Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2020, 19:30   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Footy Off :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Oh yes, & at least my hunt was fruitful - indeed it was the highlight of my day so far
If I didnt know you better that might sound like it could be a tissue of lies to me !..

Ammonia Cleaner ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2020, 20:14   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh yes, & at least my hunt was fruitful - indeed it was the highlight of my day so far
Roll on Di...... On the plus side...Stanley didn’t lose today!
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 07:56   #18
God Member

Big question here depending on how long the enforced break lasts will the crowds be the same or will people lose the habit after watching football for 50 years I odly found yesterday quite enjoyable went out for a drink with the misses and friends and lo and behold no football on screens anywhere people talking to one another pubs full just a thought.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 08:36   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Big question here depending on how long the enforced break lasts will the crowds be the same or will people lose the habit after watching football for 50 years I odly found yesterday quite enjoyable went out for a drink with the misses and friends and lo and behold no football on screens anywhere people talking to one another pubs full just a thought.
Once they close the pubs you’ll be dreaming of getting back to Whambley.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 09:11   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Once they close the pubs you’ll be dreaming of getting back to Whambley.
can shut em all down for good for me. if they do though i,ll imagine there will be much more moaning and groaning that there has been about stopping pro football for a few weeks. the self styled experts will be out in force telling all and sundry the reasons for not closing them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 09:43   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Can't imagine me losing the habit tbh, I'm fretting already . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 10:34   #22
God Member

we lose the habit once the season finishes but are back in august no matter what.
Old 15-03-2020, 10:45   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
we lose the habit once the season finishes but are back in august no matter what.
The season won't finish anyone who thinks it will start again on April 3rd are in cloud Cuckoo land, football,s chiefs in a meeting later this week and personally think that they will close it down untill further notice what happens with winners promotion and relegation is probably their worst nightmare with clubs firing law suits at them but this virus thing is very unpredictable and government all ready talking about isolation of the over 70,s. Football I,m afraid as much as I love it is way down on my priorities.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 12:14   #24
God Member

Quote:
I actually go into hibernation in closed season, absolutely hate it - no time for summer, it's nothing but cricket & wasps
yonmon, pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 16-03-2020, 13:54   #25
God Member

Quote:
- no time for summer, it's nothing but cricket & wasps
do not forget flies, midges, drought fears when it does not rain for 5 days and the worst thing humans ever invented, tennis.
Old 16-03-2020, 17:51   #26
God Member

Quote:
...So, on the whole it was a good day?..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 17:56   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
...So, on the whole it was a good day?..
I wouldn't go that far Kiwi but at least I kept myself occupied
Old 16-03-2020, 17:58   #28
God Member

Quote:
do not forget flies, midges, drought fears when it does not rain for 5 days and the worst thing humans ever invented, tennis.
Yes, all that - except I don't mind tennis, especially Wimbledon - I have a soft spot for that tournament

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..