Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2019, 18:09   #16

Re: Fleetwood Match Thread EFL Trophy

Seven changes
Savin
Hughes
Edwards
Skyes
Sherif
Pritchard
mcconville
Maguire
Barclay
Bishop
Carvalho
Old 03-09-2019, 19:16   #17

Sherif replaced already as was on a yellow card, fleetwood player sent off
Old 03-09-2019, 19:50   #18
Senior Member+

At half time

Savin - looks composed and a solid reaction save
Hughes - does the overwhelming majority of distribution out of the back
Sykes - solid enough
Edwards - quiet game so far
Mcguire - not a left back or left wing back IMO, constantly putting the ball onto his right foot
Sherif - positional sense needs work, arguably worst Stanley player so far, doesn’t look good enough based on that first 30 mins before subbed
Finley - improvement over Sherif
Barclay - industrious , needs to influence the game more
Carvalho - not had any decent balls to feed him, quiet so far most of the action is on the left for Stanley until 40th minute.
McConville - okay so far, you can tell they see him as a threat
Bishop - works hard but lost more than he has won in the air
Pritchard - lively at times but holds onto the ball for too long, had a decent half chance at the back post with a header

Referee - crap, gave a decision the wrong way, gave Fleetwood a very soft free kick in the first 30 seconds, out of his depth. There red card was blatant but if Stanley hadn’t of reacted so angrily to the daft booking on Sherif for a nothing foul a minute earlier, he wouldn’t have given it.
Not to mention waving playing on when Finley went down with a head injury

Few decent players in the Fleetwood team, the right back Coyle and midfielder Demsey, 2 quality players at this level.

Suspect they will soon settle for a nil nil draw by 70 mins, Stanley need a goal to ruin there successful all behind the ball tactic
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 20:03   #19
God Member

You beauty !!!
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 20:21   #20
God Member

Sean !!!
Old 03-09-2019, 21:02   #21

Savin MOTM
StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 03-09-2019, 21:27   #22
God Member

Revenge is sweet.
Old 03-09-2019, 22:47   #23
Senior Member+

Dav, it’s now your job to start all the match threads, OK?
Old 04-09-2019, 02:24   #24
God Member

Just seen highlights on You Tube...1 question; Whats with our keeper wearing almost identical colours as the outfield strip?. It was only a very few years ago that we were told quite clearly that the keeper had to have completely different colours to avoid confusion. We were told it was a FIFA rule. Anyone enlighten me?
Old 04-09-2019, 06:51   #25
Senior Member+

Finley was my MOTM, change the game around for Stanley, opened up Fleetwood with some clever movement and passing.
The 2nd Stanley goal is all due to Finley instructing Carvalho where to go and making a run to occupy the fleetwood players.

Fleetwood are a good team, they will win more than they lose.
11 vs 11 they where the better team until the sending off.

Stanley have a lot of players with potential and who clearly have understood Coleman’s work ethic, a few obvious flaws in some of the players but with Coleman and Bell we know those who want to improve and apply themselves will do.

I hope Finley gets his contract extended
choirboy likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:46   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree but thought our young keeper earned his MOM. we messed about too much with the ball last 10 mins was a daft way to go imho,
Wynonie Harris and choirboy like this.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:53   #27
Senior Member+

Agree with Dav and Cashman on the whole.
I honestly think that had Fleetwood kept 11 players on the pitch that they would have beaten us, probably by a couple of goals. In the last fifteen minutes of the first half and the first thirty of the second half when Fleetwood had position of the ball we just couldn't get it off them. They were very good in possession and skilful.
It is a real shame that they resorted to the typical Joey Barton tactics of foul play. The other week 'Cheat' Evans clearly bated McConville and got him sent off! He knew exactly what he was doing. Last night they tried a similar 'set up' but the 'tackle' was more physical than actually intended. IMHO the intention was to get a reaction from Sean Mac and see again what the ref would do!
That apart, Stanley played some of our squad who have not had much playing time. As Dav said, Savin was very good and this will do his confidence a lot of good. Edwards had a steady match and showed further proof of his recovery from injury and of his match fitness. Pritchard is continuing to impress with his skill and drive and confidence on the ball. Bishop didn't get as much service as on Saturday but when he got on the ball he looked dangerous.
We should have been given a penalty late on when Bishop broke through and was going to get to the ball before their keeper. He was cleverly pulled back by his arm which twisted him round and knocked him off balance.

I was sat in line with the incident immediately behind the assisant referee who chose not to see it! He got some verbal grief by all of us sat in that area of the stand for not doing his job properly! Should have been a penalty and a red card IMHO.
Once we scored our second goal we did finally dominate the ten men but allowed them a consolation goal in the 93rd minute.
A good run out for some of our fringe players and new boys and John and Jimmy will have learnt a bit more about them.

ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:05   #28
Senior Member+

Well as far as the Paint Pot goes, I actually enjoyed last night's game. By the looks of the team sheet Coleman is taking it seriously and why not, it's a chance of Wembley at the end of the day.

Needless to say I don't think there's much love lost between our lads and Fleetwood, which was quite obvious looking at the amount of early fouls. No surprise with the sending off or the early sub of Sheriff who looked a certain red card, fair play to take him off before the inevitable happened.

Have to say i thought Carvalho had a great 60-70 minutes , obviously he tired towards the end which was understandable considering he probably hasn't played as many minutes for quite a while.

Also must mention Savin in goal. For a young lad in his first ever senior game I thought he was magnificent. Did not put a foot wrong until his little rush of blood in the 89th minute. Fair play young man........... Not quite sure where Bursik was ?? Anyone know ??
cashman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:17   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought the substitution of sheriff was the first sensible substitution i have seen this season we also wondered were Bursik was.
smudgie likes this.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:24   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not a case of not being bothered Cashy, I've voiced my feelings about this competition before & they haven't changed. Always attended these games in the old format but once the under 21's teams from the 'big boys' were invited in, sorry but I didn't agree with it & still don't.
And, if we did get to Wembley in this competition it would be so hard but I would not go on principal
really understand your point of view but i,m sure carrying a principle if Stanley got to wembley and not going is carrying it a bit too far. could be the one and only chance and i could no way miss a chance like that.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
efl trophy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..