Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2013, 12:53   #76
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Fleetwood thread

Everyone has an opinion frank, but to say tactics and formations are drivel really is laughable.Have you been involved in a coaching environment ? , what do you think pro teams do during the week ?,play a bit of five a side and a few doggies !!.
The weeks training is geared up to who you are playing ,strengths/weaknesses,then you work on shape and patterns of play to exploit it.
To the layman it's called structured coaching.
You can't legislate for basic mistakes or quality play,that's football,that's why Blackburn beat arsenal,sat deep,two banks of four and waited for one chance,do you think it was there game plan or luck?,you have made me smile anyway
yonmon likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2013, 13:43   #77
Member.

Re: Fleetwood thread

This to me is the outcome of over zealous accounting and the reliance on hand to mouth management of managing the manager.

Colman & Bell where dispirited and deflated towards the end of their last full season so I guess the rot started there, prior to that there was a financial reluctance to sign contracts that would possible have kept key players in a Red Shirts. Maybe.

Most of us wanted Cook on board when Coley & Jimmy left and like everyone else I felt let down and deserted when he jumped ship; but why did someone so Stanley go? Was it greed, a professional judgement or could he not continue his role because of internal divisions. It's happened before. Maybe.

We all wanted Leam to get a fair crack at the whip and so he should have; but now I'd ask Leam to (in his own words) to have a fight, a fight with his conscience and make a decision on his future and that of our Club.

Personally I would ask Leam to consider his own relegation into second or third place; based on who the club bring in to save us from a slow and painful crawl into non existence; I don't think it will end in relegation to non league, I think it will open the door marked History and the end of this Club.

Fleetwood out played us. They want promotion (they won't get it this year) but they have investment; they took out a great manager and replaced him with a man manager with a heart in the game and a will to prove himself; it was an investment in their club's future.

Who owns Accrington Stanley? Who's making the decisions and the investment in the clubs future?

This starts at the top with investment; invest in a Manager or Management Team, proven individuals for the last seven or eight games, get shut of the dead wood and get the guys that have scored goals up front.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 14:00   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Everyone has an opinion frank, but to say tactics and formations are drivel really is laughable.Have you been involved in a coaching environment ? , what do you think pro teams do during the week ?,play a bit of five a side and a few doggies !!.
The weeks training is geared up to who you are playing ,strengths/weaknesses,then you work on shape and patterns of play to exploit it.
To the layman it's called structured coaching.
You can't legislate for basic mistakes or quality play,that's football,that's why Blackburn beat arsenal,sat deep,two banks of four and waited for one chance,do you think it was there game plan or luck?,you have made me smile anyway
If you read my post again you'll realise I didnt say tactics and formations are are drivel, I actually said there had been a lot of drivel written about them on here - get your facts right.

Just to put your mind at rest I'm an ex-pro and ex manager with a UEFA coaching qualification, and actually at one of the pro clubs I played for virtually all we did was play 5 a side and a few doggies!

methinks you are are the one with a lack of knowledge my friend and you come on here trying to bafffle with bullsh1t, please feel free to carry on because it definitely makes me smile!!
Outback Ozzy, smudgie and Reamer like this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 14:57   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What i find odd about the post yeh made Frank, is n ex-pro as yeh claim would knock other pros, i.e. Beattie @ Jeffers? That speaks volumes to me.
Old 13-03-2013, 15:18   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What i find odd about the post yeh made Frank, is n ex-pro as yeh claim would knock other pros, i.e. Beattie @ Jeffers? That speaks volumes to me.
In the words of Roy Walker 'say what you see'!

Are they above criticism? Why shouldnt I knock them? I dont know them, I am a spectator, I pay my money and follow the team, my feelings for Stanley far outweigh any 'fellow comrade' superficial loyalty you hint at
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 15:26   #81
Senior Member+

Interesting comments frank,just for your info,if you pm me,I will scan you my qualifications just to clear that up.FYI i played semi pro football and pro rugby,that's means nothing
On my coaching cv,I have 15 lads who got signed up(our capt will confirm that),that meaning nothing!,but if you have been involved in coaching,I am amazed with your comments,
Your right , I disagreed with a lot of Charlie Hughes ideas,but others swore by them,coaching and tactics is subjective.
Interested to here who you managed and played for,I am 50 years old and am familiar with most leagues/academies,maybe we have common ground ,look forward to your reply
Old 13-03-2013, 15:31   #82
Junior Member+

Remember calling Akinfenwa a fat B then he put 3 past us?
Some people never learn
Mr Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 15:59   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
Some people never learn
Which has what to do wi this? yeh lost me.
Old 13-03-2013, 16:17   #84

Re: Re: Fleetwood thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Which has what to do wi this? yeh lost me.
I think its the common factor of fat strikers scoring hattricks against us
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 17:00   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Ok well both of em are fat, that dont detract from the fact there good uns does it.
Old 13-03-2013, 18:17   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
If you read my post again you'll realise I didnt say tactics and formations are are drivel, I actually said there had been a lot of drivel written about them on here - get your facts right.

Just to put your mind at rest I'm an ex-pro and ex manager with a UEFA coaching qualification, and actually at one of the pro clubs I played for virtually all we did was play 5 a side and a few doggies!

methinks you are are the one with a lack of knowledge my friend and you come on here trying to bafffle with bullsh1t, please feel free to carry on because it definitely makes me smile!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
In the words of Roy Walker 'say what you see'!

Are they above criticism? Why shouldnt I knock them? I dont know them, I am a spectator, I pay my money and follow the team, my feelings for Stanley far outweigh any 'fellow comrade' superficial loyalty you hint at
O.K. what i mean is simple to understand, Yeh say in yer opinion theres a lot of drivel written about it on here, As a spectator same as i, yer entitled to yer opinion, But by stating yer qualifications then i mean thats a bit more, its talking down to people as far as i'm concerned, In my opinion most ex pros do not knock other pros, so to me yer in a minority in that respect, or yer full of bull, i don't know which, is that clear enough fer yeh?
Redash, yonmon and football19 like this.
Old 13-03-2013, 18:17   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post

.Sam !. Apart from Aki..Aki.. You know that big lad at Northampton !!....I can't actually remember that many fat strikers scoring Hat-tricks against the Reds !!.

And Jon Parkin fat ???....Well ?... Able-bodied, athletic, beefcake, beefy, big, brawny, bruising, bulky, gorillalike, hefty, hulking, hulky, hunk, muscular, powerful, stocky, strapping, strong, sturdy, well-built he certainly is....But from where I was sitting last night definitely NOT Fat !!.

So that just leaves us with young Saheed Adebayo the scourge of Sixfields who I would describe using the old Lancashire-ism as being merely 'Stiff-built' rather than 'FAT'...would you agree ??.
football19 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 18:26   #88
Senior Member+

I want a stewards enquiry about his height,he looked 7'-4" to me.Quote of the night was a young kid who shouted to him whilst he was waiting to take a throw - " hey,no Parkin here tonight ! ",made him smile,came across as a decent bloke
Old 13-03-2013, 18:32   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
Some people never learn
It's how football is, always was and always will be. Banter that bites you back in the rear end.
Old 13-03-2013, 18:56   #90
God Member

The difference between being a class apart and being washed up was made visible by the opposite strike forces. Jon Parkin was the best player on the park. Beattie & Jeffers were embarrassing.

View From The Cow Shed: The Dark Night: Fleetwood's Revenge
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..