Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2010, 12:22   #1

Flags?

Firstly, I'd just like to congratulate you on the victory last night, you played some nice football but quite frankly, we wer just embarrassingly bad!
I was just wondering if you could clear an issue up for me, I'm not going to type it out again so I'll just link you to it. Apologies if there's already a thread regading flags but I haven't really had a proper look
Viewing a thread - Flags - I had to bring it up!
billyimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2010, 12:49   #2
God Member

Re: Flags?

The ban had come in force this week at the crown ground so even our beloved ultras cant bring flags in anymore - something to do with H&S & council but not 100% on facts.

Despite the lack of colour the support wasnt dampened & made up for it with the noise

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 12:54   #3
Full Member+

There's a bit about it in the match thread. The council and the club safety officers have got a bee in their bonnet about h&s and seem hell bent on ruining the unique atmosphere at our club. The stewards are probably only doing what they have been told but to be threatened with ejection is probably par for the course for the power crazy jobsworths. The memorial on the other hand is for a well loved stanley at heart fan who recently passed and quite rightly should be 'exempt' - although the ridiculous rules have no basis in h&s we have to follow them until common sense prevails. Sorry about your flags it would not be what the fans wanted to happen.
Old 18-09-2010, 14:06   #4
God Member

I wondered why there were no Flags it didn't dampen the atmosphere last night but the flags normally create a sea of colour not always visible when you are in the Clayton End itself but certainly in the main stand and it must spur the players on when they come out to a colourful & noisy Clayton End while perhaps having the opposite effect on away clubs?

The other strange one last night was being frisked before we entered the turnstiles at the Clayton End?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 14:14   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the flags were missed last night, shame but stupidity seems to rule these days.
Old 18-09-2010, 14:18   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Flags at home matchs.. its not the safty officer as on or two have said he ie Mick Schultz,has no opption but to inforce this H@S Issue!! Its been forced on the club by L.C.C who requirer safty certificats for all the fags.If they where treated with a fire retardent then their is'nt an issue.as far as i know Mick has e-mailed jase bout this some wks ago and hasdiscust this with him as wellso for the flagsto return they must be treated.
Old 18-09-2010, 14:21   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well aware of who its down too mab, its still rank stupidity.
Old 18-09-2010, 14:26   #8

Thanks for the replies. If it is due to the problems with fire, then I think we should have been allowed our fire retardant flags in . . . surely?
billyimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 14:26   #9
Senior Member+

Liverpool get around the "rules", so have Stanley for 10 seasons whilst we built our huge portfolio of colour. Stanley don't want to, simple, they tried to ban them last year & failed, Now they hide behind H&S ....

Stanley Ultras don't want to bolt seats in, remove snow nor trudge around North West towns shaking buckets....

Touche Amigos.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face, banners will be at Vale Park.... The mind boggles

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 14:43   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Liverpool get around the "rules", so have Stanley for 10 seasons whilst we built our huge portfolio of colour. Stanley don't want to, simple, they tried to ban them last year & failed, Now they hide behind H&S ....

Stanley Ultras don't want to bolt seats in, remove snow nor trudge around North West towns shaking buckets....

Touche Amigos.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face, banners will be at Vale Park.... The mind boggles
Don't blame yas, yeh never know jase, one day wi proper people running the show, things may change.
Old 18-09-2010, 17:23   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't blame yas, yeh never know jase, one day wi proper people running the show, things may change.
Hopefully as soon a possible Cashman!

Im never helping clear snow, bolt in seats, help with the ground etc ever again until they wake up and smell the coffee and get their acts together!

Its a joke , it really is! You`ve got more chance of setting fire to your greasy chip box!

What next? Fireproof clothes as they are flammable! Il go watch Stanley home and away but that's all, they can kiss my ass with everything else. If only off the field was as good as on it! Normally its the other way round or both together!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 17:49   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Hopefully as soon a possible Cashman!

Im never helping clear snow, bolt in seats, help with the ground etc ever again until they wake up and smell the coffee and get their acts together!

Its a joke , it really is! You`ve got more chance of setting fire to your greasy chip box!

What next? Fireproof clothes as they are flammable! Il go watch Stanley home and away but that's all, they can kiss my ass with everything else. If only off the field was as good as on it! Normally its the other way round or both together!
But it is NOT the club who are banning the flags, it is LCC and HBC Health and Safety officerswho are enforcing this ban. Mick if anything was fighting the fans corner. Please do not blame the club IT IS NOT THEM

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 18:26   #13
Full Member+

It is the lack of public support or even lack of showing awareness to the fans that has led to the opinion that the club is to blame. The fact that away fans are not aware they can't bring flags, the fact that a simple explanation of the h&s situation and an apology to fans for the resulting flag ban has not been made. The apparent lack of empathy for a group of fans often acknowledged as the team's 12th man. No details in public to stress what lengths they have gone to to try and ensure the flags can stay. It seems as though the club have just laid down and let the powers that be enforce the situation instead of putting up a fight in the name of common sense. This is why the club are at fault. Other clubs do not have these issues. It is not because we are being persecuted it is because the club have accepted it without trying to argue against it (apparently)
Old 18-09-2010, 19:20   #14
God Member

why not take them up coating applications up huncoat have word wi the manager they might like the free publicity
Old 18-09-2010, 20:03   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
they tried to ban them last year & failed, Now they hide behind H&S ....
This is the issue Outback Ozzy, the other question is what do they ban next, fat supporters in case the seats collapse???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..