Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 21:22   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Fleetwood thread

Somebody give us {who can't be there**a report on the game. How can a team who "can't score" stick 3 up us? and nothing from us?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2013, 21:23   #47
Senior Member+

Can’t blame the Ref for this defeat, we were never at the races,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:23   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Still it has brought the beanheads out.
Old 12-03-2013, 21:24   #49
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Never ever left a football match before the final whisle,but to night i could'nt stay any longer
Old 12-03-2013, 21:30   #50
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Somebody give us {who can't be there**a report on the game. How can a team who "can't score" stick 3 up us? and nothing from us?
Jon Parkin was the diffrence between the teams, class finishing simple!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 21:47   #51

Just back after watching a truly awful display by us. The manager needs to take a good look at himself, the team and tactics tonight. This game was the first of 3 home games in a week that will define our season and go a long way to determine our future as a club. It was also a local derby and if all that isn't motivation enough for the players, there's enough material there for the manager to pick through and get the preparations right to be the team going out inspired, full of energy and eager to win.

We showed no fight, had no one who wanted to take responsibility, showed no heart and I didn't see anything to suggest the players were fired up and really wanted it tonight - the manager must bear some responsibility for a meek display. We need lions. Only Linganzi, Boco and Molyneux came away with any credit tonight.

If you're going to play Beattie and Jeffers, complement it with tactics that gives them some quality service.

Leam is not up to this job at this stage of his career as motivating the team for tonight should have been easy and they didn't look up for it at all. Very disappointed.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:53   #52
Senior Member+

We're do I start !, we simply can't play 4-4-2,simple.We were rigid/no one taking responsibility,and played with two statues up front.
They had Parkin and Ball (little and large)and pulled us everywhere.good movement,power,strength and great finishing,can honestly say we're unplayable at times,but its the worst I have seen Dean play for years,no excuses,simply not good enough.
They were better than us all over the pitch,we were wary of the pitch,they played it brilliantly.
They could have easily just gone direct,but played thro midfield on numerous occasions.
Defensively,they were great,Atkinson was exceptional(and he's only just got back in the team!).
My biggest moan is why we pulled Liddle off,when he was our best defender,made no sense to me.
Positives,Bocco,Linganzi and Liddles performance,no one else for me turned up.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:06   #53

Tonight we saw two poor sides BUT, one had a good finisher. My Beattie has had his chance but he is just taking up space in the team. If he had anything about him he would walk. He's had enough games and opportun ities to show his worth. But he has nothing to offer. We looked better with the young subs on. Playing Jeffers, pushes Boco outside but he is more effective in the centre. We looked better with a combination of Grey, Boco and Linganzi in forward roles. Moly gives us something extra. Wilson is similar in style to Moly but he is not good enough to start. Back four just about OK. We missed any sort of link up play and distribution from the midfield. Murphy is getting better at breaking up play when we don't have the ball but his passes when he wins the ball are poor. Leam. well he's had his chance and has failed. He is taking Stanley down and I won't forgive him for that. Saw my last game of the season tonight. No More. I just can't watch any more.

I wish Stanley all the luck on Saturday.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:06   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I have no words tonight after witnessing that. Just a deep sadness.
Redraine We know exactly what you mean and are comforting each other with the remnants of the Baileys infused coffee we bring to keep us warm. But I have to refer to 'the love that dare not speak its name'.

What on earth were Jeffers or Beattie doing out there?

What have we become? 80s band Altered Images first single was the fantastic if forgotten non-hit 'Dead Pop Stars' featuring the unforgettable first line 'Dead Popstars rotting in the studio.....'(the second line is even more prescient but not relevant here-Im sure itll be on You Face or whatever its called.)I dont want the Crown Ground or whatever I'm meant to call it now to become 'the studio'....It also brings to mind Viz comic's Fulchester United's flirtations with lower league oblivion in 'Billy the Fish' and the necessity to add to the Red Fox/Johnny X partnership with 'glitz for the sake of glitz' signings of the calibre of Shakin'Stevens and Mick Hucknall out of Simply Red..............

