Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2020, 16:48   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Finley

If the EFL bring in a pools panel to decide results, will that also count towards Sam's 10 matches?
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2020, 16:50   #32

Just had a little look at soccer base. In fairness to Sam his record has improved since Fylde, his first season there suggests 7 appearances in which he collected 3 reds and 4 yellows in the others.
His second season was another 3 reds and 12 yellows. One of the Reds seems to be when celebrating the teams 6th and his 2nd goal v Aldershot in a 7-1 victory!

On a more serious note, not a great look to be lying to a referee in the company of the manager.
Having read the transcript I note he attended the FA to discuss shortly after in early January which is what I heard at the time. I seem to recall him then missing a few games with an “injury” and assumed an accommodation with the FA had been reached, clearly not.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 16:59   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
If the EFL bring in a pools panel to decide results, will that also count towards Sam's 10 matches?
If only . . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 17:04   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
He,s actually banned for 10 games 2 for collecting 10 yellow cards that is virtually a quarter of a season liability.
I don't recall anyone calling him a liability when he scored the 95th minute winner against Lincoln, yes he made a mistake but let's hope he's learned from it & not start turning on our own players
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-04-2020, 17:42   #35
Senior Member+

No one’s turning on him just stating facts.
Hes needed on the pitch not sat in the stands and being brutally honest he’s let the fans down.
For Simpson’s sake we’ll smooth over Charlton !
Simpson likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 23:10   #36
Senior Member+

Interesting story on the Beeb, a Leicester Tigers player was banned for 10 weeks, but due to Coronavirus and the lockdown, he won't miss a match! As the season still has 9 games to go, I wonder if Sam will only miss one match next season?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2020, 09:48   #37
Senior Member+

No chance.
Para 15.1 - completed games.
Old 26-04-2020, 11:33   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Interesting story on the Beeb, a Leicester Tigers player was banned for 10 weeks, but due to Coronavirus and the lockdown, he won't miss a match! As the season still has 9 games to go, I wonder if Sam will only miss one match next season?
Unfortunately not, different rules for Rugby & Football although I don't see why
Old 26-04-2020, 12:20   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to be honest i dont think what he said is racist, many people use that term.
Old 26-04-2020, 12:24   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Many people are just like Finley then idiots.
Twenty Eight likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2020, 12:39   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Many people are just like Finley then idiots.
look in the mirror if yeh want one of them.
Old 26-04-2020, 13:35   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Unfortunately not, different rules for Rugby & Football although I don't see why
Nothing to do with different sports. One ban is for a period (10 weeks) the other is for completed games. That's the difference.
Old 26-04-2020, 13:39   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Mate - thousands of people use defammatory terms which are racist end of. Doesn't mean its acceptable. As a representative of Accrington he has a duty of care and failed miserably. Then lied, then came clean, when the lad he offended was going to attend the hearing.
Old 26-04-2020, 14:49   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Mate - thousands of people use defammatory terms which are racist end of. Doesn't mean its acceptable. As a representative of Accrington he has a duty of care and failed miserably. Then lied, then came clean, when the lad he offended was going to attend the hearing.
its only not acceptable to me cos the beanheads have made it so. i remember Bernard Manning being called racist cos of jokes he told, nothing was further from correct, but the clowns made it so.
Old 26-04-2020, 15:35   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Nothing to do with different sports. One ban is for a period (10 weeks) the other is for completed games. That's the difference.
But even so, surely the 10 weeks ban should be for a period of time when games are being played otherwise it's pointless
Outback Ozzy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..