Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2011, 08:00   #1

Footy manager

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but it is to do with Stanley

I'm currently off work with a bad ankle so I'm taking the time to play a bit of football manager. I started a season a couple of days ago with Stanley and just missed out on the playoffs because of 1 team, yes you guessed it STEVENAGE So I've just started my 2nd season and I've resigned "the back bone" of the team but added a few quality additions and I'm currently unbeaten in the league after 7 games and sitting in 3rd position
"We're havin' a party when Stanley go uppp"

Anyone else play FM on here? I'm not a big fan and a bit of a noob at it so I thought I did wel seems though we was tipped for relegation
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2011, 08:04   #2
God Member

Re: Footy manager

I play Trophy Manager, thats seriously addictive...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 08:31   #3

4-1-4-1 and Stanley went up first. But I arranged too many contracts ahead of League One and couldn't be bothered sorting out this mess...
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 11:02   #4

Not played any of the latest ones but my old trick was go to prem teams and get 3 reserve/youth players on year long loans - don't even offer to pay their wages. Try and get 1 CB, 1 CM and 1 STR this way. You can play up to 5 loan players in a game - so get another 2 loan players on short term loans, again from big clubs. I know on FM09 stanley were linked with Liverpool and so could get a lot of players from there.

Apart from that look for players approaching end of contract that are worth a lot of cash - offer a 10th of the value - you might just get it.

Then go after ex-stanley players who are out of contract (ie Brett Omerod).

Finally after the first season look for the players you had on loan from big clubs who have been released - offer them a contract they are more likely to sign for you if they have played for you before on loan.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 12:09   #5

that's what i did and ended up buying 4 of the 5 lads i had on loan .. I'm currently in the playoffs but I've just lost my last 2
boooo Lukeo out!
Old 28-05-2011, 13:00   #6
Senior Member+

i too finished 8th in my 1st season as stanley boss, signed fabien brandy on a free and he banged 29 goals in 37 games.and similar in his 2nd.worth a look at him, his stats are a bit but he certainly bangs em in . 2nd season i got loads of free sigings and loans, 2 very good mids from manc utd, james and a.n other (the name evades me) and middleborough have just offered his contract clause (1.2 mill, which i thought no 1 would offer) for him so looks like he's off to better climes unfortunately but the money will be well spent, plus ben mee from city at the back, played 3 central defs, 2 wing backs, 3 central mids and 2 up front, i finished 2nd and obviously got promoted, and was only 2 point off winning the lg, im currently on an 18 game unbeaten run, but my 1st game in lg 1 starts when i next play so here's hoping lol....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 13:25   #7
Senior Member+

oh and the best way to improve is to hire coaches with high stats in a specific field, and keep pestering the board for more coaching role positions, it works beleive me

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 22:38   #8

I don't take the game to serious but i'll look into that hehe, I bought the likes of Anthony Elding but he don't get a regular game even though i'm playing 4-3-3.. Brandy has already been snapped up but i'll try pinch him in January I'm currently 3rd i think, 11 points clear of 8th Happy days

« Alert | latest odds »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..