Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2013, 07:36   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Fleetwood thread

I don't get on many games nowadays due to no longer living in the county, but managed to get over last night.

I wasn't expecting very much, but from highlights I'd seen and discussion on here, I thought I'd see a really battling performance from a team filled with belief and a desire to survive in the league.

As it transpired I saw a team that ran around a lot, but lacked many of the basics needed to be even slightly effective. I can honestly say that at the end of the evening I had no idea what was going on. The players worked hard physically, but they seemed to have no idea what it was they were supposed to be doing. That has to be down to the leadership behind the team.

I was telling a Blackpool fan in work about last night and he said it was exactly the same when they had Colin Hendry in charge. Lots of effort, but no real idea of how to organise tactics or organise themselves. As soon as Simon Grayson took over it changed instantly. No change of staff, just a change of leadership.

I feel a real sadness in what's happening and totally frustrated that there's a powerlessness to do anything about it. Shame really.
Old 13-03-2013, 07:43   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
My biggest moan is why we pulled Liddle off,when he was our best defender,made no sense to me.
Apart from Boco he was also the best attacker the team had last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Can't be bothered going into it. We might as well have had eleven turds wrapped in red cloth for all the good that shower did tonight. Leave it at that.

See you all on Saturday.
I couldn't decide all night which was winding you up the most, the performance on the pitch or the situation in the stand.

Have to say since I was on the end of a 21-1 defeat in my playing days I can't think of a more toothless performance of that last night, which says a lot when I've seen some pretty awful performances over the years down the road. Why start with a 9 man team ?
Old 13-03-2013, 07:43   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

There are no excuse fer such n inept performance,given our circumstances,sod all else to say at the moment.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:08   #64
Super Moderator

I don't have a sophisticated grasp of tactics, but I know when I'm being conned. We were being conned last night, With two or three exceptions, most of 'em don't give a toss - they're just turning up and drawing a wage. No passion, no commitment, no fight. An insult to us loyal supporters who still turn up.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:43   #65

We have built a team around has-been living off former glories. We should be building around Boco and Lingazni how are a class above every ****** else in a red shirt. We started to play football after Beattie went off. Parkin was spectacular - we cant handle big CFs
Wynonie Harris and smobile like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 08:53   #66

We were shocking!!! Nothing to add to previous comments, but the lack of effort by the two former Internationals, means they are simply here for spending money.

I never walk off early and have supported thr Reds MAN AND BOY, BUT HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A SHAMBLES AS THIS SEASON. There will be no season tickets purchased by us next year. Alvi
KiTChener likes this.
tonyalveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 09:17   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Cooky is there in the directors box aparently.

Disgrace.
100% Agreed - He started this fiasco of a season
AccyMad and sparkie like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 09:27   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalveston View Post
We were shocking!!! Nothing to add to previous comments, but the lack of effort by the two former Internationals, means they are simply here for spending money.

I never walk off early and have supported thr Reds MAN AND BOY, BUT HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A SHAMBLES AS THIS SEASON. There will be no season tickets purchased by us next year. Alvi
Thats yer choice tony, i shall renew n have also supported when a boy, they may be crap at this point, but they are my crap,simple as.
Old 13-03-2013, 09:36   #69
Senior Member+

Now the dust has settled i will try and work out what went wrong!!.
On paper they had a slightly better team than us,but i thought home advantage would cancel that out.
Bdc was right what he said about Parkin.I know hes a big name in this league and he was un-playable last night,6-4tall and a touch/technique to die for,i now know,upto 12 months ago, why he was playing at the top end of the championship(cardiff etc..).
We just couldnt get near him,as his touch and strength were top drawer.
To combat this you have to stop the supply and have a defensive mid on his toes,thats why i dont like 4-4-2,as murph and linganzi had there own men to worry about.Once again,its 4-3-3 for me.
There winger,Brown looked a real handful (already has 12 goals) and i thought Lids played him well and also got forward.
Linganzi,once again grew into the game,and should be given a free role,showing a willingness to get forward.
In the end tho,you cant play with nine men,and Jeffers should have been sent off for pushing his head into someones face(seen it all before)when he realised he wasnt going to get a kick all night.
Beattie and Jeffers havnt done anything for the past five years,even struggled at resis level in the past,and these type of players dont want to try and chase or attempt to turn bad balls into good ones,i ve seen it all before,and football people see straight thro it.
One thing to come out of it,is our young centre backs will learn from playing against a quality player at the top of his game,and thats why there centre backs were outstanding,as they have to mark him in training every day !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 09:37   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I shall renew n have also supported when a boy, they may be crap at this point, but they are my crap,simple as.

