Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2021, 08:54   #76
God Member

Re: Fleetwood away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
NEARLY as bad as some of the MOM selections I witnessed in the good old days when fans were there.
at least they gave us a laugh and something to talk about at the fag end of boring games. used to love billy kee but the number of times he got the award after an average game was unbelievable.
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2021, 15:20   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Depends on whether the keeper with the clean sheet has had a save to make happens many times, Baxter's performance,s since he made the starting 11 have been outstanding without looking through every game vastly contributing to our impressive points haul, even the very talented Savin who hopefully is benefiting from training and watching the lad will improve and go on to be a Stanley great, Baxter and I,ve seen a hell of a lot is fast becoming the best we have had between the sticks.
Not in the same league as Bavo though

MikeA and cashman like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 01-03-2021, 16:51   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well most of the time in my experience sponsored tables are full of people prepared to throw a few bib in out for an enjoyable day many of them never go near a football match and just conjour a man of the match for a laugh through mainly alcohol fuelled eyes, not really comparable to who picks EFL teams of the week.
So who do you think picks these teams and do you seriously think they've watched the games ?
Old 02-03-2021, 08:22   #79
God Member

Quote:
So who do you think picks these teams and do you seriously think they've watched the games ?
done that corporate thing once, not at stanley, but its something i,ll never repeat. think i was one of the few who actually attended games regularly and the only sober one for certain.
andyd likes this.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:30   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
done that corporate thing once, not at stanley, but its something i,ll never repeat. think i was one of the few who actually attended games regularly and the only sober one for certain.
Going back to the game and dont forget its opinions I posted Baxter has my mom apart from Hughes who having watched it had a better 90+minutes?
Old 02-03-2021, 09:27   #81
Senior Member+

Hughes was the stand out.
You can't give MOM to a keeper who blunders like Baxter did for the goal no matter what he did after.
Old 02-03-2021, 15:26   #82
God Member

Quote:
Hughes was the stand out.
You can't give MOM to a keeper who blunders like Baxter did for the goal no matter what he did after.
Absolute rubbish if it was a play off game or something similar and his performance got you through he or any keeper would be the hero stick to liking favourites as with anyone who has them it distorts their opinions on games.
cashman likes this.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:15   #83
God Member

Quote:
Absolute rubbish if it was a play off game or something similar and his performance got you through he or any keeper would be the hero stick to liking favourites as with anyone who has them it distorts their opinions on games.
a problem that rears its head in loads of games nowadays is that keepers make fantastic saves but somehow make one big mistake where if they are unlucky it leads to a goal. it would not have changed the result but i,d prefered him to have saved the shot and not the penalty.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:41   #84
Full Member+

Quote:
but it wasn't a play off game. he saved a mediocre penalty which helped us draw a game instead of losing.
he was also at fault for a goal conceded.
Not slating his performance but very bemused as to why you say he had a MOM performance.

This whole favouritism thing is absolutely ridiculous as well.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:27   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

This whole favouritism thing is absolutely ridiculous as well.
having a favourite and being a football fan go hand in hand and always have done. our own personal favourite does not mean they are to everone elses taste but thats the name of the game.
andyd likes this.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:58   #86
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
having a favourite and being a football fan go hand in hand and always have done. our own personal favourite does not mean they are to everone elses taste but thats the name of the game.
of course.
It was more aimed at someone who if you dare compliment your favourite player you are wrong, and if you criticise another player it's because they aren't a favourite.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:58   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
He didnt get us through tough did he ?
We drew ! He gave the equiliser away.
Andy - maybe there are certain players of whom you have distorted views. Give it a rest.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:23   #88
God Member

Quote:
He didnt get us through tough did he ?
We drew ! He gave the equiliser away.
Andy - maybe there are certain players of whom you have distorted views. Give it a rest.
Let it go throw your toys at something else.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:52   #89
Super Moderator

Gents;

Lets move on please

Thread closed
Chimer and andyd like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..