How many times did Jeffers touch the ball? Who are those flick-ons from Beattie meant for? How many shots from outside the box? Why will nobody take responsibility on the pitch? Where is the hunger? The urgency? Why does it take twenty seconds for us to take a throw-in? Every match- not just tonight.? Why is there absolutely no resilience when we concede? I backed Leam's appointment to the hilt but I do not understand the use of people like Beattie and Jeffers. I feel so, so sorry for real triers like Boco who is professional in every match. Why are players of skill and guile like Molyneux used as 'impact players'? When will Lindfield, and Bavs people who give their all for the reds be back?

I cheerfully admit to knowing little about football. But I do feel qualified to make other observations.

The lack of desire was terrifying. I was sat near to the dugout. I am fascinated by non-verbal communication- its a good job watching Leam and Lodgey and Stephenson because there's precious little in the way of words, or expressed passion. Lodgey'll come on and bark something at Dean winnard. Leam will wave a finger in the air and repeatedly point. And the NVC on the pitch tells its own story.

This is what needs to change-whoever is responsible for it. That is what will send us down, not dodgy officials or towering centre halves.

Pay some money for a decent motivational psychologist. And get somerbody/anybody to face some home truths about our ex-England internationals - Carver, Podge (when fit)Moly, they at least would show some passion. There was none tonight

That's my seventeen quids sorry tuppenceworth
yonmon likes this.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:29   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Yes,I agree,BUT Colman would not command the dressing room because he left mid season. i sincerely doubt any other manager bought in would have success at this stage though it would be a better option than Colman.
the mind boggles with a statement like that, it really does.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:32   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Smudgie suggested a Colman return in an earlier post (about the time we went 3-0 down).

its complete tosh, that a dressing room would not welcome back coleman because he left mid season for a team in a higher division.

your logic is simply insane.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:38   #57
God Member

Can't be bothered going into it. We might as well have had eleven turds wrapped in red cloth for all the good that shower did tonight. Leave it at that.

See you all on Saturday.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:52   #58

Sorry also wanted to say regardless of our defending (esp 2nd and third goals) it was one of the best hat-tricks I've ever seen live. A glorious and for a big bloke athletic volley, a wonderfully composed second and a beautiful flick on third. Last time I said that was erm....Akinfenwa a few weeks ago

That aside I'd never seen him play live before. He has fantastic touch and balance for a big bloke. He terrified our back line.

Easy to spot this weakness in the videos other teams must watch to prep.

We need to run at them and impose from the kick off. We need runners. And we need to keep the ball. We cant keep hoofing to 21 for the oh so predictable inch perfect flick-on to no-one in particular usually the opponents.............

There I go again, exposing my complete and utter lack of understanding again. sorry.

I'm sorry, just feel a bit cheesed off with it all

I'll be bellowing again on Saturday, I'm sure...............
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 23:23   #59
Senior Member+

Think for most on here this is a low point never experienced for many a year and we are discussing the fall out of this game and potential relegation but what I genuinely do not know is who is actually making the day to day, week to week and month to month decisions on how our club is run. How have we been allowed to get into this situation and more importantly how are we going to get out of it and who will make these very important decisions..I would like to know and if anyone could enlighten me I would be most appreciative. Cheers
Old 12-03-2013, 23:33   #60
bdc

Not really much to say on top of what has been said already. I could only really say that Lingazi and Boco were any players to come out with any credit today. Tactics were wrong from the start of the game and I really don't think Jeffers is the type of player we need. He seemed very lazy tonight and disinterested in chasing any balls beyond the end of his feet. I didn't understand the wisdom in playing Jeffers and Beattie together and having no Molyneux on the left to provide service to them.

The tipping point for me was when we were 3-0 down and Leam takes off a striker and brings on a midfielder to play one up top when we needed goals. Why not bring Carver on and give him a chance to prove himself, he cant do any worse! I really think that Dunbavin coming back is a timely boost and I hope he is fit enough to be back in by next Tuesday, he is a far better keeper than Rachubka and this will improve the team. I really think we should play Rommy off one of the strikers, this is his best position and Molyneux is better at LM instead of Wilson.

Time is running out and the next 2 games will decide our fate, if we play with the effort we did tonight I think we will be going down. There was no fight in the performance tonight and the players don't seem to care. Hard to believe we finished 5th the other season.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..