Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2018, 19:09   #16

Re: Forest Green game

'There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune'

Today, that tide turned powerfully in favour of Stanley.
Anyone not present today may assume the final score predictable for a team of strugglers playing the league leaders.
How wrong they would be!
After taking a 3 minute lead, it looked like Stanley would make mincemeat of the Vegan newcomers.
Far from rolling over, the eco-warriors slowly began to dominate possession with some impressive slick passing.
The second half saw us pinned back for long periods, culminating in a deserved equaliser for FGR on 64 minutes.
Last season, this was a game we would have probably gone on to lose - but that was then & this is now!
As others with sights on winning promotion have discovered, this Stanley team are made of sterner stuff.
Just when it looked like a draw would be something of a blessed relief, up stepped Jordan Clark to save the day.
Winning the ball in our own half, he danced down the wing, waltzed passed the FGR defence & scored what must be the goal of his career to restore Stanley's 3 point lead at the top.
The jolly green giants re-doubled their efforts & it proved another nail-biting 11 minutes before Jackson took his one opportunity to lob Collins & put the result beyond doubt.
Clark brought home the bacon today!
Salad days indeed for Accrington Stanley.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2018, 21:22   #17
Senior Member+

WAH HEY!
Channel 5 presenters just followed my 'MESSI' quote on Football on 5

It certainly was a great goal and looked just as good on the TV
Well done Jordan and THE STANLEY!
AccyMad and keep the faith like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 21:29   #18
Full Member+

Don't know about MESSY looked quite good to me.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 21:46   #19
Senior Member+

Well for my two'penneth. I thought VGU had too much of the ball after we scored early doors. Albeit, they seemed frightened to attack and always seemed to be going backwards, however, after they equalised, there seemed to be one team on the ball, so to speak. Step forward Jordan Clark, superb! Then Kayden does what I thought a few others might have tried to do, and lobbed the keeper. Sean unlucky not to get a 4th goal direct from a corner as well. Overall, a satisfying result, just hope for warmer weather soon. Total brass monkeys today.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 22:04   #20
God Member

To be fair, I thought 3 - 1 flattered us a little - Forest Green played some good football as they did at their place earlier in the season & I really hope they stay up.
That said, Jordan & Kayden's goals were each worthy match winners - well played lads & with other results going our way, we dare to dream this could just be our time - COYR!!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 07:55   #21
God Member

forest green reminded me of crewe a few weeks ago. plenty of the ball but never really looked like scoring until they did. was not worried though as this is a different stanley side than in recent years where we seem to find an extra gear and finish games strongly. hope those who were froze to death will come back again as i,m sure they got value for money yesterday afternoon. thought jordan clarke had his best 90 mins for us as sometimes he starts games slowly or fades in the second half. man of the match apart from another goal of the season contender.
choirboy and chevyfire like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 08:27   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
'There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune'

Salad days indeed for Accrington Stanley.
My salad days, / When I was green in judgment, cold in blood...

The Bard seems to be an appropriate muse at this tide in the affairs of our young men methinks Lord S !.

However, whilst our team appear to be cold in blood these days as they see off their protagonists one after another, none could accuse them of being green in judgement !.
Their leaders seem in fact to show all the judgement necessary to lead the club to greatness !.

All the world's a stage !.

KTF !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 09:42   #23
Senior Member+

Eventful day all round.
Had to have a £1 special in the club with Jord after that display.
Turned out to be a bad move !
Took 3 hours to get home across the 62 and car abandoned a mile from home so safe to say a game I wont forget in a hurry.
Jordan has that in his locker.
He's scored some great goals over the years but that's up there.
You've got to say though that if it was the other way round we'd be asking why a defender didn't take him out ...........
This team is full of unsung heroes.
No time for MOM awards right now - it's the collective that counts.
A good rest now - contrary to popular belief I think the Yeovil postponement is a blessing - because a few lads carrying knocks and Kayden's groin pull needs managing. We need everybody fit and available.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 09:46   #24
God Member

do not understand this shakespeare stuff. raymond chandlers mean streets of accrington where the cold rolls in from pendle hill to make an eskimo wince will do for me.
LongLostSon, yonmon and sherry like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 11:59   #25

What’s also very nice is that no one has moaned about a referee now for exactly 14 games.
Can’t believe how quickly the standards must have improved.

(And whilst I’m in mischief mode, where is Chrisr to tell us the benefits of a rotation policy?)
baldy likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 12:23   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well lets be honest though jacko scored a good goal at the death, with a groin injury he shoulda been rested surely?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-03-2018, 13:18   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well lets be honest though jacko scored a good goal at the death, with a groin injury he shoulda been rested surely?
I don't disagree cashy but it got me thinking who have we got as an alternative up front, looked on fishy and Zanzala seems to be the option to Jackson
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 13:20   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I don't disagree cashy but it got me thinking who have we got as an alternative up front, looked on fishy and Zanzala seems to be the option to Jackson
To me its more important that jacko is 100% fit, he sure didn't look so yesterday?
Old 18-03-2018, 14:22   #29

Hughes had one of those bits of physio tape on his hamstring too. Looked ok to me.

Coley has made two substitutions in the last 7 games, the starting 11 has been largely unchanged for last five I think. That’s proper old school that is. Reminiscent of Leeds when Mick Bates was lone sub for 13 years and only came on twice (or whatever).
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 14:33   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Hughes had one of those bits of physio tape on his hamstring too. Looked ok to me.

Coley has made two substitutions in the last 7 games, the starting 11 has been largely unchanged for last five I think. That’s proper old school that is. Reminiscent of Leeds when Mick Bates was lone sub for 13 years and only came on twice (or whatever).
Did Jacko look ok to you? The lads like lightening wasn't yesterday!

Last edited by cashman; 18-03-2018 at 14:36.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..