Totally Agree Cashy , Same here
Old 13-03-2013, 09:58   #71
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats yer choice tony, i shall renew n have also supported when a boy, they may be crap at this point, but they are my crap,simple as.
...as will I!
Old 13-03-2013, 10:13   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Apart from Boco he was also the best attacker the team had last night.

I couldn't decide all night which was winding you up the most, the performance on the pitch or the situation in the stand.

Have to say since I was on the end of a 21-1 defeat in my playing days I can't think of a more toothless performance of that last night, which says a lot when I've seen some pretty awful performances over the years down the road. Why start with a 9 man team ?
The situation in the stand shouldn't have been allowed to happen & it was made even harder to swallow by the lack of performance by most of the team - I have rarely felt so flat after a game than I did last night, couldn't even raise my emotions to feel gutted. I have been convinced that we will not go down but last night was the first time I began to get worried.
Nevertheless, will be there on Saturday - hopefully our Norwegian friends attending the game will bring some luck with them & our lads will realise they need to pull all the stops out & put in a shift as they did against Cheltenham & Torquay - here's hoping
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 10:36   #73
Senior Member+

My return last night to the 'field of dreams' has left me both shocked and baffled !!.
Shocked to witness a team whose joint commitment, effort, and desire to win should have been so vital to the very survival of the Stanley as a Football League Club nevertheless contained seven players who appeared to be either disinterested in the task to hand, or worse still seemed to give the whole thing up as a bad job when Fleetwood's first goal went in !!...that last bit being a sad indictment on any player at any level !!.
The element that baffled me altogether arose from the memories of that night at The Highbury Stadium where not that long ago The Reds played Fleetwood Town off the pitch
.... and my thoughts are How, Where, and Why has the transformation into the shapeless outfit of individuals presented to us last night come about ??.....Why even Football19's keen analytical observations at half-time were highlighted by this very point...if 'no shape and running around getting nowhere !' were to be believed.

My last thoughts as I sank into a fitful sleep last night were once again...and I don't want to bore you folks...Who in the current squad is going to score enough goals to ensure a desperately needed victory and the 10 or more points required for survival ??...Sir Bobby Robson's simple equation was, and still rings true.. " Score some goals and you'll win more games than you lose....Fail to score and you'll be relegated " .
Like Cashy I reckon that I'll be a Stanley supporter for many more reasons than the current situation holds for us !!.....BUT I want the team to be one that I can have some pride in supporting and who share in my desire for it's success !......
See you on Saturday !!.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 11:17   #74
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=mab;1046434]Jon Parkin was the diffrence between the teams, class finishing simple!!![ /QUOTE]

Perhaps so Mark ....but Fleetwood had a team of eleven players.....against which our three or four 'triers' had little chance !!....
Something desperately wrong somewhere !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 12:14   #75

Read a lot of drivel on here about tactics and formations after last nights game with people trying to complicate the subject with 'analysis'!!

Football's a simple game and last night we wernt competitive enough, didnt work hard enough, defended poorly and had absolutely no contribution from our 'international' strike force.

There is a reason why these two (Beattie & Jeffers) were without a club when we got them - they are both finished.

Last half hour when Gray and Molyneux came on we at least had a bit of a spark, a few corners and attempts on goal.

In a nutshell:
Goalkeeper is suspect.
Back 4 were all over the place
Murphy cant pass, Lingazi lacks discipline
Boco looked lively
Beattie and Jeffers embarrassing

For me hes got to leave the dynamic duo out on sat - play Gray, play Molyneux
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..