand" (by first hand I presume he means the hand the holds the TV remote control).
The irony is Nixon is from Carlisle Utd.
The train from Exeter to Carlisle leaving after 8pm on Saturday seems to involve a 10 hour overnight stay in the waiting room at Newport before reaching Carlisle mid-day Sunday.
The only reason why telly shows a match at 5:30pm is to avoid clashing with 3pm kick-offs. But if there aren't any 3pm matches, why not just leave the fixtures alone and televise the game earlier?
No can do "UK football’s TV blackout rule prevents live football matches from being televised between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoons"

A bit stupid if this is the result of it.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 19:58   #12

Excuse my ignorance but if a match finishes about 7:30pm and it's 3-4 hours home then isn't that a good fit into the end of the weekend? More time for pre match drinkees too. (I accept it's not great for Carlisle v Exeter).

I know it means missing "Heartbeat" or whatever Sunday night viewing is these days but is that too much of a hardship?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 20:03   #13
God Member

So much for that rule, Duncan.
Just figured that on May 6th Sky are showing a match at 3pm between....guess who? Arsenal and Man Utd.
Still, I suppose those two are so rarely on telly that it's worth we cosseted League 2 fans making a little sacrifice, especially as it'll be pure joy for Orient fans to get from Blackpool, Plymouth fans from Grimsby, and Morecambe fans from Luton on Saturday night.
AccyMad and sherry like this.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 18-01-2017 at 20:10.
Old 18-01-2017, 21:04   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Excuse my ignorance but if a match finishes about 7:30pm and it's 3-4 hours home then isn't that a good fit into the end of the weekend? More time for pre match drinkees too. (I accept it's not great for Carlisle v Exeter).

I know it means missing "Heartbeat" or whatever Sunday night viewing is these days but is that too much of a hardship?
Sod all to do with whats on telly,as for more time for pre match drinkies, yes it gives the dickheads plenty of time to get rat arsed,that may suit you LordD, but i know plenty it don't.
smudgie likes this.
Old 18-01-2017, 21:30   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
So much for that rule, Duncan.
Just figured that on May 6th Sky are showing a match at 3pm between....guess who? Arsenal and Man Utd.
Still, I suppose those two are so rarely on telly that it's worth we cosseted League 2 fans making a little sacrifice, especially as it'll be pure joy for Orient fans to get from Blackpool, Plymouth fans from Grimsby, and Morecambe fans from Luton on Saturday night.
Sky won't have picked the fixture times that far yet for the premiership so it will be moved. Only games shown abroad and not in the UK can be shown between those times on a Saturday.

Only fixtures up to the end of February have been listed on the Sky site so far.

There is talk of trying to change the rule but it hasn't been yet.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..