Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2012, 21:16   #76
God Member

Re: Fleetwood Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That puts us up to 14th, 5 points of play off places with a game in hand - it'll do for me
7 points off automatic with a game in hand sounds better
Old 20-11-2012, 22:04   #77
Senior Member+

Just back from game,and I didn't see that performance coming!,Playing 4-4-2 away from home was a master stroke ,the team from front to back played as a unit,fleetwood passed and probed,but everyone was switched on and defended really well.
Linfield was excellent and worked his socks off,and once again Miller was superb.
But it was Liam's plan B,were the credit lies,Beattie led the line and he really is too good for league 2,they couldn't handle him and he was just class,and Bocco buzzing around him caused havoc..
The teams shape just blocked the channels up and counter attacked them at pace.
Big plus ,TOTO is back and was a rock and will give Liam a selection problem on Saturday.
Ps we started with no loanees !,
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 23:38   #78

Just bk from tues nite football my team win 3-0 . Then get told accy win so no more away days tues last one o-0 morscum.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 01:27   #79
Senior Member+

grimps t'was 3-1 but who's counting HAPPY DAYS
Old 21-11-2012, 02:51   #80
God Member

Magic, just MAGIC.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:20   #81
Senior Member+

Away from the field - superb facilities at Highbury.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 10:04   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Away from the field - superb facilities at Highbury.
Yeh suppose it makes up someway fer no points.
Old 21-11-2012, 10:37   #83
Senior Member+

My brief analysis of last night's game echoes much of what's been already said..
Ian D...did all that we have come to expect and admire about his goalkeeping this season,
The performance of the Back Four outlined the fact that Leam's defensive nous is clearly having the desired effect and a couple of the blocks from powerful shots showed that they are willing to lay it all on the line for him !.
The midfield duo supported by Lee and the Prince of Benin controlled and saw off all that Ferguson MBE and his lot could muster.
The performance of James Beattie showed the class and expertise built up via a career at the highest levels..with clever hold-up play..his winning and placement of headers...and his link-up with Rommy in particular...and who could forget THAT audacious forty-yarder which no-one, including the Smelly-ones goalkeeper expected and almost created the goal of the season !!..
Another bouquet must go to Leam Richardson who 'got it right on the night'....both tactically , and for preparing his team to provide a performance which overshadowed their opponents all over the field !.
My final cry is ..' FIAT LUX !!..
Now I know that my eyesight doesn't function quite as well as it has done over the years...BUT was it my optical shortcomings, or does the Highbury Stadium really have the worst set of Floodlights in the Football League ??..especially as they can boast high-tech turnstiles....high-tech loos wherein the 'receptacles' were actually compatible with my stature !....AND high tech Meat and Potato Pies which were passable ( Crust slightly overbaked.....yet tastily filled !) ..£3.OO ?.
But I mustn't allow the fact that I couldn't make out just why the Reds were awarded the penalty...or see the flag in the far corner detract from the fact that it was a great result...a great performance from our Team...and an entertaining and satisfying night out...SO THERE !.

Last edited by yonmon; 21-11-2012 at 10:42. Reason: questionable grammar !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 11:37   #84
Senior Member+

The facilities in the main stand were first class,but what about the playing surface!,not seen any better and went to pitch side to check it was not astro-turf!!!.
Nice touch was a women walking around selling chicken soup from a barrel on her back,different to say the least.
Old 21-11-2012, 12:01   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
The facilities in the main stand were first class,but what about the playing surface!,not seen any better and went to pitch side to check it was not astro-turf!!!.
Nice touch was a women walking around selling chicken soup from a barrel on her back,different to say the least.
Are you sure it WAS soup 19 ??...We thought that she was a lady Ghostbuster looking for the 'Highbury Ghosts ' !!...
( Cue Ray Parker Jnr !! )....true about that Billiard Table of a pitch though !!.
Old 21-11-2012, 13:10   #86
Senior Member+

Now you come to mention it,she did look like a ghost buster
Old 21-11-2012, 14:02   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Beattie starts tonight, should be a good un.imho.
Hate to say it. But i told yeh so.
Old 21-11-2012, 14:36   #88
Senior Member+

[quote=cashman;1028820]Hate to say it. But i told yeh so.[/quote]

Like Hannibal Smith says....""I love it when a plan comes together." !.
Old 21-11-2012, 17:07   #89
Senior Member+

Yonmon summed the performance up perfectly. A great start to be two up so early on. Beattie played a huge part in leading the line and he worked very hard too. Great to see a bigger forward able to climb above their defenders and win lots of ball. His lay offs were great, especially to Rommy Boco who linked well with him. Molineaux is super in midfield and he is such a creative passer. Some of his passing and thinking reminds me of Beckham at is best a few years ago. Wonder if Leam could be audacious again and offer Beckham the chance to play for us??!!! Toto did well. Bavs super again as were the Stanley fans.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 17:37   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
grimps t'was 3-1 but who's counting HAPPY DAYS
He's talking about the game he went to before coming home and seeing Stanley had won.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..