Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By Chrisr
  • 4 Post By cashman
  • 7 Post By AccyMad
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By Twenty Eight
  • 4 Post By Lord Didsbury
  • 1 Post By Twenty Eight
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 17:37   #1
Senior Member+

For those who thought he was a nice boy

Former footballer jailed over drugs bust at Glastonbury Festival - Manchester Evening News
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2017, 18:16   #2
Full Member+

Re: For those who thought he was a nice boy

I don't know why he has to be associated with the club as he was sacked from our club. It is almost a stain on the clubs good character. Accy Stanley don't tolerate Drugs at any level.
MikeA likes this.
Old 03-08-2017, 18:35   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

He was sacked way back when the F.L. banned him for substance in his test, so why that recent one should be associated with the club is simply to sell newspapers and sod the damage to anyone.
Old 03-08-2017, 18:36   #4
Senior Member+

I'm sure if you look back some were reluctant to criticise him.
Old 03-08-2017, 20:42   #5
God Member

No need to drag it up again in a new thread though, I think the subject has been done to death - he was sacked by Asfc for the original incident, end of!!
Old 03-08-2017, 22:02   #6
Full Member+

Thousands of drug dealers at Glastonbury Fayre, loads ten to get arrested and it isn't normally news, unless it is someone like Bez or an ex/banned footballer.

Who gives a ****? Just a young lad making mistakes like a lot do, no need to take pleasure in it, and I wouldn't be upset if he came back after his ban when he has learnt his lesson, if he is still capable.
Old 04-08-2017, 14:41   #7

Chewbacca - I agree. He's young and he's cocked things up like we all do with our inate stupidity. I hope he sorts himself out when he gets out.
Old 04-08-2017, 16:34   #8
Senior Member+

Unbelievable. How can you defend what this person has done ? 16 months reflects the severity.

Last edited by Mr T; 06-08-2017 at 11:53. Reason: inapproiate langauge
Old 04-08-2017, 16:53   #9
God Member

I'm only guessing, but could it be because not everyone on here takes pleasure in an individual's misfortunes, however stupid they've been?
KiTChener and yonmon like this.
Old 04-08-2017, 18:56   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I'm only guessing, but could it be because not everyone on here takes pleasure in an individual's misfortunes, however stupid they've been?
Misfortunes ? Are you having a laugh ?
Even dealing in conterfeit money ! God give me strength.
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 04-08-2017, 21:22   #11

I've never been in trouble with the law and thank god neither has anyone in my immediate family. So I've no axe to grind on this.
But not everyone is fortunate to have an untroubled life. For some reason Lacey has done something so idiotic and reckless that you've got to think all cannot be well. he deserves his prison sentence, but I'd rather hope prison and time to reflect makes him come back a better person and is given another chance.... rather than it break him.

I'd think the same of any young kid - footballer or not.
baldy, KiTChener, cashman and 1 others like this.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:29   #12
Senior Member+

Football is a fickle industry so he may get back. However there are a host of lads at his level working their socks off hoping for a break currently unemployed who haven't strayed down the wrong path. I hope they stay in front of him in the queue.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-08-2017, 16:56   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Reading the "local paper" online, (for my UK home area) came across this:-

Ex-Southport footballer jailed after being caught with Class A drugs and fake money at Glastonbury - Southport Visiter

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..