Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2004, 16:51   #1

Five?!

What happened?
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2004, 17:15   #2
Roy
Administrator

Re: Five?!

Oh dear. That doesn't look good!!! 5-0 is a scary result. I to wonder what happened...
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 18:22   #3

Well Let Me Explain, Firstly, On The First Game Of The Season Our Manager Made A Big Balls Up And Didnt Put A Goalkeeper On The Bench. Our Keeper Got Injured, Had To Come Off And We Had To Stick Hanlon The Midfielder In Goal, Hanlon Made 3 Stupid Embarrassing Errors And We Lost 3-1, On Tuesday We Were Very Very Unlucky And Also Had Half Our Side Out With Injury, The Referee Was Terrible (you Know These Conference Refs Im Talking About) And We Lost 1-0. Today We Had Those Few Players Back And What A Difference It Made. You Must Of Been Led Into A False Sense Of Security And Thought You'd Have A Walkover. However, I Tell You Now That Boro Are Back And We Are Going To Be A Forse And Will Be Up There At The End. Guaranteed! I Feel Sorry For You Lads That Made The Trip Down Today, Good Luck With The Rest Of The Season And Give Woking And Barnet A Hammering For Us, It Always Raises A Smile :d
bestie boro! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 18:46   #4

just back home to Surrey from the fiasco at Stevenage. Started brightly but 3 breakaway attacks brought 2 goals and a tip against the post by Kennedy. Don't ask me where the defence were - I don't know and plainly neither did they. I remember looking at the clock for half time - it was only 3.15 but they'd been 2 up for ages and it got boring only threatening to get into their penalty area. Still Stevenage hadn't got that much up front, but they didn't need it !. Second half started and our back line kept parting like the Red Sea - think we thought Moses was their centre-forward. Our only shot of the first half was from Lee McE, who was falling over at the time and only threatened the far corner flag. Mullers & Lute were totally ineffective this afternoon and it was no wonder the Stevenage fans sang asking to play us every week - they'd soon get bored on this showing. Impressed by Craney & Bimpson.

Have never played defence so can't claim any expertise, but we were wide open in the middle, perhaps because we're using stop gaps - fish out of water 'n all that. Any road, it was Shotgun who came up with the answer as he led a band of sullen northern lads in single file - "best thing now is head for the bar " . I don't know if he was talking to the Accy faithful or to the team - or even if SBFC taken their fifth pressie by then.

Better shut up now before I feel like topping myself - one last thought though. If you were a goalie and facing the sun, wouldn't a cap be an idea. JK didn't seem to think so and I was dying to ask him - but didn't think I'd understand his reply. Don't know how the defence get on without an interpreter - well they didn't this afternoon. Keep smilin' - somebody's got to and I don't feel like it !
Alan.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 18:51   #5

Thanks longlostson for that....

Early lesson and reminder for us

Hope we learn ....

http://www.freewebs.com/luke429
Dudes this is my website
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 19:31   #6

Wink Re: Five?!

Hmm.......Looks like we'll have to send out an SOS for Smithy - even if he's not as good as the lads who let in five!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 20:03   #7
Full Member+

Unhappy Re: Five?!

You mean we were`nt beaten because there No Ten was tugging our lads shirts?? Still it`s early days yet and no doubt everyone got a b*ll*cking. I was getting a bit dizzy up there at the top of the league.
Old 21-08-2004, 22:57   #8
Junior Member+

don`t care what others think but the best centre backs we have seen so far are hughs who wasn`t even given a contract and howson who after playing well against crewe,pne and wolves does not get picked for the starting line up so far this season.
is it because he`s not a scouser .
boston boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 23:00   #9
Senior Member+

Lest we all forget, didn't we leak 5 against Gateshead and then never lost another match to gain promotion to the Conference. We can only hope, but god help Crawley next week.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 02:07   #10

Couldn't go today - checked result at halftime before pub duties and honestly wasnt too worried at 2-0. But 5-0! I will reserve judgement until I hear the away lad's report!
Old 22-08-2004, 02:21   #11
Senior Member+

Gutted by the result but dont we do this every year? wasnt it Telford last year and then not beaten for about 5 games, maybe its a cunning plan by the management one good hiding then on a march of triumph for the rest of the season, well its a thought!

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 08:26   #12
Senior Member+

One reason why we lost yesterday was simply we were abssolutely terrible the worst display from a Stanley side I have ever seen!.......the ticket prices at Stevenage were unbelievable!.......and to round it off we had a coach driver who didn't have a clue were we were going!........

But...............Keep the faith
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 11:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
One reason why we lost yesterday was simply we were abssolutely terrible the worst display from a Stanley side I have ever seen!.......the ticket prices at Stevenage were unbelievable!.......and to round it off we had a coach driver who didn't have a clue were we were going!........

But...............Keep the faith
Lol at least the coach journey back was a laugh
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 14:44   #14
Senior Member+

yeah it was the worse stanley game i have seen but we have got to keep are heads
high cmon stanley boys

talking about on the coach home....anyone fancie shovling s**t FRANK
Old 22-08-2004, 15:20   #15

lol.. dont start with that talk again

Back on topic.. Worst performance i've ever seen.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..