Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2020, 11:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Finley

Well the word caravan makes his attempt to change the other word pretty pathetic.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2020, 11:40   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Don't know what he said or did but that seems a tad harsh, also received a £850 fine & told to attend 'face to face education'
Now you know what he said and his poor attempts to change the reference its quite clear why they've hammered him.
Should have come clean on day one.
Old 21-04-2020, 11:42   #18
Senior Member+

His previous record at Fylde didn't help either.
Old 21-04-2020, 11:54   #19
God Member

It was a game when feelings were running pretty high, not unusual against Dale - not excusing him & yes he should've admitted it at the start but I'm willing to bet there was some provocation which didn't get heard
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2020, 11:58   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

way i view it, if yeh got a bad record, yeh can expect nowt else.
Old 21-04-2020, 12:47   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
It was a game when feelings were running pretty high, not unusual against Dale - not excusing him & yes he should've admitted it at the start but I'm willing to bet there was some provocation which didn't get heard
Had that been the case then Sam could have made a complaint or referred to that in his defence as mitigation. He didn't. I like Sam as a fiery competitor but to me he's always got this in him be it verbal or physical.
Take it away from him and he's less effective I guess so the club has to take the rough with the smooth.
Could do with getting the season completed now because if we don't that's a large chunk of early next season he's missing.
Maybe offering Conneely fresh terms would be a good move now.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 21-04-2020, 14:16   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Had that been the case then Sam could have made a complaint or referred to that in his defence as mitigation. He didn't. I like Sam as a fiery competitor but to me he's always got this in him be it verbal or physical.
Take it away from him and he's less effective I guess so the club has to take the rough with the smooth.
Could do with getting the season completed now because if we don't that's a large chunk of early next season he's missing.
Maybe offering Conneely fresh terms would be a good move now.
Seeing as we have no budget plans for next season I think that isn't an option at the minute when June 30th comes round all out of contract players will be in a kind of limbo if the inadequate EFL doesn't get its act together, as for Finley my thoughts on him have been touched on this forum before his temperament and at times reckless immature behaviour don ,t warrant is talent or lack off to be a first choice IMHO.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2020, 14:28   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

gotta agree with andy, think we are in no position to offer anyone, as are most small clubs.
pifco, andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-04-2020, 17:37   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
His previous record at Fylde didn't help either.
Or losing his footing at Charlton last year as a number on here and within the club unsuccessfully floated ( not you before you spring into type).
Accept the point re bite to his game, but there are basic human standards for all.

Maybe social distancing and a face mask 😷 will add to his game going forward.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2020, 18:04   #25
Senior Member+

No need for that Simpson !
Old 22-04-2020, 10:24   #26
God Member

Quote:
exactly. if he,d have kept his mouth shut, then really did him in a bad tackle putting him out for the season he,d have been sent off and only got a three match ban. i know lots will disagree with me but it seems that name calling is actually worse than a violent action. much rather someone saying something to me than breaking my leg.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 14:21   #27
Senior Member+

Hardly just name calling though is it mate ?
Had he said you've got a backside wider than the channel tunnel then everyone laughs it off.
He didn't.
Old 22-04-2020, 15:02   #28
God Member

He,s actually banned for 10 games 2 for collecting 10 yellow cards that is virtually a quarter of a season liability.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 15:27   #29
Senior Member+

And contracted till 2021 ?
Old 22-04-2020, 16:46   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
He,s actually banned for 10 games 2 for collecting 10 yellow cards that is virtually a quarter of a season liability.
Not 100% sure but possibly would run concurrently?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..