Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2022, 13:42   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: forest green?

agree with tommy mcqueen they were rubbish.
Tommy McQueen likes this.
Old 07-09-2022, 15:02   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Forest Green were the worst side I’ve seen If we can’t get at least a draw against opposition such as that well I despare I know we have injuries but we’re supposed to have a brilliant squad Let’s hope we come to at Lincoln or we will be looking up at an increasing large gap in the table
Playing with one upfront especially a green to the league has Lowe is has me mystified injuries or not you should put two in there Liegh could play in there probably be more effective than the position he occupies now misplaced passes all night, to help with the defensive side play Coyle and Conneely together in a 4-4-2 with the creative players down the flanks as you say Tommy results sooner rather than later are a must.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 16:43   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Forest Green were the worst side I’ve seen If we can’t get at least a draw against opposition such as that, well I despair. I know we have injuries but we’re supposed to have a brilliant squad
Sadly Tommy, results against Tranmere, Rochdale, Burton & Forest Green only prove our current squad is more mediocre than marvellous.
All footie fans are optimists at the start of the season, but there comes a time when stark reality dawns.
I know we're always strapped for cash and rely on loans & freebies, but is a non-league striker & a fullback from Clitheroe the best we can do?
After surviving years of 'make do and mend', the chickens have finally come home to roost & I genuinely fear for our prospects.
Poor results have an negative effect on attendances - add a cost of living crisis and watch both home & away fans disappear faster than you can say Hamilton Academicals.
I'm no football genius, but it's obvious our current game-plan simply isn't working when we're incapable of dispatching lower opposition.
Someone described insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Unless we get back to winning ways soon, relegation is a real possibility.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:50   #49
Senior Member+

Agreed mate.

My post on the other thread.

The Club has chosen its path to tread - over a few seasons now.
You only have to look back at historical posts.
No one is right no one is wrong its the Accy way.
I've been vocal on the lack of investment in the product on the pitch and whether people like it or not my opinion hasn't and won't change.
This is League One.
These signings year after year are gambles.
Sooner or later it catches up with you.
Continuously pulling up minor miracles from lower leagues is nothing short of miraculous
and then moving them on at a profit an even bigger miracle.
Add to that the lack of experience from the loanees.
Suck it up buttercup you reap what you sow.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..